“Wonderful treat”

Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi
Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
“Wonderful treat”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Visited for a Christmas treat with our family from Dubai. Had an interconnecting door so was ideal to have one grandchild with us in an extra bed & one in a cot with parents in next room.
Very clean & welcoming, staff very attentive. Great food selections.
Lovely family pool, towels, water, pool staff, shuttle bus to beach & every room has an amazing view of Marina or race track, boys loved it.
Fully recommend this hotel & cocktails!
Only observations you hear cars & planes.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (693)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We've just checked out of a 2 night stay at the Yas Viceroy and we absolutely loved it.

Super chic and immaculately clean (even for me and I'm picky!), really warm and friendly staff, really good food and the most 5* 5* hotel I've ever stayed in.

When we arrived we'd been booked a twin room by mistake (bl**dy dial a flight). They were really good and switched us straight away, giving us a better room with a balcony. The room was impressive, spacious and very very clean. It directly faced the track and when cars were going round it, it was noisy on the balcony and in the room with the door open (unsurprisingly). BUT they've done an ace job of soundproofing the rooms and I fell asleep one night with a drag race going on outside! If you're a light sleeper and worried about this, just request a non-track facing room, at the back of the hotel. But I really did ok with the noise and it would be a shame to miss the track.

This hotel is chic but not intimidating, with both tourists and flash people, there for the F1 track. It is expensive though, so be warned. We weren't quite ready for this, even though we'd been warned by friends. We only ate attend hotel at breakfast (which is ace) because we couldn't afford the £50 a head prices for the evening meals. It's ok though, we enjoyed food in Abu Dhabi.

We did enjoy a (delicious) glass on wine one night in the roof-top bar. The wine was better than any £8 glass I've had in the uk. We savoured every sip and it was a great experience.

I'd come back in a heartbeat, with a bit more spending money :-)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dena2010
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Just arrived yesterday at this hotel given a room with a completely obstructed view, and it smells like rotten fish, we asked if we could be moved, it is our wedding anniversary would like a nice view, told nothing available and have to stay where we are or something even worse, we only came to this hotel as it was recommended and it was such a special occasion, feel very let down if I wanted something standard could have gone anywhere and saved a fortune. Have watched lots of people leaving today, so feel like being fobbed off, only 6 more nights, very unhappy.

Room Tip: Requested a higher quiet room with an unobstructed view, got 2516 which is completely obstructed and...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank snooty51
YasViceroy, Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear snooty51,

Thank you for sharing your impressions on TripAdvisor.

I am very sorry to read that your stay did not meet your expectations at all and I apologize for the poor experience you had with us. I have shared your review with the team to ensure that such does not occur again and we are investigating the strange smell you described.

I do hope I can assist with a future stay so that we can make this up to you and you can contact me via yas.info@viceroyhotelsandresorts.com.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

The drive up is stunning and of course the track as a formula one fan this was the main reason we picked this hotel. It's new and trendy from the outside, lobby and rooms. The rooms are well appointed but too many doors in bathroom, lights are awkward , TV remote too. They have over complicated everything. The staff are pleasant with good morning etc but just seems a little bit aloof. Yesterday evening we got dressed to go to manolo blahik show as advertised to be told once we arrived there was a private party show was cancelled. Sorry not good enough . Have your party else where not my concern we are paying guests who have paid a lot of money and we should be looked after first. And as I sit on the eighth floor balcony this evening with the night club music so loud I might as well be in it while the sound of racing cars still rings in my years after today I realise that I have another four nights to go and I'm not excited by the prospects. Though I will confess i will be zooming around the track tomorrow. Never does it say that it's so far from the city itself and of course noise of constant planes... What a let down .

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear justine140,

Thank you for your posting your review on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the experience overall and I apologize for all the disturbances you encountered. Of course, the design of the hotel as well as the rooms is unique and can be quirky at times.

I am sharing all your feedback with our team and will ensure that we communicate better if a restaurant or lounge is fully booked so that our in-house guests can still enjoy our facilities.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at yas.info@viceroyhotelsandresorts.com so that I can assist with any future stay. I will then personally ensure that we make this up to you.

Sincerely yours,

Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We spent 2 nights at Yas Viceroy last month. It was a very pleasant stay. We enjoyed the modern design, the extremely friendly staff, and the small art exhibit in the Marina lobby.
I was disappointed, however, to find no USB outlet in the room. Even much simpler hotels now often provide a USB outlet/iPod dock in the rooms.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Beautiful hotel but with not so interesting experiences. We've to keep calling to let them know our room items we're not working! Their wonderful housekeeping staff were very efficient and that certainly made up for these unpleasant experience. For such a '5 stars' hotel, we were rather shock to be treated as 'transparent' in one of their well known restaurant during our both visits. They seems to prefer the Caucasian than the Asian. What a shame!!

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Angela C
YasViceroy, Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Angela C,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was very concerned to read your comment regarding perceived racial bias. Can I please ask that you contact me via yas.info@viceroyhotelsandreorts.com, to enable me to fully investigate your experience.

Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Viceroy in late October 2013 for a few days to experience F1 racing. The program included 3 concerts (J Zee, Muse, Depeche Mode) which made it unparalleled weekend retreat idea. The hotel was predictably overcrowded so be sure to book a table for the dinner in advance otherwise the only option is in-room dining. Our deluxe room faced the race circuit so we could watch the race from the balcony. The marina was full of yachts these days and discos ended only at 4-5 am which was a bit puzzling why the administration didn't dare to impose reasonable limitations on that. We visited Monte Carlo beach Club which is some 15 minutes from the hotel. It was an island of privacy. The overall experience was very positive. Probably planning to get there back in January with kids.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valentyn_Kyiv,

What a treat to be in Abu Dhabi during the F1! It certainly is a busy time of year at the hotel and advance bookings are always recommended to ensure you are able to enjoy all the food and beverage options we have on offer. I was glad to read that you were allocated a room facing the Yas Marina Circuit, with all the action right in front of you. Unfortunately we have no control over the adjacent Yas Marina and I was sorry to read that you were impacted from the noise.
I sincerely hope you choose to visit us in January and I look forward to welcoming you back to Yas Viceroy.