“Nice service, very modern”

Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi
Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I liked the hotel, we were there for a conference on the Yas circuit so it was very practical. But be warned Yas Island is 30 min form Abu Dhabi. It is only convenient for Ferrari, Waterpark or the racetrack. The restaurants were very good, the pools delicious, first class service. The room is a bit too modern with a glass bathroom. It is impossible to go to bathroom without disturbing someone else in the room in the middle of the night. Also a very weird light control switch (either at one panel or one remote control). No switches in the bathroom (all the walls are made of glass!!!).

Room Tip: Ask a room in the main building as the marina building is a long walk from the reception.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
YasViceroy, Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Onvoyage6,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review. I was glad to read that you liked your stay at Yas Viceroy and that you found the service to be first class. The hotel certainly has some striking design features and I was sorry to read that these were not to your taste.
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Yas Viceroy.

There are newer reviews for Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed for one night with a group of friends. When we arrived we carries our own luggage from the car, not really something that guests should do in a 5 star establishment. Check in was fast and we were given 2 deluxe twins rooms. The rooms were very spacious plenty of towels, robes slippers etc. If you are looking to take a shower/bath in privacy then you may not want to stay here. The bathroom has glass walls with slightly frosted glass, there was also a gap in the door meaning that whoever you are with can see into the bathroom. We didn't eat here so cannot comment on the food. Overall we enjoyed our stay in the Viceroy.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tina M

Dear Tinadubai,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at Yas Viceroy, but disappointed that you had to transport your own luggage. As you know, this is something that should have been undertaken for you. I hope you are able to visit us again to enjoy the numerous dining options on offer.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

One of the best stays in Abu Dhabi.. Room right on top of Formula One Track... Nice surroundings in Yas island.. Good Marina View... Nice night clubs & good hospitality from the hotel staff.. A hotel worth to stay when you visit Abu Dhabi... cheaper than many hotels around still you will get the best value of services & money...

Room Tip: Hotel & Rooms are fantastic... Only one disadvantage is that its away from Abu Dhabi city so it...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ocBIJoc

Dear bcapricb,

What a wonderful review! On behalf of everyone at Yas Viceroy, thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments on Trip Advisor.
It would be my great pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stayed here for a week the week after the Grand Prix. Overall the hotel is excellent. The only issue I have is that it is really a business hotel trying to cater for holiday makers and I am not sure it works. The location is ideal for Ferrari world and the water park and the hotel also supplies a bus to the beach, only a 5 minute drive. The town is about 30 mins away and if you really want to see Abu Dhabi that is where you need to go.
We were upgraded to a suite which was really nice, huge bed and superb bathroom. We ate in all the restaurants except for Origins ( buffet). The only restaurant I wouldn't recommend was the Arabic, we were disappointed. The Japanese and Indian were excellent.
The good news for adults is that there is an adults only pool which is on the 8th floor. The only bad bit is that shadow covers most of it by early afternoon.
All the staff I came in to contact with were friendly and helpful.
To conclude, it is a wonderful hotel with great rooms, great staff and great restaurants. However I would not recommend this for families or for people looking for a real holiday hotel. It is worth a visit but 3 or 4 days but that would be enough.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank GloucsTraveller

Dear GloucsTraveller,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Yas Viceroy. I was glad to read that you found the hotel to be ‘excellent’ and that on this occasion; we were able to upgrade you to a Suite. Whilst it is always wonderful to receive such positive feedback regarding our hotel dining options, I am of course very disappointed that your experience at Atayeb was not to the standard we demand. I have brought this matter to the attention of the Director of Food & Beverage.
I hope you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stayed for one night and was an incredible experience, especially because gp3 were testing on the track.

Everything was amazing. Must mention the staff who all congratulated after I ran a half. A little thing but goes down well.

One thing of note is that the pools are in the shade quite early due to location. Worth noting.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Andrew C,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. I agree, when the Yas Marina Circuit is in use, there is certainly a wonderful atmosphere in and around the hotel. I was delighted to read that your experience at Yas Viceroy was amazing and I hope to be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I was staying at the Viceroy Hotel for 7 nights, because of a business trip to Abu Dhabi, and I really loved it! The room is spacious and I like the design and the details of the interior equipment. The room at the Marina Wing was with direct sea view, quiet, and I could nearly touch the boats in the port. Being in the industry, I know how important it is, that staff is motivated and gives every customer special attention, and I have to admit that all staff I was dealing with, was very friendly and helpful. There is an ESPA Spa, and I had a great experience with the treatment I received, and I also appreciated the individual treat of the Spa staff. As I was traveling on my own I do not like to sit alone in a restaurant, and I ordered room service several times, which I also want to underline that the quality of food is excellent and as I follow a special diet they tried to fulfill my extra orders. The feeling of the formula 1 is also special, and Yas Island is a good spot to have a good time in Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Andrea B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Yas Viceroy. I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable time with us and that we were able to cater to your needs. I have shared your review with the hotel colleagues; as such great praise is a fabulous reward for their continued and consistent efforts. It would be my great pleasure to welcome you back to Yas Viceroy.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Claim to fame is that it is right on the Formula 1 racetrack. Aside from that it is an odd design without much warmth,no garden or real green space( close to a desert!) Rooms are large with balconies that you can really use due to the birdcage type of structure. Right on flight path so at 5 am there is noise.Simple things lke finding a plug that worked in teh room was complicated.....

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Adam B,

I am sorry to read that you experienced some challenges during your stay at Yas Viceroy. We take great pride in the striking and unique design of the building and I am sorry that the architecture was not to your liking. I hope you consider staying with us again.