“Pole Position”

Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Pole Position”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

A great hotel for many reasons: easy to access, friendly, efficient staff, spacious rooms and bathrooms, clean and comfortable, cool exterior design, excellent facilities. Exceptionally easy to check in and check out. Breakfast was average.

Room Tip: Even standard rooms have cool views
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (699)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Viceroy is an excellent Hotel in Marina YAS Abu Dhabi, High standard in this brand new Hotel , rooms are spacious (about 60 m2) with modern and luxury fit-out and large balcony. There is view on the F1 circuit as well as the YAS Marina. Hotel is close to Ferrari Park and about 20 minutes to down town Abu Dhabi cornice area. We had an excellent stay. ! Fantastic !

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
cumbria
Reviewed 16 December 2013

If you are going to Yas Circuit for any event then this is the best hotel without doubt in terms of location BUT it is a very average hotel, it is certainly not a 5* hotel in the true sense of star ratings, for a relatively new hotel it is incredibly tired everywhere, the rooms are generous proportion but lacking in design & functionality, and very noisy (not track noise which you must expect) noise breakout from the corridors is incredibly high. The restaurants are average in terms food offering and quality but very expensive indeed in terms of wine, a very average petit chablis just under £70 a montrachet just out of the question, captive audience I guess. If you're just going to Abu Dhabi for a break and not specifically the circuit then there are lots, lots and lots of much better hotels that are proper 5* they may be more expensive (Yas is reasonably priced) but you expect to pay for a proper 5*. We were there for a circuit event so the location was key.

Room Tip: We were in block two over the bridge on floor 2, we heard the noise from the nightclub and the noise...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
YasViceroy, Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear paumart,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I am concerned to read some of your feedback and I will review this in detail with our team.

We will be investing substantially into our physical product this year, especially in terms of sound insulation.

I am also reviewing our beverage pricing as you suggested and ensure that we are in-line with the market. I am glad to read that you noticed how incredibly reasonable our room pricing already is.

Despite your recent experience, I do hope that we can welcome you back in the near future and hence I encourage you to contact me directly via yas.info@viceroyhotelsandresorts.com so that I can assist with arrangements.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed with my friends at the Viceroy from the 14th of Dec. to the 16th. of Dec. with a really attractive rate (Entertainer) as we were looking to have a cheap getaway from the daily life. The property is indeed an architectural triumph. Really spacious room with great view for a standard category, sophisticated facilities (amazing lighting and curtain control), bright bathroom even there are not windows, cozy sofa and armchair, high quality amenities and even satin laundry bags (!). The staff is really kind and helpful always available, smiley and professional...but what happens when a problem will be occurred? What is the action being taken when a guest has a point of dissatisfaction? My experience says NOTHING. We had an In Room Dinning order being ordered at 04.00 in the morning for 3 main dishes, waiting for it for very long, in the middle a huge lack of communication happened (we had a concern about the price and the staff thought that we were asking for a discount, we ordered 3 dishes but after 40 min. we realized that only one was punched etc.) and the worst part was the approach of the duty manager who at that moment was representing the Viceroy brand. When I called to question why the order was too late I realized that they were preparing only one dish for us and I asked for an explanation on that. His reply was that I never confirmed the order (?) and that it is not his problem. I found his reply at least unacceptable, I felt insulted and I asked him to meet me at the room to raise my concerns about that. The duty manager denied coming and meeting me, which until that moment I cannot understand why. Instead, he told me that he would send the In Room Dinning waiter. As I had nothing to say with the waiter I took the initiative to go downstairs by myself to meet him, find out what was wrong and ask if it was not his problem, as he said, whose problem was that the order was 1 hour late. His reply was that was his team's problem forgetting that he is the representative of it. I had to go back to my room really disappointed waiting again for the order while my friends were already sleeping. Returning at the front desk on the day of the departure I asked to meet the Front office manager who admitted that the brand's standard delivery time for the In room dining is 30 min. however he decided not to remove the charge as we finally consumed the food. It seems that for him 330AED is more important rather than being consistent with what Viceroy promises. He ''threatened'' me also by telling me that if I like I can dispute the charge but he will take it further. I paid as I did not want any further troubles with them and I left the property with a really bitter taste. Even if the property is amazing that incident made me feeling really uncomfortable on returning back in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Niceng84
Dear Niceng84,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Yas Viceroy on TripAdvisor.

Of course, your review is of great concern to me and I have reviewed the overnight dining situation with our team in detail to avoid such in future. I apologize for the miscommunication and please rest assured that our team will handle such matters differently in future.

I do hope that you will still consider us for any future visit and please feel free to contact me directly via yas.info@viceroyhotelsandresorts.com so that I can assist personally.

St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in October at the end of a trip to see friends and family.

We had a room with a balcony that overlooked part of the F1 track and the marina. Excellent facilities and a very comfortable room (see pics). Friendly service from all the staff we dealt with, and a nice range of dining options in the various restaurants.

The hotel bar (Skylite) on the top floor is awesome! Very relaxed vibe in an amazing setting, with service levels to match.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Limassol
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This is a truly great hotel and to be honest a one night stay is not sufficient to evaluate properly and to even get to know all the amenities offered. But, it is sufficient to form the first impressions and to rank this hotel among the finest I have visited and for sure the best airport hotel I have ever stayed at. The rise of Etihad as a global airline means that more and more passengers will use Abu Dhabi airport as a hub and this hotel is the perfect property to relax before a long flight to Asia.
The rooms are spacious, contemporary and the beds very comfortable. The bathrooms are very stylish and fully equipped with toiletries and the wifi is working perfectly and it is free. Dinner was great at Origins restaurant (Latina theme night). This hotel grants a good discount for Etihad frequent flyer card holders and this makes it even more attractive for gold card holders (25% discount). Very short and inexpensive ride to the airport.
Overall perfect marks.

Room Tip: Even the most inexpensive rooms are exceptional and quite large.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
lux
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Fantastic architecture, great space, room, design.
the glass on the balcony could be cleaned so that you can admire the F1 track when sitting. concierge not really coordinating properly, so I had to wait my last day 1h30 in the lobby for a driver.
Great massage service and ideal before along flight
Taxi for centre from 40-60c, for the airport 20-40c
free shuttle to Ferrari park and from there the bus 195 for 4c to go in town
breakfast good, but I would say too expensive for what it is

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank kekenu
Dear kekenu,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to read that your experience was somewhat flawed and I am sharing your comments with the team. I have reviewed the incident with the driver delay with our concierge and we will follow up in a more proactive manner in future.

Please do contact me directly for any future bookings on yas.info@viceroyhotelsandresorts.com so that I can ensure a wonderful experience.