“Best hotel I have been too”

Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi
Ranked #5 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Chapel-en-le-Frith, United Kingdom
“Best hotel I have been too”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Without a doubt the best hotel I have stayed. We stayed for 2 nights with the first day been a circuit tour followed by brunch in the hotel which was outstanding and the second evening in the Japanese restaurant which was incredible. Looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Colin B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (704)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I m staying for 3 days and i hav 3 rooms and as soon as i arrived i knew tht this is gonna b somthing special and wen it pabbed out v came at our 4pm check in time but up until 5 they didnt hav rooms i asked them for an upgrade they were abrupt in saying noo, i cant seem to understand y is it my fault if my tooms rnt ready i made the reservation @ mnth ago and finally wen they did they were apart... Neways at nite i ordered drinks and tht order arrived 30 mins after it was supposed to and wen i reordered the tine only increased.... The staff only blamed it on each other the manager of in room dining came to c me with som kind of a call list telling me tht the orders ariived within 15 mins but this is not wht u doo u never tell customers that they r rong.... Neways i loves the rooms but the staff and service needs to improve

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
YasViceroy, General Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Ammar A,

It is disappointing that we did not leave you with much fonder memories of our hotel as we are passionate about our guests.

Your constructive feedback is much appreciated and I would like to assure you that I will review this with our team in order to avoid such from occurring again in the future, thank you for your honesty.

Please consider us again during your next trip to Abu Dhabi. I am confident the next time with us, every aspect you described will deliver the Viceroy memorable touch.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I love love love this hotel. I stay here at every opportunity. How many places can you wake up to views of the world class Grand Prix track and on some days watch high performance cars race by at breakfast? As soon as I come off the road and onto the private bridge over the track to the hotel, I get excited. This place rocks. The architecture is awesome and when the whole hotel is lit at nights, it is just breathtaking. It is funky, high tech and ultra modern. Suppose I should mention the rooms ;-) spacious with huge windows and balconies. Aerodynamic designer furniture and touch button features. Staff are really friendly and make a big effort to make your stay pleasurable. The brunch has to be the best in Abu Dhabi including both white and dark chocolate fountains. It's not on a beach because it's on a race track but there is a huge family pool on the roof of one wing and an adult pool, on the other. The beach is close by too. Night clubs and many restaurants are on site and the most amazing spa. For families, Yas water world is unbelievable along with Ferrari world and only minutes away. I can't rate this hotel highly enough. Just wish I could afford to live here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Once you arrive at Yas Viceroy you will immediately know it is something different from all around it. The structure, layout, rooms and all other things speak of luxury. Though I selected the more premium rooms near the race track it is not recommended if you are looking for a relaxed and quieter stay at the Hotel. The noise is unbearable and goes on till almost midnight. The restaurant is good with a great spread. However I personally didn't have a great experience at the Bar on the Top Level. The security at the entrance was asking for all the passports in original which was not with me. He refused to let us in until I complained to the Manager who apologized for the situation and compensated. I am sure this will not be an issue with everyone. It is ideally located on the Island very near to Ferrari World and Ikea. My Kids enjoyed the stay and you must not miss the view of the hotel at night. Good Photography opportunity at night.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the race track if you want to sleep
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
YasViceroy, General Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear PinakiBanerjee,

Thank you for staying with us at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi and for sharing your experience on this forum.

It is great to read that you enjoyed the luxury rooms, the dining opportunities, the unique design (especially the lights at night) and the location near Ferrari World and Yas Waterworld.

I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience regarding to the noise disturbance as well as to our entrance policy at Rush Bar. We are obliged, by UAE law, to check the original IDs to as under age consumption of alcohol is strictly forbiudden.

On the note of the race track noise, please be advised that the race track is not managed by us and therefore I can unfortunately not guarantee that there won’t be any noise. Noise levels from the race track depend on the type of car being used – some of them being fast road cars (which are not at all as noisy) and others being professional race cars, in which case they can be rather noisy…such as the amazing F1 cars.
If you would like to visit us again please do not hesitate to contact me via yas.info@viceoryhotelsandresorts.com and I will clarify if there is any activity scheduled on the race track over the dates of your next stay.

Thank you again for staying with us, the entire team looks forward to welcome you back to Yas Viceroy.

Maitland, Florida
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This hotel was insane ! We stayed there for our 18hours layover to Kathmandu. Great beautiful and interesting place ! Highly recommend for an out of the ordinary experience . Rooms were great and the staff was professional

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SOphie33333
Dear SOphie33333,

Thank you for visiting Yas Viceroy and being our guest.

We are indeed a great layover hotel, as we are so close to the airport and right next lots of activity, SPA and dining options. We are also ideal for a week day stay if you are in Abu Dhabi for a convention, business or sightseeing.

Thank you for the mention of our spacious rooms and our professional staff.
Please come back soon!

Alexandria, Egypt
Reviewed 11 August 2014

i travailed to the uae to attend the metallica concert the hotel is more than great its the best experience i had in a hotel in my life the service is more than perfect and the rooms are clean and very elegant it was great

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Samehmohamed2014
Dear Samehmohamed2014,

Thank you for posting your review in regards to your recent stay.

I am delighted you enjoyed you visit and thank you for highlighting the perfect service and the room cleanliness.

We look forward to seeing you again, maybe for another unique concert on Yas Island.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

i really hated this hotel its not resort you should go to the beach by bus and the beach close at 7PM pool too and its far away from everything and the food is so expensive and the rooms toilets have a really bad design you can be privet in it btw from the hotel to Abu dhabi downtown cost 60AED so if u want to go to this hotel you should be new married or you should only stay at it for 3 days only
and another thing the bool is so small and the rooms are so small

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank SalehAlshuail1
Dear SalehAlshuail1,

Thank you for staying with us and for giving us your feedback.

We are passionate about our guests, our hotel and I can assure you that we appreciate and value your thoughts.

In terms of the amenities and the location, all the points you mention are correct and while our location is not city centre, many of our guests find this to be an advantage, but I do understand your concern if you were looking for more of a ‘city centre’ experience. At the same time, we are not a resort hotel, in spite of our varied amenities and the great attractions close by.

Thank you for recommending us to honeymooners!

My sincerest apologies that we did not meet your expectations.