“Fantastic hotel, I would recommend to all!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yas Island Rotana

Yas Island Rotana
Ranked #49 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Luton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel, I would recommend to all!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

As this was my 1st time in the UAE and I was travelling with work I had no expectations for this trip (unlike many other places where you imagine it before hand or base it on a previous experience) For this reason I was totally blown away by both the UAE itself and the service at the hotel. From meeting the concierge upon arrival through to the reception staff, cleaning staff, restaurant staff and bar staff I have never felt so welcome at any hotel before. I really got the impression they could not do more for you, from fresh fruit left in the room daily to coffee cups topped up within seconds if they were empty at breakfast. Staff were attentive but not intrusive, unlike some other 4-5 star hotels I have visited. The rooms were bigger than expected and were clean and inviting. The choice of restaurants meant there was something for everyone and gave some variety over the weekend. The pool, gym and spa area was great, although the pool got shaded after 2pm which was my only negative regarding this hotel. I visited over F1 weekend, which meant the hotel was at full capacity yet still maintained fantastic service. I would most definitely recommend this hotel to all family and friends visiting the UAE.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Cara S
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear Cara S,

On behalf of the entire team at Yas Island Rotana, thank you very much for choosing our hotel for the exciting F1 weekend, and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

Your praise of the team and the facilities are very much appreciated and I will be sure to share all your feedback to the team. Our only wish is that you would take the opportunity to visit us again, for the Formula 1 weekend in 2014 or at an earlier occasion.

With best regards,

nadim.elzyr@rotana.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

Stayed on this hotel for only two nights, had I been in Abu Dhabi longer I would have moved! I can honestly say I have never stayed in such a noisy hotel! If it's not the near constant din of the formula 1 cars just opposite the hotel it's the landing or taking off of the planes from the adjacent airport!! This was obviously worse as I arrived direct from working a night shift so I had to sleep a few hours during the afternoon when the noise is at it worst! The hotel room itself was nice and well equipped, spacious bathroom and decent shower. Apart from the noise the only downside would be the lighting which was pretty poor in the room itself, difficult to put make up on or do your hair if the bathroom mirror is fogged up! Staff were helpful and the steakhouse restaurant was fabulous. I'd happily return for a meal there when I'm back in Abu Dhabi, however as I'm quite a fan of my sleep I shall be staying somewhere else!!

Room Tip: Not facing the F1 tack!!,
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Irishcaz80,

Thank you very much for choosing the Yas Island Rotana for your recent visit to Abu Dhabi. Also, I would like to express my appreciation for sharing your feedback with us, so we can know what look for ways to improve our facilities and services.

It is so regrettable for us that you faced such a disturbance while staying at the hotel, sleep quality is clearly a fundamental requirement for a hotel and having a noisy room can certainly make a big impact on your experience. Our windows are double glazed and comply with International standards for noise control, however perhaps in your bedroom balcony door was not closing as it should and hence the insulation was poor. I am sorry that this was the case, and I am certain that if we had known about the balcony not closing well, we would have resolved it on the spot to ensure you sleep through the night (or day as you wish!). Also, your comments regarding the lighting are well noted and we shall look internally on how we could provide better lighting in the guest room.

We also appreciate very much your comments about the facilities and the level of service you experienced. I will certainly share your feedback about the Blue Grill with the team.

Our only wish is to welcome you back to the hotel, please do let me know and I will be pleased to assist with your reservation.

Thank you once again and kind regards,

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

Such a beautiful Island. My hotel room was absolutley everything I needed, and the view WOW. had a great view of the F1 circuit accross from the hotel. Thankfully didnt have any problems with Noise, but i imagine that when the GP is on it can get quite noisy. But I have nothing but good things to say about this Hotel. I would definetly go back!!

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Emily S,

Thank you very much for choosing the Yas Island Rotana during your visit to Abu Dhabi, and also for sharing your experiences with us.

I am indeed very pleased to know that the hotel's facilities met or exceeded your expectations and that the service you received made you feel right at home.

We look forward to your next visit so you can discover more of what the hotel and what Yas Island has to offer

Thank you very much and best wishes from all of us,

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Liked the hotel and the location for some meetings I was attending. The staff were lovely and friendly. Not much in the local area if you need a walk! Used the conference facilities which were also very nice and well looked after by staff. Thanks.

Stayed September 2013
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear andymcivor,

We are pleased to know that you were highly satisfied with the conference and meeting facilities available at our hotel. Your compliments about the quality of service you had received from our team are also very much appreciated, and will definitely be shared with them.

We hope you are also able to stay at the hotel for leisure, so that you may be able to enjoy our dining outlets and recreational facilities, and the many other attractions on Yas Island.

Until then, we eagerly look forward to hosting more of your business trips and meetings at Yas Island Rotana.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have just come back from Abu Dhabi and stayed at the Yas Island Rotana hotel. Big mistake. If you have brown skin, do not even consider staying there. I am British Indian and was born in the UK - and have never experienced the level of racism and discrimination that I did whilst staying at this hotel.
My husband and I arrived and were not greeted as “appropriately” as the hotel’s “fairer” skinned guests were. I had been seated next to the refreshments’ table whilst my husband checked in, and I was waiting for 15 minutes – with no offer of any refreshments` after a 7 hour flight - but the second the hotel’s “most valued” and “fair skinned” guests walked through the door, the hotel hostess pounced on them wearing a big smile and thrusting the refreshments into their hands, whilst they continued to ignore me.

The second day by the pool, I ordered a bottle of mineral water and had to wait 30 minutes before receiving my order (and after I had complained) – as the hotel barman was too busy serving 2 fairer skinned guests their pints of beer (even though they had ordered after me). Luckily the Bar Manager took my complaint seriously - but these are just 2 examples.

Rotana is a good hotel, but next time I will not be staying in such a prejudiced and backwards environment. I work hard and wanted a good a holiday, I genuinely feel hurt and upset by the hotel’s lack of respect for its brown skinned, Indian looking guests, and general attitude. One does not know whether this behaviour is as a result of hotel education in the Middle East, or whether the individuals simply do not consider brown skinned people to be important enough.

Nevertheless, next time I will be sticking with chain hotels originating from the western world where such education is, hopefully, not part of standard operating procedures.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank NPv2
Dear NPv2,

Thank you very much for your feedback, and please accept my sincere apologies if you felt racially discriminated; this is completely unacceptable and goes against all the principles that we follow as a company.

We have conducted an investigation to understand how this could have occured. I respectfully doubt there was any intended discrimination, since more than 60% of the colleagues are natively from the Indian Subcontinent, and with Indian travellers being in the Top 5 nationalities visiting our hotels on a yearly basis.

I truly believe that what occurred with you was a series of unfortunate events. For example, I have spoken with the Lobby Hostess Belinda, who is of Kenyan origin. She recalls the incident and she had misread your body language; you had given her the impression that you did not want to be served or spoken to at that particular time. We shall, however, conduct the necessary re-training to the team to avoid such misunderstandings in the future.

We all sincerely hope that you and your husband will have another chance to visit our hotel, please let me know and I will be happy to arrange.

West Midlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed here while visiting family in Abu Dhabi. Had a great stay from the moment we arrived (at 2 in the morning!) until we left. Stayed in a standard room that was great - large bathroom with toiletries replaced every day (we've stayed in plenty of hotels where that doesn't happen), tea & coffee in the room & free bottles of water every day. Didn't hear a sound from the other rooms. All the staff we met were friendly, helpful and polite, couldn't do enough for us. Huge choice at breakfast buffet and the same for lunch in Choices restaurant and the food was amazing. There are two other restaurants and the Y Bar at the hotel. There are also other hotels within walking distance so a good choice of restaurants and bars in the area. Everything was spotless including the pool area. Free bus stops near the hotel which drops you off at Ferrari World and the waterpark. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ZweiDrifters
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Dear ZweiDrifters,

On behalf of the entire team at Yas Island Rotana, thank you very much for choosing to stay at our hotel and for giving us your fantastic feedback.

We are pleased to know that we met all of your expectations and were able to make you feel comfortable and satisfied with us. Your comments about the room, the service, and the food and beverage selection at the hotel are much appreciated and will be shared with the team.

Our only wish is that you will take the opportunity to visit us on your next visit to Abu Dhabi, please let us know and we will be happy to make arrangements for you. Abu Dhabi's attractions are increasing by the day, and the Guest Services team will be pleased to make your next visit a memorable one.

United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed here while in Abu Dhabi visting our son and daughter -in- law ,service was the best we have ever had nothing was to much trouble for any member of staff.Bunch on Thursday was unbelievable just sooo much to choose from and all the drink one could wish for.Bedrooms are lovely with a king sized bed , sitting area, flat screen televison and tea, coffee and water suppled.Wi-fi was free and we found it worked well in the rooms. Outside pool was very clean and the snacks at the pool were lovely with a short waiting time. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Maureen02811,

I'd like to express my sincerest appreciation for choosing our hotel during your short visit to Abu Dhabi. We are all thrilled to know that you enjoyed the service, the food, and the facilities we offer at the hotel and the fact that we were able to help in creating memorable moments for your and your family.

Your feedback is very valuable to us, I will be sure to recognize my colleagues for the excellent service.

Thanks very much for the recommendation, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Abu Dhabi in the near future.

Kind regards,