“Great weekend getaway. Beautiful modern design”

Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi
Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great weekend getaway. Beautiful modern design”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Modern architecture and design is very impressive. The rooms are spacious and we had a great marina view. The checkin staff was very efficient and didn't make us wait long.
We used our Entertainer voucher to get the second night complimentary and it worked out to be a great offer.
The hotel has 2 pools. One is connected to the restaurant that serves shisha and drinks and has comfortable a beds for seating overlooking the tracks. We heard that on Tuesdays, they open the tracks and you see people running and cycling. Unfortunately we didn't get to see that. There's also a Skylite lounge bar, very chilled. The calamari and chicken wings were delicious.

We also visited the Club Rush that sits on the tracks. It was a Saturday and it was decently crowded.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TeenaTT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (699)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 21 April 2014

In fact i am regular customer of this hotel, i have been there more than 5 times.
Lets start by good things. Great breakfast, best brunch ever, big room with nice view of marina or F1. Closed to ferrari world and water world. The stuff are so friendly.
Bad things are: you almost all the day suffer from F1 cars and plane, since its closed to airport. Check out time is a nightmare, all stuff busy. Thats all! But at the end i would recommend this hotel. Compare to other hotels in Yas Island this is the best.

Room Tip: Great breakfast,spa and location
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mohajerani
Modena
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We are here at the moment but we are disappointed about what happened yesterday when we arrived. We booked a Marina Suite 3 months ago and when we arrived they told us that this wasn't available due to technical problems (obviously they don't have only one) and they downgraded us to a Yas Suite for the same price!!! I was astonished and we went to the room...When we arrived we found the suite dirty, with a bad smell and not clean at all. I asked to,speak with the general manager but this wasn't possible anyway after an hour of complaining they gave us the suite we booked but without any word of excuse for the terrible behaviour. Moreover also the cleanliness of this suite was really poor, we found a handkerchief in the bathroom and dust everywhere but at this point we were too tired to complain again. The breakfast is ok but the quality of food isn't particularly high. The hotel itself is nice but what happened has been really disappointing

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank babbss
YasViceroy, Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear babbss,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and it was a pleasure to speak with you here at the hotel a short while ago. I, once again, would like to sincerely apologize for this disappointing start of your stay with us.

It is my understanding that we have now resolved your concerns and I will share this with our team so that we can ensure a wonderful time for the remainder of your stay with Yas Viceroy.

Sincerely yours,

Oliver Bruns
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Excellent friendly staff, room was second to none (upgraded to suite) Adult pool was as relaxing as it gets. Alcohol not to expensive either, would look to stay again. Breakfast was inlcuded and you were spoilt for choice

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I decided to stay here to treat my sister & her family when I visited in April 2014. I had a $300 travel voucher through my credit card which I decided to use here. I paid about $350 for a 1 night stay for 3 adults with breakfast included.
I was in a double deluxe room, the room was very spacious, it was big enough to be considered a suite. We were on the third floor and had a balcony. When I stepped out I had a view of both the racetrack and the marina! It was amazing. In the morning I woke up and looked outside to see race cars speeding by!
We used their family pool which is very nice and heated! It was a rooftop pool, very cool :)
We decided to stay at the hotel and try the Indian restaurant, Angar. It was beautiful, the food was delicious and the staff was very attentive!
The morning breakfast was great. It was a huge breakfast buffet with just about everything you can imagine.
The only downside was that when I checked in the front desk staff told me I had not paid yet, which I did, through my credit card rewards, but he said I can check in and go to my room and he'd call me. I didn't get a call, the next morning when I was checking out the front desk woman asked me to pay for the room again! I was so annoyed and told her I had already paid. It took 15-20 mins before she got confirmation that I had already paid. No apology.
But other than the front desk, the hotel is amazing!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room to get both the marina and the racetrack. I think I was in room 1345?
1 Thank heytravelbug
YasViceroy, Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear heytravelbug,

Thank you for taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us overall. I will share your feedback with the team as a means of motivation.

Your note about the front desk situation is of course very concerning and I will ensure that we follow up in a better manner in future.

It is wonderful to hear that you felt our colleagues, especially at our Angar restaurant took great care of you and your family and that you enjoyed the delicious Indian dishes.

I hope that you will visit us again soon.

Kind regards,

Oliver Bruns
Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Last week I been there with my family for celebrating my wife's birthday.

The hotel is wonderful.Excellent grid shell light system.I have never seen before.

There are many restaurants.Kazu,Amici.....some other restaurants as well.Those people like Italian or Japanese food..I would like to recommend to go this hotel & dine over there

Hotel staffs are very friendly and helpful.Specially in the Yas lounge there is one staff his name is "Shahjalal"wonderful +helpful+good attitude.If I come back again than its all because of him.I wish his success.Thank you

Room Tip: yas grand suit or even deluxe rooms also standard
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

This is the best hotel I have ever stayed at.

Rooms are amazing with views of the F1 track from balcony - cars come past your window!

Roof bar was spectacular - open air but in door with the lights on the exterior changing colour - perfect for sipping a cocktail.

The staff do not say no to anything, just call from room and they will bring within minutes e.g iPhone charger in my case.

Stereo speakers in the ceiling of the room.

This hotel is true UAE in that everything was ultra-high end from rooms to entertainment to service - all far far in excess of expectation.

• Stayed March 2014