“A unique and memorable location!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi

Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi
Ranked #3 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Suffolk, England
“A unique and memorable location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

We'd seen it featured prominently during the televised Grand Prix and now, just a few days later, we were spending a night at this unique location. The hotel is a striking structure, straddling the racing track and adjacent to the stands, pit lanes and the marinas which are all part of the infrastructure of GP racing.
Having been quickly and efficiently checked in, we were led to our fifth floor rooms. And what rooms! Cool, spacious, luxurious and immaculate...and with a balcony that overlooked the track and marina. We had been warned that there was GP2 practising taking place, and outside the noise was raucous and cracklingly loud. But the well-sealed door and efficient double glazing effectively eliminated the outside activity.
We made use of the smaller rooftop pool - a delightful location, even allowing for the buzz of cars circulating far below us. The pool is clean and run with attentive service that includes staff arranging recliners and towels for you and bringing complimentary drinks and ice creams.
In the evening we visited the Amici italian restaurant within the hotel and were impressed by both the quality of service and of the excellent food.
Recommended? Yes of course, but be aware of the location and be prepared for the noise and excitement of motor racing!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
YasViceroy, Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Krefelder,

I was delighted to read your review of Yas Viceroy. It is always gratifying to know that a guest has enjoyed our leisure and dining options and would recommend the hotel to others. As we have just completed a re-fit of the balcony doors for the entire building, your positive comments regarding noise attenuation are very pleasing.
It would be my great pleasure to welcome you back to Yas Viceroy.

Oliver Bruns

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (668)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed for 5 nights over the Grand Prix weekend, absolutely fantastic. Staff and service perfect, food good, facilities second to none. A little surprised to see another reviewer complaining about the noise from F1 cars, what do you expect on a GP weekend from a hotel that straddles the racetrack? Room was fab, view of the Marina and racetrack and even a complimentary boat to take us to our grandstand.

Room Tip: ask for a marina view room
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
YasViceroy, Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear esdee2013,

Thank you for sharing your experience over the F1 weekend at Yas Viceroy. The entire team felt amazing during those dates as you can imagine and I am glad that this feeling shone through to you as well while you were here.

I hope to welcome you back for next year's Grand Prix.

Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Hotel, service, food and facilities top class but if you are playing golf on yas island would recommend you don't stay here! You cannot get a taxi back to the hotel! Instead you get a golf buggie to the nearby crowne plaza and then get a very grumpy taxi driver to take you to the hotel or you can walk it in less than 10mins but carrying clubs can feel like forever in the heat! We even called the hotel to pre arrange but taxi did not appear - so disappointed :(

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear BlueTomato28,

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the Yas Viceroy, its facilities and the services of our colleagues.

I am terribly sorry to hear of your challenges in obtaining a taxi from the beautiful Yas Links golf course and I will certainly share this feedback with them. Of course, it should be easily possible to call a taxi for pick-up at that location.

I hope that you will have a chance to visit us again in the near future.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Certainly is a 5 star hotel, the rooms are spacious, clean and luxurious.
We stayed in the Marina block which was quieter than the main block. There was some F1 car practising happening during our stay and they make a heck of a noise - you need earplugs when bathing by the roof pool on the main building or some good headphones. Not so bad on the Marina building pool.
Place is really modern, remote controlled curtains and lighting.
Looks really cool at night with the different colours on the glazed over cladding.
It is a fair way from Abu Dhabi downtown - 30 mins in a taxi, but next door to Ferrari world and water world.
We had the buffet breakfast @ 125 dhms each, not cheap but very good quality.
We loved it.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Dennis M,

Thank you for your lovely impressions of Yas Viceroy. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope that you will have a chance to visit us again in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Stayed in this hotel a couple of times to attend running events that took place on Yas Island, both stays were quite nice. The service is prompt and cheerful, the rooms and the bathrooms are spacious, modern and comfortable. The hotel's exterior and interior design are very impressive. Definitely worth checking out, only minor issues were that valet service could be slow sometimes and that the pool can get crowded rather easily and is rather small. The breakfast is also very good, the variety is not impressive, but the food quality definitely makes up for it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear omardxb,

Thank you for posting a brief review on TripAdvisor.

Of course, it is good to read that you enjoyed several stays with us already and enjoyed them. I am sharing your feedback on the valet parking and the quality of breakfast with the team so that we can improve in the future. We are also reviewing our pool areas as part of a planned project in 2014.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

luton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

We stayed at the Yas for 5 nights a couple of weeks before the F1 and it was an excellent stay.
On arrival they'd noted the trip was part of my 50th birthday celebration and had upgraded our room and in the room was a beautiful hand made chocolate cake with Happy 50th Birthday on it! Room was huge with lovely views over the marina and circuit. Bed very very good. Oh, I almost forgot, if you don't have a degree in engineering you'll need help to work the lights, aircon and tv.

There is some racing on the track most nights, great to see and if you want to splash a little cash then take Aston Martin for a run. It's noisy outside so don't book and then moan about the noise, just don't book.

Breakfast was amazing - just about everything you could imagine from smoked salmon to steak and eggs to white chocolate bite sized doughnuts. The Italian restaurant was excellent but the portions are huge so we were full after the bread, olives, starter - but that didn't stop us! Food and drinks in the hotel are not too expensive £5 beer £10 cocktail, dinner for two with nice wine and two courses around £80.

The roof bar was a lovely with great cocktails (free to ladies on Weds) and great bar snacks.

Abu Dhabi must do's - behind the scenes tour our the Yas Marina F1 circuit, Ferrari World was great fun, although we didn't both feel the same about the worlds fastest roller coaster (longest minute of my life). The hotels beach was well looked after and organised. We didn't go to Yas waterworld but others said it was great fun. A free hotel bus regularly goes around these attractions

The hotel is on an island a 20min taxi ride from the down town Abu Dhabi but to be honest taxis are so cheap, we used them to get around. Or there is a Big Bus Tour that goes down town, to all the above attractions with one of the hop on hop off stops being the Yas Viceroy hotel, which may be a cheaper option. We just didn't want to waste time.

Your must go to the Grand Mosque - it really is gob smackingly lovely and the free tour give you an insight into the build and materials from all over the world. Have a wander around the Emirates Palace and then over to the Ethiad Towers for afternoon tea to watch the sun set.

Dubai v Abu Dhabi - if you only want to go to one, then choose Dubai as there is more to do and just take a day trip (organised or by self drive) to Abu Dhabi.

All in all we loved this hotel and both our visits to UAE.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on 3rd floor where the track and marina view aren't block by the steel covers.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear donna b b,

Thank you for your detailed review of Yas Viceroy, Yas Island and Abu Dhabi as a destination. It is wonderful to read all the lovely impressions you had of our hotel and the surrounding areas.

I am glad that you enjoyed our services and I hope that you will return in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stay in Abu Dhabi once a year, and this year I thought I’d push the boat out and treat myself to a luxurious experience at the modernist Viceroy hotel. Bad mistake. This is the least relaxing hotel I have ever stayed in, even the one in Ibiza where there was an impromptu rock concert next door. I would have had a more relaxing time with a small, irritating child gaffer-taped to my head. From my arrival at 2 (where I was told that there would be F1 testing until sunset) until 6, I found that there is no place to escape from the dreadful noise that haunts you in this place. The family pool? No chance. Noise. The quiet pool? Even noisier, where the brave sunbathers are forced to wrap towels around their heads to drown out some of the noise. What about one of the bars or restaurants? Noise. And they don’t open until 7pm. And the rooms are just as bad, probably worse. I’m no scientist but it seems to be noisier in the bath under the water. There is no respite from the constant horror of the surrounding cars. On my (temporary) escape, where I went to a neighbouring hotel for dinner (almost exploding my eardrums on the way) I complained to the concierge, who informed me that the testing and the cacophonous disaster that follows it will be going until 10pm. I then asked for some earplugs, to be told they don’t have any complimentary ones! Absolutely farcical! How on earth do they expect to run a hotel, where there is no area to relax between 2pm and 10pm? I don’t know but I was unfortunate enough to be duped by a no-refund policy. Maybe this would be an acceptable hotel for the aurally-impaired but for me it is an absolute nightmare. A truly horrible experience. And the nightclub hasn’t even started yet.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Griggsy295424
YasViceroy, Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Griggsy295424,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I am terribly sorry that you had such a poor experience due to the noise from the race track. It is certainly true that some of the racing activities can be very noisy.

I will share your comment on the ear plugs with our team as we do have complimentary ones available if needed - I am sorry that you were not informed correctly.