“Very nice stay!”

Ranked #47 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Very nice stay!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband and I spent a weekend at the hotel in Fabruary, witch was very nice! Staff was nice, room was clean and food was awesome! The pool area was sooo nice too! Would recommend it every chance i get : )

Room Tip: We stayed at the Rotana Club KIng room wich was very nice!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Cie91,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel as a weekend holiday and for recommending the Yas Island Rotana.

All of your comments have been passed on to the team, and we are all glad that you and your husband had a memorable visit.

Will you be visiting us again soon? Please let me know and I will be pleased to assist in any way possible.

Best wishes,

nadim.elzyr@rotana.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Outstanding service, the staff knows you by your name. The lobby, coffee shop, gym, Y-Bar, Blue-Grill, Choices Buffet, Pool, and rooms are always spotless. The meals and service are amazing. Sameer the head host at Choices and the Blue Grill makes you feel like royalty. The king size beds with down comforters and the Chase lounges are great for laying out and relaxing!

Room Tip: If you want a more stunning view, get the balcony view, but be prepared if the Formula 1 is running...
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The Yas Island Rotana is a wonderful stay! The night I arrived hotel staff were positioned in the hallway waiting to take care of me. When I came out of room to get a plug adapter I had forget to bring with me it was like I was surrounded by Secret Service agents. They converged on me to see what I needed, made a quick call on a headset radio and informed me the adapter was on its way up!

The staff and management here go out of their way to be sure our stay is as perfect as they can make it. Our restaurant manager and the wait staff already know our preferences and they make it a personal and comfortable dining experience. Oh, and the food rocks! LOL The staff at the Y Bar seem to have a bottomless supply of energy, enthusiasm and cheerfulness. Just stopping by for a beer after dinner is made special by the atmosphere and the great people who work there.

OK, nothing is perfect. On the weekend when the hotel is full the internet drags. I think I can get over that! I've heard absolutely no noise from aircraft but when the nearby Formula 1 track is hot the sound of these incredible machines is certainly noticeable but it was during the afternoon during my stay.

The rooms are beautiful and exceptionally well kept. The sitting furniture could be a bit more comfortable for lounging, though. The laundry service is very quick and thorough. My suits were returned perfectly pressed.

I definitely recommend this hotel and if you do stay here please be sure to thank the staff!

John Sczerby

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the bay or the pool. The view on the other side of the structure is of...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Dear John S,

I wish to extend my sincerest thanks for staying with us and for giving us all of your feedback. We are delighted to know that your stay has been a memorable one.

Your compliments are very much appreciated by the team and I am also proud of their professionalism and service approach. As you rightfully say, they are consistently looking for ways to make our dear guests feel at home.

We shall hope to meet you soon, thanks again for your message.

Best regards,

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 21 March 2014

A pleasant and very new hotel with a somewhat ostentatious upscale urban ambience -- at least in the public areas. Our balcony door was off-track -- and remained so during our stay --, but otherwise everything worked. The rooms are functional but have a hotel chain could-be-anywhere appearance.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear TalltrekkerTX,

Very warm greetings from Yas Island Rotana! We sincerely appreciate your recent visit to our hotel and for taking the time to posting your feedback on TripAdvisor.

All of your comments have been passed on to the team, and we all hope to see you soon on your next trip to Abu Dhabi.

Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I'd read previous reviewers mentioning about the aircraft noise - I'd thought they were over-reacting as we have stayed at the Crowne Plaza, around 300 metres away, also in the Yas Plaza over 20 times in the last 3 years and there you only notice the planes if you are outside at the pool.

The previous reviewers were correct, this is a beautiful, comfortable hotel with very poor soundproofing. I was amazed just how many night flights take off from the nearby airport between the hours of 1am and 3am!

On the plus side we ate at the Rangoli restaurant and ate possibly the best Indian meal we have ever tasted. It was pricey but the staff were very efficient and friendly and the restaurant is beautifully decorated.

The club lounge was fine although I wish they would turn off the piped music! Breakfast was very good.

We were in room 614, I suspect that rooms on the other side of the hotel may be slightly quieter. We wouldn't rush back to this hotel but we probably will drop in now and again to eat at Rangoli when we are staying elsewhere at Yas Plaza.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear bluelionesse,

On behalf of the entire team, thank you very much for choosing the Yas Island Rotana.

Although we are so pleased to know that you enjoyed the hotel's facilities, and that you have very positive feedback about the food and service, we sincerely regret that you were not able to have a good night's sleep due to the soundproofing. I suspect that the door was unfortunately not closing well, which is something that could have been rectified prior to your arrival.

All your feedback is highly appreciated and has been shared with the colleagues. Our only wish is that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back, either to the hotel or any of the our restaurants or bars. Please let me know and I will be pleased to assist you.

Thank you very much for your contribution, kind regards,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I like Rotana hotels and have had a generally good experience in every one I've stayed in. The Yas Rotana was among the best Rotana experiences I've had. My staff booked me into a suite, which was totally unnecessary (they were trying to be nice) and which had very uncomfortable sitting room furniture and an unnecessary bar set up. But the bedroom was lovely and the bathroom complex was also outstanding (although not up to the St. Regis), with a drench shower and other amenities. The beds were very comfortable and I got a pretty good night's sleep. The buffet was generous and the food was good but not great. The staff were friendly. A good stay. No complaints.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Michael S,

I would like to thank you and your team for choosing the Yas Island Rotana during your recent visit to Abu Dhabi. In addition, we all sincerely appreciate receiving your valuable feedback.

It is great to know that, overall, you had a memorable experience, and I will certainly share your comments with the team. We are proud of their efforts day in / day out in making our guests feel welcome. Your feedback about the furniture will certainly be discussed with the team.

Our only wish is that you consider us on your next visit to Abu Dhabi. As with all Rotana hotels, we strive to continue improving our hotel amenities and guest services.

Thank you once again and best regards,

Leavenworth, Kansas
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I'm in Rotana, Abu Dhabi for a long stay. If you're going to have a long family separation, the Rotana helps make it more bearable. The restaurant is amazing. The rooms are top, and the hospitality staff is wonderful. Renato is making sure everything is excellent for me. And the hotel gave me an unexpected birthday cake. Far from Abu Dhabi's center, there is a free shuttle, an inexpensive public bus service, and plenty of taxis. Can't wait for my family to visit and see this place.

Dear Toto2Leavenworth,

We are honoured to have you as a guest; thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us. It is great to know that you are being very well looked after by the team, namely Renato, and I have already shared your compliments.

Please do let us know when your family will join you at Yas Island, it will be a pleasure to prepare a nice vacation plan for them.

Thanks again and best regards,