“It couldn't have been better!”
Review of Yas Island Rotana

Yas Island Rotana
Ranked #49 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Had a 2-night stay this past weekend and it truly was exceptional. From the moment we handed our car over for valet parking it was a smooth transition. We were welcomed in the lobby and made comfortable with an offer of coffee while we waited for our book in. Staff were extremely friendly and yet very efficient. Our room was spacious and spotlessly clean. But it didn't stop there. We had a wonderful offer of buffet dinner in Choices for half price by booking at check-in and my goodness what a treat that was, We had the opportunity to experience The Seafood Night and The Italian Night and we were spoilt for choice with all the food. The pool area wasn't particularly big but it was a delight. And if that wasn't food enough, there was a substantial breakfast to follow next morning. The scrambled egg was perfect! Thank you, Chef!! I will most certainly return to this hotel for it was not only great value for money but it was far and away one of the best Rotana Hotels I have stayed in.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor overlooking the pool and it was super.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Dear Pam I,

Thank you very much for your confidence and loyalty to Yas Island Rotana, it is always a pleasure to welcome you back.

We are touched by all your positive feedback, your comments certainly motivate the team and I will be sure to acknowledge the efforts of the Guest Services, Housekeeping, and the Choices restaurant teams.

Will you be visiting Abu Dhabi again soon? Be sure to check out some of the fantastic summer offers we have coming up. We will all be thrilled to welcome you and your family back to Yas Island Rotana.

Thanks again and best regards,

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Spent a night there last weekend, and was not really impressed.
I will start with the bad:
There was a huge queue at the check-in check-out counter, and had to wait about 20 minutes before my turn arrived.
The pool bar service was excruciatingly slow, although we were maybe 3 customers sitting there, I saw the staff (all 3 of them) mostly busy with sorting out bills and papers than looking at the bar to see if anyone needed a drink. (20 mn till I got one to see me and ask me for a drink)
The pool is built to the east of the main hotel building, which means by 3 PM no more sun! (some people might find this a good thing, but I don't)
Breakfast....Not sure how to describe this, but imagine you have (exaggerating here of course, but it looked almost the same) five thousand hungry persons that want to eat, and you can only seat a hundred. It was total chaos, and some clients were asked to go wait in their rooms, until some tables opened up.

Now for the good.

Had lunch at the pool restaurant, and I must admit that it was pretty good, and not too expensive.
Breakfast buffet, apart from the aforementioned chaos, had a nice big selection, and you could get almost everything you could ask for, but sadly no bacon or pork derivatives.
The staff overall, was really polite and helpful, always smiling (big plus for that!)
The rooms were beautiful and super clean (A+), with a nice view on the F1 race course.
Value for money overall is quite good compared to other outlets in the UAE.

To sum it up, I would gladly visit again, but probably not during peak season, since what I care for the most when choosing a hotel, is the state of the rooms, and the way the staff acts, both of which did not disappoint.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the F1 Circuit.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Charles_Gh,

Thank you very much for your recent visit to our hotel, and for taking the time to post a review with your feedback. Thanks to this, we are able to continuously improve our services and facilities.

It is unfortunate that you experienced some delay during your stay, we hope to come up with some solutions soon to address issues such as the ones you described. I appreciate very much as well your comments about the Pool Bar and I promise to look into the matter closely.

We are pleased that we were able to make it up to you with the quality of our food, the cleanliness of the room, and the friendliness of the team; I will certainly share your compliments with my colleagues.

We await your next visit to Yas Island, hoping it will be in the very near future. Thanks again for the feedback and best wishes,

Reviewed 6 May 2013

We arrived at rotana at 10am and where greeted very kindly by an army of front door staff. We proceeded to check in and that's when the confusion started, after we had made the booking we received an email giving us some upgrade options. We called reservations & they informed us that we would only be able to upgrade upon check in. When checking in we tried to take advantage of the upgrade offer only to be told no, no, no you have to upgrade online before your arrival. After a lengthy back & forth we managed to get the upgrade. Besides that the staff were extremely helpful and courteous at all times especially the cleaners. The food at choices restaurant was absolutely awesome for breakfast & dinner. The club rotana upgrade we got was well worth it as well, the staff where always very helpful & courteous & the afternoon canapes where to die for. The location of this hotel is excellent as well, there's a yas island bus that arrives at the bus stop in front of hotel that takes you all over the island including Ferrari world. It all so drops u back at the hotels at yas plaza which is an awesome free facility that should be taken advantage of. All in all a good stay thumbs up from Peter & Ann from Australia

Room Tip: Get the club rotana upgrade
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear Peter & Ann,

It was a great pleasure of ours to welcome you at Yas Island Rotana, thank you very much for choosing us and for giving us your valuable feedback.

We are glad you were able to enjoy some of our guest service facilities during your short stay and that you were fully satisfied by the food; I will certainly share your compliments to the kitchen team. Additionally, we are proud of our Housekeeping team as well as the Club Rotana team, as you right suggest they are the ones that make each of our guests' stay memorable.

With regards to the online upgrade option, I am sorry if it caused confusion and disappointment upon check in. We will review the process and ensure that it is clear and hassle-free. I appreciate the fact your brought it to our attention.

Will you be visiting Abu Dhabi again soon? If so, please let me know and it will be a pleasure to take care of your reservation. There are so many elements of the hotel and Yas Island which I am sure you will enjoy.

Until then, thanks again and best regards,

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Great getaway to the Yas Rotana...extremely courteous staff, the check in was a breeze, to my delight and surprise the room was fantastic, dining was great at the Indian restaurant, wifi all the way with ease to access, and the decor was perfect. The view from the room was very nice, overlooks the yas marina circuit, and the room service was at a lightning speed (amazed me).
Breakfast was nice, and the supervisors had watchful eyes on the guest to ensure they are being served......get there to experience it, you will not be disappointed....

Room Tip: stayed on the 4th floor, facing the yas marina circuit, silent, and cozy, very happy with the room...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear Prakash V,

On behalf of the entire team at Yas Island Rotana, thank you very much for choosing us for your weekend and for your feedback.

We are indeed grateful for the compliments, it is delightful to know that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed the visit. Please be assured I will share your comments with my colleagues at Front Desk, Housekeeping, Rangoli, Room Service, and Choices.

I hope that you will be able to visit us again soon for another weekend getaway, we will soon be launching some exciting summer promotions for the whole family to enjoy.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 29 April 2013

A very enjoyable stay for us - a group of 6 friends. We stayed at Yas Rotana for the weekend (2 nights). The staff were very friendly and accommodating (even though I bugged them, several times, to hold my keys and bags as I walked in and out of the hotel). Our booking included meals (breakfast and dinner) and I must say it was really fresh and delicious. The breakfast buffet was scrumptious. It had a wide variety of food to tickle the taste buds of each of us. I enjoyed the strawberry pastry very much. Dinner was huge and we were spoilt for choice. The salads and desserts were to die for (so incase u are there, go easy on the main course so that you can stuff yourself with desserts) The salmon, in particular, was very flavorsome. Room service was good and cleanliness was perfect. Overall it was a perfect stay and worth the money spent.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Pool side offer a great view
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Dear StephDes,

It is an honour welcoming you to Yas Island Rotana, and we appreciate very much your 'fantabulous' feedback.

Your kind comments about the food, service, and facilities will certainly be shared with the team to recognize them for their efforts and professionalism.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel soon, perhaps to try some of our signature restaurants or to discover what Yas Island has to offer.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

The hotel is very good (as you would expect in Abu Dhabi) - fantastic rooms (no view to speak of), but spacious, clean, comfortable (best sleeps all holiday!) well serviced, great bathroom, etc etc. Great location for Ferarri World, the beach is a short walk away but that didn't bother us.... shuttle buses available for shopping, etc.

On arrival, only one of our two rooms was ready - we agreed to check-in and leave all our luggage in one room while waiting for the other. Even checking into one room took nearly 45 minutes (we had arrived early morning so were waiting to have breakfast - at 5 minutes before breakfast closing, he still hadn't checked us in!! One of us went to the restaurant to reserve a table, where the front of desk staff told us we had to hurry up! Of course we got annoyed and told them to have a word with their front desk for delaying us...). We didn't get the second room until well after 4pm - absolutely ridiculous as we'd been there since before 9 and requested early check-in well in advance.

Near the concierge desk - there was one woman who looked at us like "what do you want", and then another who was all smiles and super-helpful. A real mix.

Overall, good stay, nice pools, but checkin desk poor: they also did not tell us about the money-off vouchers we were entitled to, and we found out about the spa "buy 1 get one free" treatments by accident. Small points, but they make all the difference when you're on holiday.

Room Tip: Good location for Ferrari World....ask for a nice view (I'm sure there must be one)....
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Saritak684,

It was a pleasure have you, your friends, and your little ones with us at Yas Island Rotana. Thank you very much for choosing us as your holiday destination in the UAE.

I am sorry to hear that you had such a long wait for the room, especially since you requested for an early check in. It appears that you arrived on a day where we had very limited availability, so preparing the rooms as per your request may have been a challenge. We strive to meet and exceed our guests' expectations so it is disappointing when we fall short. With regards to the Guest Services team, please know that we are all eager to assist, I will certainly relay your impressions to the team.

It is delightful to know that you enjoyed the hotel facilities, we are happy to have introduced a shuttle bus to the Yas Beach which now complements the free access to all our guests.

We all look forward to your next vacation plan, hoping you add Yas Island to the itinerary. Thank you very much for the valuable feedback.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff, always smiling. Very professional.
The hotel offers free WiFi.
Its location is at a 10 min walk from the Du arena.
Nice swimming pool and gym.
The food can be better.
The massage was great and professional.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear patricius1977,

Thank you very much for your feedback and for choosing Yas Island Rotana. We are glad that you enjoyed your weekend.

Your compliments about the staff and our recreational facilities are noted, we are proud of the team and I will certainly share your comments. With regards to the food, I will also share with the Chef.

Please think of us for your next trip to Yas Island, will be a pleasure to have you with us!

Best regards,