“In the fast lane!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
wiltshire
“In the fast lane!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

A fabulous modern hotel who have got it right. Very polite, helpful staff. Modern furnishings throughout all matched to the F1 theme. Best brunch in whole of AD in my opinion. Extremely helpful staff...my dress zip broke. Within 2 hours I has been measured fir a new one, dress taken to on-site tailor. Dressed fixed and bought back to me. Skylight bar on rooftop can get very hot (even with fans going) but is always good fun. Again, happy, helpful staff. Always greet you with a smile and always ready to serve you. Ladies night on a Weds, fabulous value for money as long as long as the bar tender remembers to put alcohol in the cocktails. Adults only pool fantastic location/view. Family pool gets very busy and noisy. Rooms are all spotless and furnished to a high level. Excellent soundproofing, can't hear the track!

Room Tip: Marina wing if adult only
1 Thank abbie15
YasViceroy, General Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear abbie15,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write this review.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, highlighting the friendliness of our colleagues, the modern design, our fabulous Friday brunch, the pool area. the atmosphere at our Skylite bar and the outstanding rooms.

We pride ourselves in the dedication of our team who always aims to exceed the expectations of our guests and we are glad to know that so many aspects of Yas Viceroy impressed you.

It does sound like you will be back soon and the entire team looks forward to welcome you back for another unforgettable experience.

Regional Vice President & General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (669)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Port Louis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for 2 days for my upcoming honeymoon in August. I am staying at a few hotels on my honeymoon and all of them gave free special turndown with flowers for honeymooners except this hotel. When I asked if I could have the room nicely made because it is for honeymoon, they told me it would cost AED300 or if I want more flowers in the room it will be AED400. This the first time I hear this. Most hotels I know and heard from friends give extra attention to honeymooners because they know it is a special time. Feeling disappointed with this hotel already.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Haj296
Dear Haj296,

Thank you for considering Yas Viceroy for your honeymoon stay.

Yes, we do charge for special flower arrangements. My apologies that our service did not satisfy your needs.

Our Front Office Team has noted the special occasion of your stay and the entire team is aware of it.

We will do our best to deliver a true Yas Viceroy experience and make your honeymoon a memorable one.

We look forward to your arrival in August and will greet you with a very warm welcome.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I spent a week here with my wife for our honeymoon and it was great. Good service, amazing building, great city and not to mention fantastic staff like, Niazy (Front office manager), Daniel (doorman) and Alwin (conceirge)... I would definitely recommend the hotel

Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your last stay with us.

We are so proud to have been part of your honeymoon trip to Abu Dhabi and it was a pleasure to welcome you at Yas Viceroy.

Thank you for your lovely comment about the services rendered by our team members which has been passed on to them.

We are also proud of them for ensuring that every guest feels cared for, valued and respected – that is our brand promise.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Yas Viceroy again for your first anniversary.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed here via the Etihad two-for-one-offer and this place did not disappoint! Rooms were huge and in-room facilities were amazing. A couple of nice bars inside the hotel and the restaurants are great! Staff are helpful and very friendly! The hotel is close to the airport and all the attractions on Yas Island.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank lob007aus
Dear lob007aus,

Thank you very much for choosing Yas Viceroy and being our guest.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us.

Your feedback is very important for us in the future.

We look forward to welcome you back soon!

Covina, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife and I spent 2 nights at this hotel last week. We really liked all aspects at this hotel from the time we checked in until our checkout.

The staff was extremely polite, courteous, helpful and went out of their way to make certain they fully complied with our needs. They always addressed by your name to give it a personal touch - not sure how everyone knew our names!

The room was quite spacious with a very comfortable King bed and a separate sitting area all well decorated with a lot of high tech gadgets including free wifi, etc. The bathroom was also spacious and very clean.

This definitely is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in (we travel around a lot) and have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone who likes quality!

1 Thank SheltonDesilva
Dear SheltonDesilva,

Thank you for your positive review and for your kind words of praise about the team. We are indeed pleased to read that you truly enjoyed your stay at Yas Viceroy.

We eagerly look forward to your return in the near future for another memorable experience.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I'd seen the Yas Viceroy multiple times whilst watching the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on TV but never thought that I would get the chance to stay in it. However, its proximity to the airport and reasonable rates compared to other hotels like the Etihad Towers meant I booked in for 2 nights towards the end of June.

The hotel is everything you'd expect from a 5*. Everything from the corridors to the air conditioning is extremely modern and sleek and the staff were friendly and attentive. There were only a few minor things which stopped me from rating it 5* myself - for example, we returned on our Tuesday evening to discover that our room had not been cleaned. Given that we had been participating in the Track Day (see below) in the evening heat and were keen to shower, the lack of towels delayed us. In fairness, this was quickly resolved by a phone call to housekeeping.

As I hinted at above, it is possible to walk / run / cycle round the Yas Marina circuit on Tuesday evenings from 6-9. Google 'TrainYas by Active Life'. The Yas Express minibus is an excellent (and free) means of getting from the hotel to the track. If you are interested, contact the hotel concierge. The receptionist I spoke to seemed unsure of what I was talking about.

All in all, a very pleasant trip. I'm looking forward to watching this year's Grand Prix having visited!

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies in the Marina Wing have an obstructed view because of the external cladding - I...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Indigo91
Dear Indigo91,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your review on TripAdvisor.com.

I have noted that some points did not meet your expectations. The satisfaction of our guests is a matter close to the heart of every colleague and we appreciate the honesty and attentiveness of guests like you who take the time to bring mistakes to our attention and give us the chance to improve our service in the future.

On behalf of the entire team I would like to sincerely apologize.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us despite the mentioned issues and I am certain that your experience with us next time will be seamless in every aspect to deserve the fifth star.
We would welcome the chance to have you stay with us again.

Regional Vice President & General Manage
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

The hotel it self was very nice, we only spent the night as it was a stop over. So we can't really comment on its location apart from its close to the airport and right on the marina.
Rooms were large and very comfortable. Large selection of English channels.
The in room dining was very expensive some of it was great n some not so great. Either way over priced.
I'd stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Beached-Taco
Dear Gembaz2014,

Thank you for your feedback and for your kind words of appreciation about our comfortable rooms and the location.

Your comment on our pricing is much appreciated and we will review this in order to ensure we remain competitive in our market place.

It would be an absolute pleasure to welcome you back to Yas Viceroy.

Regional Vice President & General Manage