“Very good experience”

Ranked #4 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Very good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Stayed in this hotel a couple of times to attend running events that took place on Yas Island, both stays were quite nice. The service is prompt and cheerful, the rooms and the bathrooms are spacious, modern and comfortable. The hotel's exterior and interior design are very impressive. Definitely worth checking out, only minor issues were that valet service could be slow sometimes and that the pool can get crowded rather easily and is rather small. The breakfast is also very good, the variety is not impressive, but the food quality definitely makes up for it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
YasViceroy, Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear omardxb,

Thank you for posting a brief review on TripAdvisor.

Of course, it is good to read that you enjoyed several stays with us already and enjoyed them. I am sharing your feedback on the valet parking and the quality of breakfast with the team so that we can improve in the future. We are also reviewing our pool areas as part of a planned project in 2014.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Oliver Bruns

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (678)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
luton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

We stayed at the Yas for 5 nights a couple of weeks before the F1 and it was an excellent stay.
On arrival they'd noted the trip was part of my 50th birthday celebration and had upgraded our room and in the room was a beautiful hand made chocolate cake with Happy 50th Birthday on it! Room was huge with lovely views over the marina and circuit. Bed very very good. Oh, I almost forgot, if you don't have a degree in engineering you'll need help to work the lights, aircon and tv.

There is some racing on the track most nights, great to see and if you want to splash a little cash then take Aston Martin for a run. It's noisy outside so don't book and then moan about the noise, just don't book.

Breakfast was amazing - just about everything you could imagine from smoked salmon to steak and eggs to white chocolate bite sized doughnuts. The Italian restaurant was excellent but the portions are huge so we were full after the bread, olives, starter - but that didn't stop us! Food and drinks in the hotel are not too expensive £5 beer £10 cocktail, dinner for two with nice wine and two courses around £80.

The roof bar was a lovely with great cocktails (free to ladies on Weds) and great bar snacks.

Abu Dhabi must do's - behind the scenes tour our the Yas Marina F1 circuit, Ferrari World was great fun, although we didn't both feel the same about the worlds fastest roller coaster (longest minute of my life). The hotels beach was well looked after and organised. We didn't go to Yas waterworld but others said it was great fun. A free hotel bus regularly goes around these attractions

The hotel is on an island a 20min taxi ride from the down town Abu Dhabi but to be honest taxis are so cheap, we used them to get around. Or there is a Big Bus Tour that goes down town, to all the above attractions with one of the hop on hop off stops being the Yas Viceroy hotel, which may be a cheaper option. We just didn't want to waste time.

Your must go to the Grand Mosque - it really is gob smackingly lovely and the free tour give you an insight into the build and materials from all over the world. Have a wander around the Emirates Palace and then over to the Ethiad Towers for afternoon tea to watch the sun set.

Dubai v Abu Dhabi - if you only want to go to one, then choose Dubai as there is more to do and just take a day trip (organised or by self drive) to Abu Dhabi.

All in all we loved this hotel and both our visits to UAE.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on 3rd floor where the track and marina view aren't block by the steel covers.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear donna b b,

Thank you for your detailed review of Yas Viceroy, Yas Island and Abu Dhabi as a destination. It is wonderful to read all the lovely impressions you had of our hotel and the surrounding areas.

I am glad that you enjoyed our services and I hope that you will return in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stay in Abu Dhabi once a year, and this year I thought I’d push the boat out and treat myself to a luxurious experience at the modernist Viceroy hotel. Bad mistake. This is the least relaxing hotel I have ever stayed in, even the one in Ibiza where there was an impromptu rock concert next door. I would have had a more relaxing time with a small, irritating child gaffer-taped to my head. From my arrival at 2 (where I was told that there would be F1 testing until sunset) until 6, I found that there is no place to escape from the dreadful noise that haunts you in this place. The family pool? No chance. Noise. The quiet pool? Even noisier, where the brave sunbathers are forced to wrap towels around their heads to drown out some of the noise. What about one of the bars or restaurants? Noise. And they don’t open until 7pm. And the rooms are just as bad, probably worse. I’m no scientist but it seems to be noisier in the bath under the water. There is no respite from the constant horror of the surrounding cars. On my (temporary) escape, where I went to a neighbouring hotel for dinner (almost exploding my eardrums on the way) I complained to the concierge, who informed me that the testing and the cacophonous disaster that follows it will be going until 10pm. I then asked for some earplugs, to be told they don’t have any complimentary ones! Absolutely farcical! How on earth do they expect to run a hotel, where there is no area to relax between 2pm and 10pm? I don’t know but I was unfortunate enough to be duped by a no-refund policy. Maybe this would be an acceptable hotel for the aurally-impaired but for me it is an absolute nightmare. A truly horrible experience. And the nightclub hasn’t even started yet.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Griggsy295424
YasViceroy, Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Griggsy295424,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I am terribly sorry that you had such a poor experience due to the noise from the race track. It is certainly true that some of the racing activities can be very noisy.

I will share your comment on the ear plugs with our team as we do have complimentary ones available if needed - I am sorry that you were not informed correctly.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed he are when visiting Abu Dhabi the experience was the best ever. The rooms were fantastic, the view over the race track and the sound foe the cars was thrilling to say the least. The Indian food in the hotel was fabulous, the terrace restaurant and bars were great sitting under the stars with the changing lights on the roof. We did go off and do some sight seeing but really would have preferred to spend the whole weekend at the hotel. Want to return soon got a taste of the 5 star luxury difficult to top this experience. The beach was nearby we were chauffeured to and from the only dislike was the loud house type music played on the beach not necessary couldn't escape it, the staff on the beach were attentive sea like a warm bath.

Room Tip: Select a room over looking the track such a thrill
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Anthony S,

Thank you for sharing your review about Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

I am thrilled with your comments and will share the same with our team as a means of motivation for even more success in future. I will also advise our neighbours from Yas Beach regarding the music and see how this can be reviewed.

I hope to welcome you back to Yas Viceroy soon.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

It’s one of my favorite hotels in Abu Dhabi I enjoy my time with my spouse. It’s luxury and relaxing. it have a nice Aisa restureant and italiyan.They have beautiful arrange for the room if you have special occasion. I try them in April for my husband birthday party.

Room Tip: I try different room but I love the one have Marina view
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Salma A
Dear Salma A,

Thank you for your brief thoughts on Yas Viceroy and it is wonderful to see you enjoyed our hotel.

Please be back soon.

Ely, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

This is a stunning hotel in an amazing location. The food is excellent, although the service in the Japanese Restaurant wasn't great and the food wasn't to my taste. The roof bar is not to be missed as is the roof pool in building 2. Having breakfast sitting overlooking the F1 circuit was quite something. The staff were all courteous and attentive, I would most definitely go back to this hotel again, although, this really isn't a place to take your kids unless you are prepared to take them out to the Yas water park or Ferrari World or the beach etc. The hotel is fantastic, for adults, but kids would get bores pretty quickly I think.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Ray H,

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I would like to thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

I will certainly review your comments on the food & service at Kazu restaurant and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the other areas of the hotel and Yas Island.

I hope to welcome you back to Yas Viceroy in the near future.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Writing from the hotel & what a amazing weekend we have had. For location to watch this fantastic event, you could not be anywhere better.
The hotel is truly 5 star & rooms are spacious & cater for your every need.
To have the ability to watch the race from our balcony was an experience we will remember forever. Although we also found the palm garden on the hotel grounds which gave front row viewing.
Had previously read other reviews regarding noise levels from the cars racing & also aeroplanes flying over, can honestly say that there was no inconvenience from this. Why would you book this hotel if you didn't want to experience some noise levels, it's directly over the track??!!
Great pool on top of hotel & food served there was very good quality.
Also ate at the Indian restaurant, possibly the best Indian meal we have had.
Hotel is far away from anything else so would need to organise cabs for any trips.
All in all, can recommend this hotel purely due to the superb location alone & would definitely be back for the next F1 event.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Prospect40
YasViceroy, Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Prospect40,

I was delighted to read that your experience at Yas Viceroy over the F1 weekend was a fantastic one. It is certainly a special time of the year on Yas Island. I have shared your wonderful comments regarding your meal at Angar with the team as it is a great honour indeed to receive such high praise.
I certainly hope that we are able to welcome you back for the F1 in 2014.