“Consistently great!”

Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi
Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Whether for business or pleasure, I always enjoy my stays here. Good choice of restaurants and great breakfast. Rooms are comfortable and are quiet. Check in could be quicker would be my only downside and I much prefer a room in the main building. It us a short hope from Abu Dhabi airport and the right side of Abu Dhabi if you are driving from Dubai by car and is very easy to find.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
YasViceroy, Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear Wildsk,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. It is a pleasure to read that you are enjoying your stays with us and I do hope that you will be back soon again.

I noted your comment about the speed of check-in and I will see with the team how we can resolve this and I would like to encourage you to state your preference regarding a room in the main building on your next visit, so that we can update your records with us to reflect this.

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Always wanted to stay here after watching the F1. It didn't disappoint . Fabulous facility and fabulous staff. Really couldn't fault it. Will definitely return. Plenty of restaurants on site to suit all tastes. Free courtesy bus to a beautiful private beach. Just perfect for a February break.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Malcolm D
Reviewed 28 February 2014

My wife and I stayed her over New Years 2013/2014 as part of a 10 day holiday out in Abu Dhabi. We spent five days out at a Dessert Island resort before spending the remainder at Yas Viceroy. I can only give Yas Viceroy four stars due to a few simple issues. Without wanting to sound too conceited, both my wife and I are gold card holders of Etihad Airways. One of the reasons we chose Yas Viceroy was because of the heavy Etihad association (i.e. its right on top of the F1 track!) and the rewards / benefits you should get with their close association.
Nearly three months after my stay, I’m still waiting for my air miles to be credited to my account. So much for joined up. Also, after staying three days we realised we could have been receiving 25% off all evening meals. No-one bothered to inform us on check in. Seems suprising. In credit to the restaurant manager, and this stands the hotel in very good stead, he did offer us a 50% discount off our last meal so it was not a complete loss. However, it did involve many discussions and negotiations to secure this – not really necessary and could have been avoided by the check in staff recognising the Etihad Gold Cards and informing of promotions.
Anyway, that complaint aside, the hotel is pretty good. You can hear the F1 track being used (or at least the half of it that is for track driving experiences) so if you don’t like that sort of noise while relaxing by the pool, well you’ll hear it a lot. Location is great IMHO. The marina is right on your door step as are the restaurants etc of the hotel and the marina. The room is large, well equipped and super modern. Hotel restaurants were excellent, in particular the two oriental restaurants (Japanese and noodle place). They were very, very good.
As with most places in Abu Dhabi, there is a five star service delivered by a mixture of very competent staff (e.g. the restaurant manager, the kiwi guy working athe conceirge) mixed with some much, much less competent staff who might be good at smiling and saying good morning, but not really at delivering five star service.
I’d stay here again and would recommend it easily.
The hotel is not central to Abu Dhabi and getting there would be a bit of a trek from down town but if that is not a problem, well, it’s a great place to stay.
Only other problem was breakfast, it is not included. We dined in room (very lightly) each day, this was sufficient and given how hot it is, you don't really need to waste money on the full breakfast option. The marina restaurants are also very affordable so represent a good alternative to the big hotel buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Bruski_11,

Thank you for posting your extensive review on TripAdvisor. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us overall and I have noted your comments on some of our services.

I will most certainly share your notes regarding the Etihad Card status with our team so that we can inform our guests better. It would be great if you could contact me via yas.info@viceroyhotelsandresorts.com so that I can follow up on your miles.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Yas Viceroy and at that time, please feel free to book one of our options that includes full breakfast, which represent great value.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

My Partner and I spent six nights at The Viceroy Hotel, Yas Island, Abu Dhabi last week.
The hotel sits adjoining Yas Marina and the Formula 1 Race Track and is a place for sun and thrill seekers alike. It is a beautifully designed building, built to a high specification, featuring extremely futuristic curves, brilliant white surfaces, with colour changing exterior lighting at night. It would stand out as remarkable in any setting, but is even more so here in what is a reasonably conservative country, still developing at a much slower pace to Dubai.
As accommodation goes, it is luxuriously appointed, given a Room/Suite that measured at least 350 sq ft, of cool marble with chic fittings and fixtures, with as you would expect, top quality towels, robes, linen. The room had an awemome TV, a sophisticated ighting control system and impressively efficient and quiet air conditioning .. so really good all round.
Our room was situated on the 8th Floor directly overlooking the race circuit and directly below the hotel's Skylite Cocktail Bar and whilst the views were impressive, noise did penetrate the otherwise formidable double glazing , so be aware of this.
We spent most of our days lazying round the adults only Roof Top Pool (there is a childrens pool in the hotel too) The sun bathing was really nice and pool properly clean and the water temperature comfortably controlled. Everyone staying there seemed extremely chilled and the peace was only interuppted by the taking off and landing of airplanes coming over on the main flight path (airport about two minutes flying time away)
We ate at a couple of the nine restaurants available but our main choice was 'Origins' which provided both the hotel's breakfasts and evening buffet dining arrangements. The food was very good and the house wine excellent. Be prepared to pay upwards of £90 for dinner, alcoholic drinks, etc for two adults, but a cheaper soft drinks only buffet deal was also available too. It's worth stating the obvious that this is a luxury hotel and nothing is cheap to purchase here. Plus there is around about 16% tax extra added to the cost of food in any event.
The only complaint that I would have with staying here was the proximity to the F1 racetrack and the incredibly noisy V8 car racing that takes place, sometimes up to Midnight on some nights of the week and which begins at 9:30 a.m. on a Sunday(which is a bit much, quite honestly) Talking to staff about this problem, they say that many guests complain but the Main Circuit is operated by a separate company, who evidently aren't too concerned and would probably say "What do you expect, if you you stay here at the heart of F1 Abu Dhabi!"
So I would recommend those people who arent committted petrol heads that they request a room that doesnt overlook the racing. I'm surprised that the hotel fails to mention this noise issue as it is defintiley a disturbance that could upset a lot of people who imagine racing only occurs with the Grand Prix.
Finally, I woul just say we really did enjoy our stay and thought the hotel staff were polite, kind and helpful in most respects apart from our noise niggle. Its a beautifully appointed hotel providing a generally high quality experience, at a cost. Everyone we met at the hotel was polite and interested to make our stay as perfect as possible, so thank you very much.

Room Tip: Avoid overlooking the Race Track and stay in the Marina Building if possible
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We were a family of 6 travelling to Abu Dhabi then onto Dubai for a 2 stop break. My Partner, daughter (5) and I plus my partners niece (23), nephew (18) and her boyfriend (27).
I am rating the hotel as 'very good' based on location, style, and decor.
We arrived after a night flight and pleasantly surprised our rooms were just about ready, a bonus we hadn't expected. We all liked our rooms and had asked for a connecting room to us which worked really well. the selection of food at breakfast was great. This was our 7th trip to the UAE and we continue to go back for good weather, great hotels and good service. Unfortunately the service at the Viceroy was not good. The pool bar, the Atayeb and indeed at breakfast were all surprisingly poor. Food was missing from orders, drinks confused or not brought at all, we were ignored in the Atayeb after our initial order, we asked to sit outside at breakfast, there was no degree of assistance or help so we had to sit inside. My partner found a restaurant manager and finally a table was set for us. The staff made no effort to help us move cups etc nor even hold the door as we struggled. This may seem petty to many but this is a 5* hotel. I was going to raise it as we checked out but I wasn't asked if we had enjoyed our stay so decided Trip Advisor was a better vehicle for my feedback. It also transpired that there are strict rules about what areas children are allowed in the hotel and their alcohol drinking policy. One of the swimming pools is for adults only, children are not allowed in the hotel bars, drinking seems to be restricted to 21 in some-areas but not others. We seem to blunder through our stay being asked to leave some amenities after having been served beverages - all very embarrassing! The hotel would know ages etc on arrival so it would be a nice 'service' to inform guests of house rules!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Kirsty M,

Thank you for posting your detailed review of Yas Viceroy.

I am of course very concerned to read some of your feedback and I will review this with our team. The lack of follow up and simple assistance with service that you described is not what our hotel is known for and I will ensure that we improve on this.

I would very much appreciate it if you could contact me via yas.info@viceroyhotelsandresorts.com so that I can provide a great experience on your next visit.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Yas Island offre attrattive come il Ferrari World e il Water Park. L'Hotel Yas Viceroy è un ottimo hotel incastonato nel Yas Circuit, dove si svolge il granpremio di F1, e il porto turistico Yas Marina. Lo consiglio per un weekend perchè si trova a 40 min da Abu Dhabi e 1h e 30 min da Dubai, quindi se si vuole visitare le due città meglio un albergo in centro città.

All'interno dell'hotel ci sono vari ristoranti, vi consiglio "Origins" quello a buffet, costo di una cena circa 50 euro.

Un ringraziamento speciale va ad Hossain, cameriere del ristorante Origins, per la sua professionalità, riservatezza e gentilezza, grazie.

Yas Island offers attractions such as Ferrari World and the Water Park. The Yas Viceroy Hotel is a great hotel set in Yas Circuit, where every year there is a F1 GranPrix, and Yas Marina Turistic Port. I recommend it for a weekend because it is located 40 minutes from Abu Dhabi and 1h 30 min from Dubai, so, if you want to visit one city is better to book an hotel in the city center.

Inside the hotel there are several restaurants, I recommend "Origins" that buffet dinner cost about 50 Euros.

A special thanks goes to Hossain, Origins restaurant waiter, for his professionality, discretion and kindness, thank you.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2014

If I could give the staff more than 5 stars I would! EVERY ONE was delightful and thoughtful.
It was a joy to stay at this beautiful hotel.
Beautiful rooms and facilities.
I loved the "extras" at the pool (ice blocks and fresh juice).
Totally recommend!