“Very Comfortable”

Ranked #47 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Paris, France
“Very Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

I have spent 2 weeks in this unsual concept hotel. Very nice room, a lot of space for working,. Great restaurant buffet (breakfast and lunch) on the 1st floor and very trendy the top floor. The pool is great in the afternoon.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 24 August 2011
Hi Lolotto, very nice review, you have made a brief but very rich review. As you say, our concept is to be different and give the new generation of travellers exactly what they want. I would extremely happy to welcome you back soon! Best wishes, Rainer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Staffordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

We stayed here for a few days. This modern hotel is very functional, everything you need in your room, with good air conditioning, (especially when the temperature outside is 46 c...!) Very clean. Lovely friendly staff, who know their job well . The pool area is beautiful, with good towels for your use...again all kept clean. ...dont forget your sandals , as the area around the pool gets extremely hot under your feet! The food is excellent with a fantastic choice, buffet style breakfast and dinner in the main restaurant. Whilst staying there try to see Emirates Palace and visit Yas Island , where the new Grand Prix circuit has been built around the marina and the Yas hotel. Yes we would definately go back!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Hi Happynow9, the team and I are extremely happy to read your flattering comments. It really seems you enjoyed the pool at its maximum. Excellent to read that our food quality was of your full satisfaction. So, as you would definitely be back, please remember to let me know so I can personally take care of your reservation with us. Until then, best wishes! Rainer
Meiringen, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

Based at the exhibition centre (ADNEC) this is primarily a hotel for those at a show. It lies 15/20 mins outside the city centre which costs between AED 20-30 in a taxi each way. That said it has some excellent facilities, the pool is fantastic, a range of realistically priced food is available 24hours per and the fittings in the room are of high quality. There is meant to be a very attractive roof top bar but that was closed during my stay.

The drawbacks apart from the distance to the city (compensated in part by free internet) is that there is construction going on around the hotel. If you are a light sleeper this will wake you at about 6am with trucks bleeping etc. I asked for a room change to somewhere quieter which they promptly did to a room overlooking the construction. I questioned this and they said they had nothing quieter. It was slightly better as it was higher but I have adjusted to starting the day earlier.

Minor issues are the air con, even on the lowest fan is quite noisy and too strong, so that if you work at the desk, papers are blown and it's difficult to get out of the chilling blast. The rooms could do with a comfy chair to sit in rather than having to use the bed to watch TV - the chair provided is hard and too upright.

The 'vibe' mentioned on their website, is nothing more than window dressing - I found the front of desk staff lacking in any vibe throughout my stay. In essence this is a good hotel with comfortable rooms and a beautiful swimming pool area. For families, if there is no exhibition on, I think it would make a good stop over, if an exhibition is on, it would not be my first choice.

Room Tip: Check if there is an exhibition on at ADEC before you book (unless, of course, your at the exhibitio...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Thanks alpman for an extensive review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed our facilities including our fantastic infinity pool, our spacious rooms and our food&beverage options. A pity you could not experience our roof top bar on this occasion. Due to the month of Ramadan the Relax@12 roof top lounge bar remained closed for the first half of the month. I am really sorry that you could hear the sounds of the trucks in the morning, we will address this issue as the activity nearby should not start that early. The works of Capital Centre should actually not affect at all anyone's rest. I am glad that you were given a solution to this. Thank you for your suggestion on the chair. Even though the space is quite limited we will consider this. The A/C is quite strong indeed considering the outside extreme high temperatures, however regulation of the airflow is possible so we will rectify what happened in your room. I was surprised to read about your perception of the reception staff not transmitting the sassy, savvy vibe. Apologize for it as I am sure it is an isolated case. This is always part of our continues training sessions.

Once again, great to see the overall high score you gave us and I thank you for brining the drawbacks to our attention so that we can rectify these with immediate effect.

We look forward to welcoming you soon, best wishes! Rainer
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

The Service from Aloft Abu dhabi was great. I particularly liked the kind and friendly staff from the efficient and friendly cleaners to the insightful and informative reception staff.

A unique feature of the hotel was Tuesday nights at the bar at the top of the hotel. The hotel manager personally greets you and some of the back room staff and directors who offer free drinks, sushi and snacks for an hour or two while you speak to them.

The gym is all new and the outdoor swimming pool is uniquely a comfortable temperature (not too cold as usually is) 2 free pool tables in the lobby and a fantastic restaurant.

The only downers are the current building works on one side of the hotel (Bit dusty but quiet, quite a spectacle to watch the pace of growth) and the location 25 mins from Airport 25 mins to city bit harsh if staying for a while and want to explore. But great view of royal palaces and water from the hotel.

Room Tip: Just Ask, if its a birthday or a special gift they will go the extra mile
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Hi there Don, I want to thank you for a great review. Always delighted to read that our staff makes the difference. And of course, creating that personal bond with our customers is our focus. That is also the reason why we in the management take our time every Tuesday to invite all our guests for a sociable cocktail. I am glad you enjoyed working out at our gym, our pleasant pool temperature, the pool tables and our culinary alternatives.

Indeed there is some construction in Capital Centre, to one side of the hotel. This shouldn't affect anyone's rest, work nor enjoyment. If I may, I will take the liberty to make a very small correction, our distance to both airport and downtown is in average 15 minutes. As you will be back soon, I am sure you will notice this on your way from the airport to the hotel. And we at Aloft Abu Dhabi are already all looking forward to welcome you back very shortly. See you back soon and best wishes! Rainer
Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

The hotel was a little remote for all my meetings in Abu Dhabi. You need to make sure your meetings are in the same area. Taxi drivers never got us to the correct destination so dont leave the cab until you have checked that it is the correct building. Its clean, modern and decorated in a very masculine style. Its functional and I am sure its really popular. All the male members of staff in my company who stayed there enjoyed the hotel. However as a female my colleague and I found it very clinical and atmosphere-less. Overall its a nice place to stay but not my favourite. Breakfast was a little dissapointing too (sorry).

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Loboscotland
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 3 August 2011
Hi Loboscotland. Thanks for posting this review. We are all glad to read that in general you found our hotel a nice place to stay. Sorry to learn that we were not that close to your meeting venues. With regards to our location, the city of Abu Dhabi is growing to this direction and most of the business districts will be very close to us soon. At this moment we have the convenience of not being directly in the middle of downtown avoiding the usual traffic congestions in the city, and the fact of being just close enough to all major important points like the airport, Yas Island, the Grand Mosque, all major embassies and even downtown is a 15 minute ride. It is a surprise to read that the taxi drivers did not find us, as I am sure 99% of taxis know the hotel, especially when explaining that we are in the Exhibition Centre (ADNEC). We regret that the design, decoration and the breakfast did not match your taste. I do hope that you can contact me so that I can learn with more detail about this. In the meanwhile the whole Aloft Abu Dhabi team hopes that we can still welcome you soon again on your next trip to the UAE. Best wishes. Rainer
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

I stayed a few days in April, had never stayed there before. Good surprise, the rooms are great, the staff very friendly, and the roof and DJ bar great places to socialize after a busy day. I will come back.
I had a couple of issues though: upon arrival, i was told the hotel was full and that I had to be transfered to another Starwood hotel in town. Having scheduled 3 days of interviews and meetings at the hotel, I was very upset and after 30 minutes of protest, I finally got a room... Room service was very slow. I also had problem using the internet and after calling the reception 3 times to get help, I had to go down and shout a bit to get someone's assistance. I will come back in September and hope service has improved

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 30 July 2011
Hello Alex, thank you for posting this review. I am really glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and found that our staff were very friendly. Excellent to see you liked our rooms and you had good socializing time in our roof top lounge bar. Indeed on the mentioned date we experienced a book out situation in the hotel for which I apologize that it inconvenienced you. I do regret it took long to find a solution but I am glad we could accommodate you with us at the end. The issues with the in-room delivery service and the internet have been addressed and taken care of so I am sure that during your next visit in September you will notice a significant improvement. Please do contact me so that I can make the necessary arrangements to make your stay remarkable. Thanks for giving us the chance to welcome you soon back to Aloft Abu Dhabi. Best wishes! Rainer
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

Thanks to Aloft amenities and friendly staff, I and my husband had a great 4 weeks stay in Abu Dhabi. The hotel is fresh, clean, authentic, modern, beautiful.
I had been in other hotels in Abu Dhabi before, but as soon as I visited Aloft (and the wonderful top floor bar & restaurant - Relax@12), we decided to change our stay to Aloft.
The gym and pool facilities are fantastic, top of the line and it added value to our stay.
The breakfast buffet is fantastic, quality food, and good healthy options for the ones who want to take care of your eating habits.
The entertainment options available everyday are very well planned, good taste and fun.
But I cannot forget to praise the amazing staff, and how they really care for making our stay more than excellent.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Hi SV Traveller. Thanks for posting this great review. I have forwarded your comments to the staff as you mention them intensively. You can imagine how flattered they are when learning about such comments of guests. These kind of words showing them recognition for their efforts just make them proud and make them become even friendlier every day. Thank you for deciding to move to our hotel from now on for your long stays. See you back soon and please contact me for your next stay. Best wishes! Rainer