“Dream”

Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi
Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I love it amazing hotel great service we stayed with family everything was fantastic reception staff in the restaurant was perfectly educated. Thank you very much for great weekend Unbelievable will be back soon wonderful

• Stayed: April 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (3,318)

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed here because I love F1 and wanted to be close to Ferrari World and stay in the worlds only circuit hotel. For a 5 star plus hotel, I found was the staff were below standard. Although the staff were friendly, most staff were slow and lazy, either that or they were not trained well.

An example is when I checked out, one of the front staff took my baggage ID to get my luggage that I had brought down from my room, and then just walked off, then stood behind the front desk again as if nothing had happened. So then after 10 mins I had to follow up where my luggage was with someone else (and without my luggage token). There were a few staff that were great, but most were poor and inattentive.

Still give it a very good rating because it is an impressive hotel, but if it were any other hotel without an F1 circuit going through it, I wouldn't recommend it.

Room Tip: Marina rooms cost more, but I moved to a room facing the circuit above the bridge that goes over the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Alex Y
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

stayed at the Viceroy for three nights. The first impression was dubious. I had booked and paid for a double room (king size) and when I checked in I was informed that only twin rooms were available. That was not what I had in mind so I asked how long the wait would be. 2-3 hours I was informed. Reluctantly I said I'd it was okay, that I would wait. When they realized that I would not go for a twin they suddenly had a room for me. Say what?

Okay, about the room. The room itself was very good and the TV channels more than acceptable and free of charge. Another plus was the free Wifi. A lot of hotels squeeze their visitors on this aspects and kudos to Viceroy for not doing so.

Cleanliness...

I stayed at the hotel for three nights and I didn't get cleaning ONCE. The first day I assumed a mistake had happened and I am a reasonable guy so I didn't complain. Then the second day came and I arrive at the hotel way past midnight. The cleaning had not been done and I found a note that stated that I had put up the sign for privacy... which was not true at all! I went to bed and checked out the following day.

On a separate note the Gym is quite all right.

Altogether not impressed at all!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank avazig
YasViceroy, Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear avazig,

Thank you for taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am sorry to read that our services did not meet your expectations. I am reviewing your comments with the team - in particular the issue of the twin room on arrival as well as the "do not disturb" sign.

Your note about the cleaning service is of course very concerning and I will ensure that we follow up in a better manner in future.

I do hope that you will visit us again in the not too distant future and please feel free to contact me directly via yas.info@viceroyhotelsandresorts.com.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Had a great stay here, ended up spending 1 week here and got very well looked after. Loved the food in the lebanese restaurant, and the breakfast was awesome. Look forward to my next visit during the F1.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Aff_Rallare,

Thank you for your brief notes about Yas Viceroy on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us - especially our Atayeb restaurant. I will share your comments with the team as a means of motivation.

If you require any assistance regarding your booking for the race weekend (as mentioned in your review), please email us directly via yas.info@viceroyhotelsandresorts.com.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Its a beautiful hotel and everything was perfect.. The pool is one of the nicest ones and I my 2 year old had great fun in the splash pool. It is a great hotel.. The rooms are big and airy.. The food is excellent..Nothing to complain

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2014

For a five stars hotel is probably not the best in Abu Dhabi,
Unless you are looking for the attractions of Yas Island or you need to sleep near the airport
the hotel is a little bit far away from the fantastics beach of Saadyt and the good restaurants of Abu Dhabi but......
at least one night you must try this unique hotel that give you the idea of sleeping on the moon for
the design and the lights system.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed at the Yas Viceroy whilst I was attending the Rihanna concert in November. Although they were booked at full capacity at the time, the hotel staff were very friendly, everything was perfect.

I dined in the Japanese restaurant (not my first time) but I have to absolutely say that it is one of the best Japanese restaurants in the GCC.

Room service was great, they agreed to late checkout. Everything arrived on time and the service was impeccable. BRAVO!

Room Tip: All the rooms are super spacious!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear TravelingMermaid23,

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly share your feedback with the team as a means of motivation.

It is great to read that you enjoyed our Kazu Restaurant to a great extent - we hope that you will be back soon.