“Lovely hotel, excellent service.”
Review of Yas Island Rotana

Yas Island Rotana
Ranked #48 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Brilliant service, greeted by name by many staff! Room was fantastic and bathroom very well stocked. The pool and pool bar bar area are fantastic, although a little busy at times there are plenty of sun beds. The location is quite remote, other than the few hotels next door you need a taxi to go anywhere so does depend what you want from you trip. Fantastic view of yas circuit and Ferrari world from the balcony, strangely only one chair on the balcony which was a bit odd, otherwise can't fault it! Lovely hotel. The club rotana is definitely worth booking/upgrading to as the staff, food and atmosphere were all excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the pool/race track
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Becks_8020,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to know that you really enjoyed the visit and you felt well looked after by the team, especially the Club Rotana.

With regards to your comments about the chair on the balcony, we usually have 2 chairs, as per my brief investigation, it seems that the second chair was getting repaired which took time. I would suggest, on your next visit, to speak our Guest Service Centre and I am sure they would have recommended a solution. Apologies for that odd experience!

We all look forward to welcoming you back, perhaps by then the Yas Mall and other attractions that will complement your trip to Yas Island.

Thanks again for the valuable feedback, and I hope to hear from you again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I must start by saying this is a very good hotel. From the moment you are greeted by the very welcoming staff to the superb rooms that are very nicely decorated and were always spotlessly clean. We booked a club room and I would recommend this very highly. You got you breakfast included in either the club lounge or the choices restaurant. Plus you got four free drinks between 6-9pm plus a finger buffet of small but very nice appetizers. The y bar had a really nice terrace and was good value during happy hour and inside had loads of TV screens to watch sports on. Service by all the staff in the bars and restaurants was impeccable without being over bearing.
2 small issues though. The soundproofing as mentioned in an earlier review. We had a balcony room and the door might as well not been there. They are very poor fitting and ours was a real struggle to close once you had opened it.
The other thing was the pool area. It's a really nice area with good sun loungers but when it got to weekend the whirl pool and supposedly adult pool were overun by kids. Not really got a problem with them in the pool but they made the whirl pool unusable for anybody who wanted to use it for the it's correct purpose.
That said I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear MarkJManchester,

Many thanks for your comments and we are so grateful that you choose our hotel for your visit to Abu Dhabi.

We are pleased to know that, overall, you had a pleasant stay with us. Your comments about the team have been shared and they appreciate your compliments very much. With regards to the balcony door, I sincerely apologize that it may not have been functioning properly, I do agree that it needs practice to close the balcony door! What I can suggest for the next visit is perhaps a brief demonstration when you arrive so it is 100% clear. Your point about the Jacuzzi is also very valid, and we shall look at the matter to ensure that everyone is satisfied.

I sincerely appreciate the recommendation and we all look forward to welcome you back, to discover more of what the hotel and indeed what Yas Island has to offer.

Cordially yours,

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Would definitely recommend. Lovely staff, great service and excellent service. A little noisy around the pool as there were quite a few kids, but there were sun beds placed far enough from the edge to ensure that it didn't disturb too much. That and the addition of an iPod :-) the food quality was excellent if a little expensive, but the bar did 241 for an extended happy hours each day. Great place to come with either friends or family, and the accommodation is reasonably priced. I wouldn't have any hesitation in recommending it to anyone.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear mcf146,

Thank you very much for choosing the Yas Island Rotana, and for sharing your experiences with us. It is great to know that you had a memorable stay with us.

Your compliments have been shared with the entire team; I am certainly proud of the effort and level of professionalism.

We are very grateful for your recommendation, and please don't hesitate to get in touch with me for your next visit to Yas Island.

Best regards,

Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband and I spent a weekend at the hotel in Fabruary, witch was very nice! Staff was nice, room was clean and food was awesome! The pool area was sooo nice too! Would recommend it every chance i get : )

Room Tip: We stayed at the Rotana Club KIng room wich was very nice!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Cie91,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel as a weekend holiday and for recommending the Yas Island Rotana.

All of your comments have been passed on to the team, and we are all glad that you and your husband had a memorable visit.

Will you be visiting us again soon? Please let me know and I will be pleased to assist in any way possible.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Outstanding service, the staff knows you by your name. The lobby, coffee shop, gym, Y-Bar, Blue-Grill, Choices Buffet, Pool, and rooms are always spotless. The meals and service are amazing. Sameer the head host at Choices and the Blue Grill makes you feel like royalty. The king size beds with down comforters and the Chase lounges are great for laying out and relaxing!

Room Tip: If you want a more stunning view, get the balcony view, but be prepared if the Formula 1 is running...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The Yas Island Rotana is a wonderful stay! The night I arrived hotel staff were positioned in the hallway waiting to take care of me. When I came out of room to get a plug adapter I had forget to bring with me it was like I was surrounded by Secret Service agents. They converged on me to see what I needed, made a quick call on a headset radio and informed me the adapter was on its way up!

The staff and management here go out of their way to be sure our stay is as perfect as they can make it. Our restaurant manager and the wait staff already know our preferences and they make it a personal and comfortable dining experience. Oh, and the food rocks! LOL The staff at the Y Bar seem to have a bottomless supply of energy, enthusiasm and cheerfulness. Just stopping by for a beer after dinner is made special by the atmosphere and the great people who work there.

OK, nothing is perfect. On the weekend when the hotel is full the internet drags. I think I can get over that! I've heard absolutely no noise from aircraft but when the nearby Formula 1 track is hot the sound of these incredible machines is certainly noticeable but it was during the afternoon during my stay.

The rooms are beautiful and exceptionally well kept. The sitting furniture could be a bit more comfortable for lounging, though. The laundry service is very quick and thorough. My suits were returned perfectly pressed.

I definitely recommend this hotel and if you do stay here please be sure to thank the staff!

John Sczerby

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the bay or the pool. The view on the other side of the structure is of...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear John S,

I wish to extend my sincerest thanks for staying with us and for giving us all of your feedback. We are delighted to know that your stay has been a memorable one.

Your compliments are very much appreciated by the team and I am also proud of their professionalism and service approach. As you rightfully say, they are consistently looking for ways to make our dear guests feel at home.

We shall hope to meet you soon, thanks again for your message.

Best regards,

Reviewed 21 March 2014

A pleasant and very new hotel with a somewhat ostentatious upscale urban ambience -- at least in the public areas. Our balcony door was off-track -- and remained so during our stay --, but otherwise everything worked. The rooms are functional but have a hotel chain could-be-anywhere appearance.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear TalltrekkerTX,

Very warm greetings from Yas Island Rotana! We sincerely appreciate your recent visit to our hotel and for taking the time to posting your feedback on TripAdvisor.

All of your comments have been passed on to the team, and we all hope to see you soon on your next trip to Abu Dhabi.