“Value for money”

Ranked #48 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Price - Acceptable esp against the amenities
Value for money
Their Bar is ok not great but fine for a drink if esp for business customers it ain't bad
It is a business location + Leisure not romantic book accordingly so is the case with other hotels in the vicinity
Decent service

Room Tip: Pool side view facing the Ferrari world!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you for your review and your kind words about the product. We were glad to hear that we have met your expectations and we hope to have the opportunity welcoming you back in the near future.

Email: eleni.tsolakou@rotana.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,820)

Reviewed 1 December 2012

I always stay at this hotel when in Abu Dhabi on business. The rooms are large and have a good size desk at which to work. The WiFi is great. Staff are pleasant and room service food is good.
It a shame that it's a 30 minute taxi ride to Abu Dhabi centre or the Marina mall.
Great views over the Grand Prix track. Good gym facilities.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank hazbaz1129

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the overall product and the service provided. We were delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we sincerely hope to have the opportunity welcoming you back with us.

Reviewed 21 November 2012

I stayed in a corner room on the 7th or 8th floor (sorry cant remember) in mid -October. It was a King room with views down the main road to Ferrari World and the Race Track. The room had been pre-booked the night before so when arriving at 6am I was able to access the room immediately. Reception did a good job of up-selling me to purchase the breakfast for my entire stay which saved me 50% over the day by day rate. Glad I did that.

The room and its facilities were excellent, everything functioned as it should and the air con settings responded to my inputs and requirements around the subtle change of temperature that can help get a good night's sleep. I haven't found this too often at many hotels. Its either full on hot or full on cold and most times I would just turn it off at night to avoid catching a cold. The small things mean a lot.

My three small refinements I would suggest
* I had to ask for new water every day. After the first time (over 7 days) I was hoping it would be noted somewhere and the water refreshed
* I had a turn down service on Day 1 but nothing after that - its a nice touch and if you do it once, please continue it
* I had to extend by 1 day and this took quite a long period of time. I was going to check out at 10pm, so I booked the extra day. the front office reception attendee refused to take the breakfast off the next morning and insisted I pay for it with my other breakfasts even if I was not using. Yes, it wasn't a lot of money, but it made sense from my perspective.

Now...the breakfasts.... Wow! the choice, the quality - my poor waistline! Its rare that I have 7 course breakfasts! lets just say, if you cant find something substantial here to eat for breakfast then you never will! Congrats to the F & B staff!

Pool area was excellent. Usual problem of a few selfish souls throwing down their towels and latest airport novel on the best large round double sunbeds and maybe turning up for an hour during the day when it suited them. Many hotels have innovative solutions here like little notes that say "Items will be removed 2 hours from x.00pm" and then removing them when the time is up.

I would suggest if your guests would like a taxi then you do don't direct them to the street as you don't permit metered taxi's to pick up at your front doors. Drop off is ok, but for pick up you have to walk to the street. I believe this may be an arrangement the hotel has with a private car company. It was quite off putting when travelling on business, carrying briefcases and presentations and told to take a walk from my 5 star hotel to the street to grab a cab. (the street is only 100 meters away, but in the heat - its about principle and service standards)

Overall, would stay again. I felt at home for that week in lovely surrounds. Thank you.

1  Thank AlphaVictor2
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2012

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your detayled yet kind review and we appreciate your valuable feedback. We were glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and your commnets for refinement will be treated with our outmost consideration.

Reviewed 14 November 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights after some long days working in the area.
The hotel is great, well appointed and has helpful staff.

The pool side bar closes at 6pm, so if you are hoping for a nice beer and a swim be sure to be there before 6, also the Steak restaurant requires you to ware trousers to dinner.

You will pay extra for a pool view room, which gets you a balcony, so it depends on how fussed you are about a view of the pool, also check to make sure breakfast is included (never sure why hotels just don't include it as standard).

This is a great hotel, rooms are to the normal high Rotana standards and the service was impeccable service.

Oh there are no lifts to the car park, so make sure you take your car to the valet rather than struggling up the stairs with your bags!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a pool view for a balcony, but you will pay extra for it
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2012

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the overall product and the service provided. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we sincerely hope to have the opportunity welcoming you back with us.

Reviewed 8 November 2012

I stayed at the Rotana from Oct 21, 2012 thru Nov 6 2012...This is an awesome hotel....everyone of the staff was curtious and helpful...The resturant, gym, pool, business center, receptions, and coffee shop etc provided outstanding service...the Hotel also provide a shuttle bus to and from the hotel to Abu Dubai (great bus driver)....I was very fortunate to see the Ferrari Formula one race during my stay for free. If you love to dance or just to socialize; there is a bar in the hotel with an outside patio, dance floor or you can just relax and enjoyed the surrounding view.

Thank you Rotana for making my stay memorable and enjoying..I definately will stay at the Rotana when every I returned to Yas Island...."Outstanding Hotel"..

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for staying with us at Yas Island Rotana and we appreciate your kind words regarding the service you have received, the product and your overall stay with us. I hope that we the Yas Island Rotana team would have the opportunity to welcoming you again in our hotel.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

We stayed at the Yas Rotana hotel for the 2012 F1 Grand Prix the hotel is fantastically located opposite the Yas circuit with excellent views of sections of the race circuit & Ferrari World in the distance! (Complimentary shuttle service is provided to & from he venue)The hotel staff are very friendly & professional exactly what you would expect from this part of the world! & there is a heavy security presence during Grand Prix time which fills you with re assurance. The choice of food in the choices restaurant is very extensive with other restaurants in the hotel which provide catering for everyone!

We will be re booking our stay with the Rotana for the 2013 F1 Grand Prix!

Room Tip: Fro views of the Yas marina Circuit book a room from the seventh to ninth floor which overlooks the...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for staying with us during the 2012 Grand Prix and for your kind words regarding the service you have received. We will be delighted welcoming you back for the 2013 Grand Prix and please let me know should you require further information.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

This hotel has pretty much everything you would expect for the price.
My room was clean, spacious, everything in good order.
The fancy Steak Restaurant had good food, though quite very pricey. The bar could do with a better choice of beer but was otherwise alright, too.
Unless you have business on Yas Island, you might want to consider going somewhere else. It is close to Abu Dhabi airport and the F1 race track, but otherwise miles away from anything else like downtown Abu Dhabi for instance.

1  Thank Suppiluliomas

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the food and the overall product. We are delighted to read that you will recomend the hotel and we sincerely hope to have the opportunity welcoming you back with us.