“feel like home”
Review of Yas Island Rotana

Yas Island Rotana
Ranked #48 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Staying here in the end of December , the location of this hotel just 10 minutes from Ferrari theme park and beside the Yas Island F1 Circuit . Staff in Reception are very professional and the procedure of check in are very fast .

The breakfast restaurant in Choice are nice . Various of selections menu starting from middle east menu until asian menu are available . Restaurant staff are friendly and helpful .

Room are big than I am expected , bathroom are comfortable and bed are five star hotel standard . WiFi are free and fast . All the Hotels atmosphere will make you feeling at home . Will visiting this hotel again when in Abu Dhabi .

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Davidofbali,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us and we are glad to know you had a memorable visit.

I will certainly share your comments with the rest of the team, and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Yas Island Rotana in the near future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Hotel stay was booked early November for stay on 29/12 till 31/12. Checked in at 30th 0200 whereby we had issues with providing all 6adults passport as 1 of the couple had left it in dubai. However managed to give them a scanned copy of the original and settled . Had 5 kids along. Booked 4 normal room of all king size. Booking was confirmed early November. They offered us 3 rooms on level 5 and 1 room seperately on level 4. Which was the first disappointment . Second disappointment was that they gave another room with balcony but 2 single bed. When called reception first they said will connect to manager and hanged up. Called back to talk go reception and got hold with manager , understood it was the same guy who checked in us and some1 who can never give a welcome smile. He advised they had an error and have away our confirmed booked room . He blackmailed us saying that since they accepted scan copy of passport we had to accept his fault of not giving us the room we asked for. He advised he will try the next day.

Will never recommend or return to this hotel at any cost. What is a hotel without a service?

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Abdul F

Dear Abdul F,

Thank you very much to you and your family for choosing the Yas Island Rotana for your short visit to Abu Dhabi. I also sincerely appreciate your feedback about your arrival experience and the service you received at our hotel.

It is unfortunate for us that you were not at all satisfied by the way the four rooms were allocated on your arrival and it was clearly an oversight from our side. We are all truly sorry to have caused you inconvenience with following up with the Front Desk team, moving rooms the following day, etc. We have also shared all your comments with the Front Desk Manager who met you on your day of arrival.

I must advise that original IDs are required in UAE hotels. Please remember to have those with you to avoid any complications at your time of check in.

I have tried to contact you through Private Message on TripAdvisor to get your direct contact details as I would like to call you in person. I would be very thankful if you could e-mail me your contact details.

Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to improve, and we all sincerely hope to welcome you back to Yas Island in the near future.

Best regards,

Nadim.elzyr@rotana.com

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Convenient for visiting Ferrari world ,yas circuit,yas water world etc.all within 5min by free shuttle.hotel is modern .i found toilets a bit cramped .they should do away with bidet's.just use water spray hoses.near to Abu Dhabi airport.breakfast is great with a large spread and also has a health section.shuttle service could be more frequent especially going to Abu Dhabi city centre.a bit disappointed with hotel for charging 20 dirhams to print 6 boarding passes.check in was fast nd friendly. Free shuttle to nearby mall ends @ 3pm which is ridiculous as the hotel is rather remote @ night and malls are open till 10pm. Guests should be offered a shuttle to the beach as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Gora786
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Gora786,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel on your recent stopover in Abu Dhabi, and it is great to know that overall, you and your family enjoyed the stay with us.

We sincerely appreciate all of your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to improve on our services and facilities. We will certainly look at all the possibilities regarding the shuttle timings, the printing costs. I would like to clarify that we do in fact offer a shuttle to the Yas Beach, and the access, the towel rental, and the sunbed rental is complimentary.

Once again, thank you very much for your comments and sincerely hope to welcome you and your family again in the near future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Stayed for 5 nights on a golfing trip as part of the league to Dubai finals. Had a fantastic time and the service and hotel were excellent. Also a great location for Yas Links golf course, Ferarri world and all the local attractions on Yas island.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Andrew S,

Thank you very much for your comments. It is great to know that you and your fellow golfers had a memorable visit to Yas Island Rotana and we also hope that your golfing experience at Yas Links met or exceeded your expectations.

As you may have noticed, Yas Island is a destination which has an attractive list of leisure activities close by and this will only increase in the upcoming year or two. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to discover more of what the hotel, and indeed Yas Island, has to offer.

Your comments about the service and the facilities are much appreciated, and I will certainly share with the team.

Many thanks and best wishes,

Reviewed 19 December 2013

As this was my 1st time in the UAE and I was travelling with work I had no expectations for this trip (unlike many other places where you imagine it before hand or base it on a previous experience) For this reason I was totally blown away by both the UAE itself and the service at the hotel. From meeting the concierge upon arrival through to the reception staff, cleaning staff, restaurant staff and bar staff I have never felt so welcome at any hotel before. I really got the impression they could not do more for you, from fresh fruit left in the room daily to coffee cups topped up within seconds if they were empty at breakfast. Staff were attentive but not intrusive, unlike some other 4-5 star hotels I have visited. The rooms were bigger than expected and were clean and inviting. The choice of restaurants meant there was something for everyone and gave some variety over the weekend. The pool, gym and spa area was great, although the pool got shaded after 2pm which was my only negative regarding this hotel. I visited over F1 weekend, which meant the hotel was at full capacity yet still maintained fantastic service. I would most definitely recommend this hotel to all family and friends visiting the UAE.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Cara S

Dear Cara S,

On behalf of the entire team at Yas Island Rotana, thank you very much for choosing our hotel for the exciting F1 weekend, and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

Your praise of the team and the facilities are very much appreciated and I will be sure to share all your feedback to the team. Our only wish is that you would take the opportunity to visit us again, for the Formula 1 weekend in 2014 or at an earlier occasion.

With best regards,

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Stayed on this hotel for only two nights, had I been in Abu Dhabi longer I would have moved! I can honestly say I have never stayed in such a noisy hotel! If it's not the near constant din of the formula 1 cars just opposite the hotel it's the landing or taking off of the planes from the adjacent airport!! This was obviously worse as I arrived direct from working a night shift so I had to sleep a few hours during the afternoon when the noise is at it worst! The hotel room itself was nice and well equipped, spacious bathroom and decent shower. Apart from the noise the only downside would be the lighting which was pretty poor in the room itself, difficult to put make up on or do your hair if the bathroom mirror is fogged up! Staff were helpful and the steakhouse restaurant was fabulous. I'd happily return for a meal there when I'm back in Abu Dhabi, however as I'm quite a fan of my sleep I shall be staying somewhere else!!

Room Tip: Not facing the F1 tack!!,
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Irishcaz80,

Thank you very much for choosing the Yas Island Rotana for your recent visit to Abu Dhabi. Also, I would like to express my appreciation for sharing your feedback with us, so we can know what look for ways to improve our facilities and services.

It is so regrettable for us that you faced such a disturbance while staying at the hotel, sleep quality is clearly a fundamental requirement for a hotel and having a noisy room can certainly make a big impact on your experience. Our windows are double glazed and comply with International standards for noise control, however perhaps in your bedroom balcony door was not closing as it should and hence the insulation was poor. I am sorry that this was the case, and I am certain that if we had known about the balcony not closing well, we would have resolved it on the spot to ensure you sleep through the night (or day as you wish!). Also, your comments regarding the lighting are well noted and we shall look internally on how we could provide better lighting in the guest room.

We also appreciate very much your comments about the facilities and the level of service you experienced. I will certainly share your feedback about the Blue Grill with the team.

Our only wish is to welcome you back to the hotel, please do let me know and I will be pleased to assist with your reservation.

Thank you once again and kind regards,

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Such a beautiful Island. My hotel room was absolutley everything I needed, and the view WOW. had a great view of the F1 circuit accross from the hotel. Thankfully didnt have any problems with Noise, but i imagine that when the GP is on it can get quite noisy. But I have nothing but good things to say about this Hotel. I would definetly go back!!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Emily S,

Thank you very much for choosing the Yas Island Rotana during your visit to Abu Dhabi, and also for sharing your experiences with us.

I am indeed very pleased to know that the hotel's facilities met or exceeded your expectations and that the service you received made you feel right at home.

We look forward to your next visit so you can discover more of what the hotel and what Yas Island has to offer

Thank you very much and best wishes from all of us,