“Great value for money”
Review of Yas Island Rotana

Yas Island Rotana
Ranked #48 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I chose this hotel on the back of some postive reviews and felt compelled to add my own. Overall this hotel was very, very good and offered tremendous value for money. I travelled alone with a 6 month baby and was a little anxious my stay would go smoothly - it did!
Service was efficient and very friendly, food (I ordered room service twice) was delicious and beautifully presented. The room was spacious and spotlessly clean, with a large bathroom and comfortable seating area. The bed was also really comfortable - I am used to not sleeping well in hotels because I'm a bad sleeper and hate 'hotel' mattresses, but this was one of the most comfy ones I come across.
Other than outside noise, there was no noise whatsoever from either the corridor or the surrounding rooms. I was especially pleased with problem-solving: when the inital room I was offered turned out to have been smoked in (although it was a non-smoking room), when I contacted reception I was given a replacment immediately without quibble or delay.
Cons: I could hear some noise from the F1 track outside but not enough to be an issue and I had ear plugs so it realy wasn't a problem. Can't comment on the restaurants or pool as I didn't use them, but overall I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 541munnar
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you for your review and your kind words about the product, the food and the employees of the hotel. We look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Yas Island Rotana

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Comfortable Rooms, actually nicely laid out rooms. Good Bathroom, good WiFi, plenty of drawers & bench/desk top space, comfortable bed.
Breakfast had a good selection, 2 other specialty restaurants, and the generic restaurant, plus the Y Bar suggest there is enough choice.
In general, was very convenient for where I needed to work, and provided all the connectivity & work space I needed. The staff were very responsive.

Room Tip: I had a room facing the pool & the F-1 track, was good ... I don't know about the other room...

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I had earlier discovered Yas Island Rotana through business conferences and fell in love with the place. Having secured tickets to The Eagles concert in Dubai for April12th, 2012, my fiancee and I decided against the hustle and bustle of Dubai hotels in favour of Yas Island Rotana, a mere one hour drive to and from the concert venue. Had a perfect Vodkatini nightcap at the y-Bar after the concert, and a scrumptious brunch in the poolside coffee shop the next morning. For our last evening we elected TV and Room Service. The menu read "prawns", but they were more like lobsters! So delicious, with a goat cheese plum sauce salad, mushrooms on the side, fresh rolls and washed down with Jacobs Creek Merlot. Perfect!
— at Room 215 on April 13th 2012. See the photo below.

Room Tip: The premium rooms are poolside and each has a little balcony. That solves the Smoking vs. Non-Smokin...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

thank you for your review and your kind words about the product and the food. We look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

I hadn't expected much prior to my visit to the Yas Island Rotana, but the place kept impressing me. It's clean and offers many exceptional choices for dining. The staff however, is the most valuable quality of this establishment - they are without a doubt world class - the best. It was worth double what I paid - exceptional.

Room Tip: The food here is fantastic - shi sha at the crowne plaza next door
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Reviewed 21 April 2012

Yas Island is just a little over an hour from Dubai (Marina, Springs/Meadows, JBR, JLT) so it was so close for us. It sure beats driving into Abu Dhabi. It is a beautiful 'new' island so aside from Ferrari World and the Yas Marina Circuit (racing, etc.)...oh, and the wonderful new IKEA store, there isn't a whole lot there but will be soon. We saw a water park under construction...and what I think was a golf course (finished?).

It was a 'good' quiet for us!
If you are flying in, Abu Dhabi is sooo close and Dubai isnt far away...its the perfect spot for the best of both. Also, the must-see Grand Mosque is super-close.

My husband was there for a business conference for a couple of days so we tagged along for a little fun and R&R (my 2-year-old & I) getaway from home.

Ok, we had a little fiasco at check-in but the rest of our stay certainly made up for it. It would be silly to let ONE persons ignorance (ok...2) get in the way of the superb service & friendliness we got from evvvveryyyone else there. Also, I got a personal call from management about our little run-in within 24-hours of checking out...anyway, our issue was quickly resolved by another employee who was so quick to jump in and save-the-day! She went above & beyond her call-of-duty to help us.

I was first put off by the staff's lack of knowledge about the hotel but once we got past check-in and settled in our room, it all seemed to change. My husband was busy with ongoing meetings, networking, and lunches...while my son & I took advantage of the great view of our room, fun shower, cartoons, pool & jacuzzi, lobby cafe with a candy bar, fab buffets, and the beautiful circle-drive stroll around all the surrounding hotels (all hotels on the island, except the Yas Hotel, are in one pocket within steps of one another). One staff grabbed my toddler by the hand and walked him outside to show us the playground, after getting his name & age etc...another offered him tiny mini bananas off the asian-nite buffet as we walked by it. That is nice personal service for a hotel anywhere. In fact, as we walked toward the lobby to check-out, he got loads of "Goodbye Oliver" salutes ;) Believe we were only there 2 nites??!!

The hotel is a decent size but the service made us feel like we were the only guests there. :)
The pool was a little chilly but so was the weather that day.
The buffets are worth the short drive from dubai, even if you aren't staying over.
Yes, there is a flight-path but it isn't at all annoying and our toddler loved to see the airplanes.
There is a nice small warm jacuzzi inside the quiet, cozy, dark, changing rooms...great for the gals who want to relax alone.
Plenty of other bars & restaurants (for variety) are just steps away (if you are on a longer stay).
Pack your favorite snacks as there is a mini-bar but no grocery or market on the island (that we could find).
Oh, and the beds are heavenly...look out Sheraton!

Thanks Yas Island Rotana...we will certainly see you again!

Room Tip: There are rooms with & without Balconies. Be sure to ask for your preference and as always, high...

Dear Guest,

thank you for your review and your kind words about the product, the food and the employees of the hotel. Nevertheless, your commnets regarding the check in have been addressed and taken under serious consideration.

We sincerely look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Rooms perfect, staff most helpful, arrived 8.00 am got a room immediately, leaving late the next day gave me room till 3.00 pm, no extra charge. Breakfast very good, choice of restaurants for dinner all excellent. We paid only €70 for the room only. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you for your review and your kind words about the product, the service and the employees of the hotel. We look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

If you want efficient, quick or competent check-in, I wouldn't stay here - ESPECIALLY not if there is an event on.

3 separate bookings, 3 separate checkins, the fastest was 25 minutes. Yes, you read that correctly! No, you don't want to know how long the longest took.... oh, okay. More than two hours!! And this was after normal checkin time, took 20 minutes of waiting and then they didn't have a room ready. They reassured us it would be cleaned in 15 minutes, we waited... no luck! In the end we went to the bar for a bit while they tried to find a clean room and the staff said they would come to get us. After a long wait, we went to the front desk again, as we needed a shower before dinner plans - another 15 minutes of struggling and finally a key. Once in the room, it stank of smoke despite our clear request for nonsmoking so we rang down again- 'Oh, if you want that it'll be another 2 hours'!!! The other checkins also encountered problems - booked twin, given a king bed to share etc.

The same problems were encountered at breakfast - order a cappucino, 30 minutes and 3 more requests later it MIGHT appear. Just not good enough when nearby hotels had far better service in their restaurants and reception.

When staying in the non-smoking room, the room was clean and I had no complaints with it. Plenty of complaints about the smoking room, but it had a good view of Ferrari World and Yas Circuit, and if I was a smoker there probably wouldn't have been a problem with the room. Buffet breakfast was included in my room rate and was reasonably good. Pool looked nice, although it got shut off for a function which would have been annoying if I wanted to use it at that time!

Location on Yas Island is great for the race circuit and Ferrari World, and convenient to the airport but a fair distance from the centre of Abu Dhabi so it will depend on your plans as to whether it is a good location or not. Frankly, having stayed at the Park Inn and Centro on Yas Island, and dined at the Yas Crowne Plaza, the other hotels on Yas Island are probably better choices than the Rotana if you are going to stay on Yas!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michelle B
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear Guest

we thank you for your review and appreciate your valuable feedback. We regret to hear that your stay with us was not as pleasant as we would have expected and be assured that all your points have been addressed and taken under serious consideration. Please let me know directly should we be of any further assistance. Furthermore, I sincerely hope that we would have the opportunity to welcoming you again in our hotel.