“Short stay at Yas Island Rotana”
Review of Yas Island Rotana

Yas Island Rotana
Ranked #48 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed at the hotel with family, 02 kids and wife . I would say the check in was smooth. The room is fine , not extra ordinary, having all the necessities. The prayer mat was not there , which was provided . I requested for an extra bed , that was arranged.

The pool is of average size. It tends to get busy at the week end, with the people , who have no proper etiquette or sense to use pool, such as entering the pool with the slippers / jeans/ T shirts...!!. One other thing that is really bothering is that , the only way out of the pool area to the rooms/ elevators, passes through the reception. It would have been better , if there was a path leading to the elevators for the rooms , that did not pass through the reception. I had my breakfast and lunch at ' Choices' , which was good, nothing extraordinary.

Overall , an OK place, nothing special, there are better options around.

Syed Asim Ali

Room Tip: Average hotel , Iam sure there are better hotels / Rooms else where
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 May 2014

the check in reception came on too strong about upgrading. it was late, we only wanted to check in fast. it wasn't fast.
good location, nice hotel. great restaurants. The room was excellent also and over all good feeling.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear ferpalaci0,

On behalf of all of us at Yas Island Rotana, thank you so much for choosing our hotel during your stopover in Abu Dhabi and for sharing your experiences with us.

Your comments about the check in experience have been well noted, our sincere intention is to explain some of the added-value options that you can enjoy although you may have not been aware of. The delay in the check in have been discussed with the Front Desk Manager and we will certainly look at ways to improve the check in process.

It is great to know that you enjoyed the facilities and the dining options we have at the hotel, and we certainly wish that you will take another opportunity to visit Yas island.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed here as a recovery break after a long business trip to the Far East. We arrived in the dead of the night, was confronted with a serious, long, boring, mind numbing and exceptionally dreary, hard sell up sell which we simply refused. After that it was brilliant.

Room was was nice, neat view, restaurant, gym, pool all nice. Staff (except for the arrival hard sell bore salesman) very nice and generous. Really liked it. Lovely place for a break. Food in restaurant was just so wonderful.

Highly recommend with a huge smile.

Stayed: December 2013

Dear eyeonbroadstreet,

Thank you very much for the review and the valuable feedback, we are honoured that you have chosen the Yas Island Rotana as your home in Abu Dhabi.

I am pleased to know that, overall, you have truly enjoyed your stay with us and that the service and the facilities met all of your expectations. Your compliments have been shared with the team. With regards to the arrival experience, I'm sorry to hear you felt pestered by one of my colleagues. Please know our intention is to highlight some great value add-ons which most of our guests appreciate, on the other hand I understand that this is not what you wanted to hear about when arriving so late at night! We have noted your comment, thanks very much for that.

We sincerely hope you will take another opportunity to visit our hotel, to discover more of what the hotel and indeed what Yas Island has to offer.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We were a family of 10 that checked in on April 14. After arriving on an overnight flight to dubai and then the drive to Yas Island we were at the hotel hours before check in. The gentlemen at check-in was excellent and accommodated us with an early check in. We upgraded to premium rooms at a small fee and the overall service was excellent. From the porters, to the staff up front parking our car to even the cleaners. As a travel consultant in South Africa I am always booking clients into hotels in Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Yas Island Rotana will now be my first recommendation to clients.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Fuzzims,

We are thrilled to know that you and your family felt well looked after during your short visit to Yas Island Rotana.

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback and for your recommendation, we will be happy to receive your guests and to look after them the same as you have been. Your comments about the Arrival experience has been shared with the team. It's great to know that you enjoyed staying in our Premium Rooms which does indeed have a great view of the racing circuit and other Yas Island attractions.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you and your family back, thanks again for the review.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Everything about this hotel was just fabulous, rooms, food, cleanliness, staff, pool and pool staff
Would recommend it as it is quite close to airport, but not too close regarding the noise.

The only downside was the taxi ride from airport to hotel, driver just did not even acknowledge us in taxi, even after we told him where we were going, bit scary as the only way i knew he was taking us to the rotana yas island, was the road signs. So I would in future book my taxi through hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Trish B,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and for sharing your experiences with us.

The team and I are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel's services and facilities memorable.

We sincerely hope that you will visit Yas Island Rotana again soon with your family, and I will be happy to assist in any way possible.

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I can't recommend this place enough. It was great! It was beautiful and the beds were comfortable. The rooms were large and very clean. The staff were very helpful and they even printed tickets off for us. It is close to Ferrari world and the water park. The only negative is that it is far from a grocery store. The wifi was the best I have experienced. Very happy, will be back

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Coconut_dog,

Thanks so much for the fantastic review, we are so happy that you chose our hotel for your recent visit to Abu Dhabi and that our services and our rooms exceeded your expectations.

We appreciate the feedback and it has been shared with the entire team.

Please visit us again soon! Until then, best regards,

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I decided to stay at Yas Island for a weekend "stay-cation" and birthday treat in one.

The twin room came as part of the theme park package (deluxe room, tickets to either Yas Waterworld or Ferrari World, breakfast)... a great deal indeed.

Upon booking I was advised to arrive around 10am to get an early start at the Waterworld. I had several requests, which they staff were kind enough to accommodate. Even though was there before noon, I was informed that the room was already on stand by. Good point #1

After several hours at the water park, I was looking forward to a good nap. The room was well appointed.... bed was firm... however I did notice that the room probably could use pest control as I found 2 small bugs on my bed,.. the first one managed to crawl on my hand.

Dinner was nothing to write home about. Breakfast service was actually much better as the staff were more attentive in clearing tables and anticipating needs.

The spa and front office staff are probably some of the friendliest people I've met in any hotel... however the front door and parking attendant staff need to keep up... since they are the first and the last people that guests will meet.

Room Tip: If you're a theme park enthusiast, book the Stay and Play package... rooms come with passes to Y...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AmANomad

Dear AmANomad,

Thank you very much for the comments, and I'd like to extend my birthday belated wishes! Thank you for choosing the Yas Island Rotana.

We sincerely appreciate your detailed commends of your experiences. We have taken all your feedback on board and have shared with team, I can promise that we will strive to improve all aspects of our hotel facilities and services. Regading the insects in the room, that is very concerning and I can assure you that we have very strict schedules and controls in place and we work with a fantastic pest control company. If you could email me the details of the bugs, I can pass on this information and look for the source and the solution. Now that the weather is getting hotter, we understand that open doors/balconies could invite some unwanted visitors to the rooms.

The team and I are really happy to know that you enjoyed your staycation and we sincerely hope that you will think of us on the next occasion, please stay in touch and we will always keep you updated with the best offers.

Kind regards,