“WOW!”

Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Spent last week at this amazing hotel. Room was so comfortable with view over the marina and track and we were able to see Porsches racing there on Friday evening. Everything was spotless. The food is so good especially the Italian restaurant. It was the best Italian food I have ever tasted and although I did not choose a started the chef gave me melt in the mouth ravioli to eat while my friends ate their course. You can see the food being prepared and all the staff are so friendly and kind. The chef even walked me out to the track to watch the racing. The pool staff are great too. All of them were helpful and friendly and when I arrived at the pool after a shopping trip and my husband was at Ferrari World they all asked me where he was and if he was ok!!!! The Skyelite bar was an experience and watching the sunset from up there and the lights come on is a must. We ate in the buffet and the food was excellent and the choice was very good indeed. The staff suggested three shopping malls and we chose the Galleria and were pleased we did. Worth a visit or two. But the shining star at this hotel is Harshi. So kind and helpful and friendly - she showed us all sorts of choices in the Indian restaurant and then came to say hello when I was asked to wait in an alternative area to the breakfast buffet room because it was so busy. I was given coffee while I waited to find out where my friends were and when they were found on the terrace she came with me and greeted my friends and another member of staff brought my coffee on a tray. I felt like royalty. Harshi should get employee of the decade award. Really loved my stay at this hotel and I would recommend it to anyone who loves motor racing. Yes you can hear cars some of the time and any petrol head will love that as it adds to the atmosphere. I cannot imagine what race weekend is like when F1 happens but when I was there is was fantastic. On Tuesdays you can cycle walk or run the circuit and that is a great experience too. And they encourage you to look around and ask questions. GO!

Room Tip: Floor 3 was good and don't be afraid to ask for a view. The track goes around and under the hote...
1  Thank susan b
YasViceroy, General Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear susan b,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback. We are happy to read you had a memorable stay with us and your restaurant experience was up to your satisfaction.

Harshi is delighted to hear your compliments about her seamless service.

It was a pleasure to read your lovely review and to hear your nice comments regarding the sunset in our Skylite bar and the amazing view over the Marina and the race track as well as your notes concerning our helpful and friendly staff.

We eagerly look forward to welcoming you again for another opportunity to deliver flawless and bespoke service in the near future.

Andrew Humphries

Write a ReviewReviews (3,251)

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We had an overnight layover and the Yas Viceroy was an ideal spot to spend the night. 10 minutes from the airport, the rooms are very spacious and comfortable and the modern feel of the hotel is fun when staying in such a new city. There are plenty of choices for dining and drinks and we enjoyed a light dinner at the rooftop restaurant. The club doesn't get going until after midnight so didn't make it there. One concern that others mention is the noise factor. We left early so didn't hear the track during the day, but there was a concert that night that went until midnight making it hard to go to bed early if that is what you were looking for.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear bettinacis,

It was a pleasure to have you with us for your most recent visit to Abu Dhabi and we are glad to hear that you and your partner enjoyed the design of Yas Viceroy and the delicious food on our rooftop restaurant.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused regarding the noise disturbance resounding from the du arena, which is indeed very unpleasant.

Please feel free to contact me directly via yas.info@viceroyhotelsandresorts.com for any further reservation, so we can check if there is any concert scheduled during your preferred booking time.

I do hope that you will visit us again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed there as we took part in a seminar. Food was fantastic, drinks kept flowing then to the rooftop bar. This is a place you must stay at. The rooms were perfect and had a great view of the racetrack. I'd hate to know the cost for gran prix weekend.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank safetyservices75

Dear safetyservices75,

Thank you for taking the time to post your short lovely review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay during your seminar.

We look forward to your return for more delicious drinks at our Skylite Lounge!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We have bought the Monte Carlo special deal that Viceroy was offering for the Sasha event (one night stay+2 VIP tickets). On the night of the event, we went to the concierge to pick up the tickets. Surprisingly, not only the tickets were not there, NO ONE was aware of the Monte Carlo/viceroy deal in the first place! Of course, we had to pull out the reservation email to prove our point and this is where it all started: 40min of ridiculous fights and useless phone calls amongst employees, the GM lecturing the team about being proactive and us getting frustrated...We had to witness the entire internal negotiations for some time until the manager figured out the solution (that we, of course, proposed 40min earlier) and placed our names at the venue main gate.
But believe me this was nothing compared to the 30 min wait/confusion at the check-in, the 9:00am door knock by cleaners, the 9:30am door bell for 'i need to check the mini-bar' by...
And to top it all, when we asked the concierge for the nearest sushi place, his answer was 'there are none in Yas.' 5min later we were having sushi across the street from the hotel, at the famous Yacht Club :)

3  Thank Evita_blue
YasViceroy, General Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Evita_blue,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are very disappointed to read your posting. Please be assured that we have fully reviewed our procedures in order to ensure that such a situation does not reoccur.

I do hope that you will still consider us for any future visit and please feel free to contact me directly via yas.info@viceroyhotelsandresorts.com so that I can assist personally.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I have to rave about the Yas Viceroy hotel. Not only was the hotel itself fantastic, but the staff was just as amazing. What a pleasure to stay here. The hotel was lovely. The architecture was one of a kind, the room was spotless, the food was yummy. It's very hard to fault this hotel. I've stayed at many five star hotels in 26 countries and this is one of the top 10 hotels I've ever stayed at!

We stayed in the 7th floor suite. The bathroom was gorgeous. The tub was huge! It had two spotless bathrooms. Good water pressure in the rain shower. The view from our massive balcony was nice. The pool was one of a kind.

This is my first time in the UAE and we decided to stay in several hotels in both Dubai and Abu Dhabi. In Dubai we stayed at the Burj Al Arab (one night only :) and the Bonnington Tower. In Abu Dhabi, we stated at the Emirates Palace and Yas Viceroy. Although I loved all of the places we stayed at, I thought that the Yas Viceroy had exceptional service compared to the others. Love love love this hotel, I can't say enough good things about it. I'll definitely be back :)

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank kitkatkay00
YasViceroy, General Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear kitkatkay00,

Thank you for posting this wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

It is certainly a pleasure and makes us proud to have delivered a true Yas Viceroy experience.

We are thrilled to read your notes regarding the amazing room, the architecture, the delicious food and our friendly and attentive staff. It is indeed a delight that everything was perfect und up to your satisfaction.

Hoping to see you back at Yas Viceroy in the near future.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I can honestly say the Yas Viceroy is truly a 5 star experience. The rooms are beautiful and have great views over the GP circuit. The rooftop 'quiet' pool for adults only and the skylite bar are superb too. Where this hotel really wins is the staff. Everyone was bright and friendly and genuinely happy to talk to you and they could not do enough to help. I wholeheartedly recommend it, particularly if you are a petrolhead, which I'm not by the way.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor. Nicely situated and close to everything.
1  Thank fransmiff
YasViceroy, General Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear fransmiff,

Thank you for taking time to write your kind feedback. It is very encouraging to read comments like yours and I will share it with the whole team as means of motivation.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Writing this on my last day at the Viceroy. We've been here for a week and it's been just brilliant. It's on Yas Island and also literally on the F1 circuit. You don't need to be an F1 fan but if you are you'll be in heaven.

There are two wings - the main building and the Marina wing. Stay in the main building - it's closer to everything. The rooms are huge, and have all of the latest gadgets. There are two rooftop pools - one for adults only and one for families. The views are amazing.

There are also several restaurants - lots of choice and the food is great. The breakfasts are really good - massive buffet with everything you could want. Prices are a little on the high side - especially the price of wine!

The staff are all very friendly and very efficient.

If you stay here, some of the things you must do:
- On Tuesday nights, you can run/walk/ride around the F1 circuit free of charge. Get there for around 5.30pm and register for one of the free loan bikes.
- Also at the F1 circuit you can have various track experiences; eg. in an Aston Martin or Formula 3000. My sons did this and it was well worth it - a great day out.
- The Grand Mosque is amazing.
- The view from Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi town is worth the cost. Get a Big Red Bus tour and you get in for half-price.
- The Water Park - best water park in the world. Great day out.

We'll be coming back - a great location, fantastic staff, good food, great rooms.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building (not the Marina wing) - it's much closer to everything. But avoid the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SG999

Dear SG999,

Thank you for sharing your lovely experience on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our facilities to the fullest, the amazing room with it's awesome view, the marvelous restaurants, sporting activity Tuesdays on the F1 track and our friendly and attentive staff.

We eagerly look forward to welcoming you again in the near future for another memorable experience.