Aloft Abu Dhabi
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
1,075 results
All reviewsrooftop barmai cafeexhibition centrepool partyfifth floorswimming poolattending a conferencereception arearoom servicerooms are spaciousnice poolgrand mosqueenjoyed my stayduty managershort stayupon checkvalet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 April 2012

The Organization I work for won the Sheike Zayed Book Prize for 2011, and we were accommodated in this funky new hotel. I must admit that I'm a traditional kindov guy and don't really go for "trendy" or "cool" when it comes to hotels, but I have to say this place grew on me. Right from the beginning it was great! The elevator has a squishy blue lava floor that always everyone squished with ther feet. I checked in with really please reception staff - I was given a room that didn't have a view (it looked onto an empty parking lot) and because I was staying for a week, I asked to change. Got a new room looking onto the pool (Rm701) and I had to admit, I'm happy I asked for a change. I could look out my window to serif the pool was busy and pop down for some quick sun, or a bit at the pool bar. Room was great with wonderful king bed (but why such a heavy winter duvet?). The bathroom was perfect. White marble and porcelain, the shower was huge! Bliss gel soap and products. Huge TV screen with great movie channels. But I didn't stay much in the room. Whenever I was waiting for colleagues I was always sitting in one of the rocking chairs. In fact I was always in those rocking chairs, they were so comfy! Meals in the restaurant were ok. What's great is tht you could choose from menu or buffet. And even at the buffet you could order "live cooking", as they call it. Oh, the Fosters beer was always pint-sized and cold, just the way I like it. The 12th floor lounge/bar has a great view on the leaning building and was" happening" whenever I went. The pool was a great place for a morning splash.

Stayed: April 2012
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Hi Rivoruss, very neat and nice description of almost our entire property. We want to thank you for posting this review and must say that the team is very happy to read that we have managed to impress someone who normally likes more the traditional touch. The title you have chosen for your review sounds emotional and we do hope that we have now that emotional bond and will have the pleasure to welcome you frequently soon again to our hotel. Best wishes and thanks again! Rainer

Reviewed 4 April 2012

The staff here were great, I had miscalculated my booking and arrived a day late. No problem, they found me a room for the night and even waived the cost of the missed night to my great relief. The room was very well set up and there was a good of options for eating. Recommend this place to anyone wanting to be near the Exhibition Centre.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo

Hi there Nicola R, thanks for quick but great review. We are really glad that you had a enjoyable stay and therefore you recommend our hotel. Please do let us know when you are back, we look forward to welcoming you soon, Best wishes! Rainer

Reviewed 2 April 2012

It's a new hotel in the National Exhibition Centre so it's easy to go to and all the taxis know where it is. The area around the hotel is still a bit of work in progress with construction ongoing as this area is a new development. The hotel is attached to the exhibition centre and is very modern looking. You need to take a lift to the lobby on the first floor and the cicrcular reception counter is just off the lift lobby. The staff are very nice and welcomes you right away. Check-in was quick and I was asked to present my passport and residence visa, normal policy in the UAE. I booked for a splash room (pool view) for one night through Booking.com and it was a good deal and just added a few dollars from the rate of a normal aloft room. It was well worth it as they designed the room in such way that it's almost like a one-bedroom suite. In my room, the toilet/bathroom is to the right and the closet dividing the room affording you a bit of privacy. They have Bliss Spa amenities, complimentary water bottles along with the standard coffee and tea making facilities.

I met with a friend for drinks at Relax@12 and it's a lovely lounge on the 12th floor of the hotel with views of the exhibition centre and beyond. They did the lounge mostly in black with touches of red and gray. There are chairs and couches whichever you'd prefer. They have a good drink selection and they even have buy 1 take 1 promo on mojitos till 7pm, a good way to start the night. The food menu is more Japanese, with starters, even sushi, etc. We chose to share a hot starter platter and it was a big portion that we didn't have room for dinner anymore. The staff were great and very attentive to us but also gave us space when we need to. The only strange thing was, a random guy walked up to us and tried to chat us up and he claimed that he's a supplier of the hotel and asked how our stay was. He's not even a staff there and he came across as abrasive and he asked why we don't have other friends there. We're just visiting here and I guess that's really none of his business. He walked away and came back and said that he forgot to market himself, apparently he's a fitness trainer and yoga instructor and offered free lessons for us when we come back. We politely declined and he left. That was the only thing that we didn't like here.

The front desk staff were very helpful with me too when I needed to have documents copies or printed off and for free. What a treat added to the free hi-speed wifi available throughout the hotel.

I enjoyed my stay here and will definitely come back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Wow GlobetrottingBabe! Impressive review. We are just flattered to receive such fantastic comments from someone who has been in plenty of hotels and reached the Top Contributor level of Trip Advisor. Thank you so much for taking the time, we are really grateful that you had a fantastic stay with us. On that little note about the person who approached you, we just want to assure you that our suppliers are not permitted to approach guests directly and we are very confident to state that this person had nothing to do with the hotel. Brilliant to read that you will definitely come back. The whole team is looking forward to welcome you soon, so please do let us know when your plans bring you back to the capital of the UAE. Best wishes! Rainer

Reviewed 2 April 2012

We chose this hotel because of its affiliation with the W hotels. Our expectations, however, we a little too high.

Arrival
We arrived late at night - after midnight, after a long 14 hr journey from Australia. We had made sure to request a non-smoking room and an extra bed for our son. In return we got a smoking room and had to wait 45 mins for the extra bed, even though we had requested at t he time of booking 3 weeks earlier and also checked by email that it was going to be done (which was confirmed in a response).

The room
- Comfortable, very well sound proofed despite the fact that the hotel is in the middle of a construction site. You can't hear a thing.
- No fresh milk in the fridge and only 2 paper cups for coffee in the room. Only 2 sticks of creamer for coffee. If you run out you can probably call reception, however the number for reception is not mentioned anywhere as there is no information brochure anywhere in the room and the TV portal didn't help either. Coffee's $5 a cup if you purchase it from the lobby...
- Good bathroom, shower's great but toilet runs non-stop. Non-stop sound of water trickling can be annoying if you are trying to fall asleep and forgot to close the bathroom door.
- Fast free wifi internet, although doesn't always allow more than one device connected at the same time.
- Very comfortable bed if you are not sleeping on an extra bed (unless you like sleeping on concrete).

Breakfast
- Very good breakfast with ample choice, however also a little pricey. At $25 a head, it makes a breakfast for 3 a third of the wage of the poor guy digging holes in the construction site the hotel is on.

Swimming pool
- Fantastic swimming pool, which is the highlight of this hotel. However we had to wait until 10am for the pool to open as it was being cleaned.

Gym
- Excellent gym, great equipment, lots of machines

- Room service
Very low standards if you order western food, but you can get fruit and yoghurt at the snack bar in the lobby. The oriental mix grill was very nice, but nachos, burgers or steak sandwich were not very nice at all.
Hot food not available late at night, which we were a little surprised about when we checked in at midnight quite hungry.

Other annoyances
You need to deposit money with reception to be able to charge bills on your room, which is very strange. If you don't do that you need to pay as you go for everything in the hotel, which is very inconvenient if you don't want to be walking around with a stash of cash in your pockets all the time.
My son was excited to see that we could play scalectrix, which would have been quite a cool thing for a hotel to have if it had worked. We had to pay a deposit to use it, there was only one car, and in the end, no one in the hotel managed to make the scalectrix work.

Overall, would we be back? Probably not. I think we'll pay a bit more to get better standards overall. Hotels are about convenience, which Aloft lacks overall. Only rating average because of the swimming pool and the nice staff.

Room Tip: Make sure you're on a non smoking floor. Requesting at the time of booking will not be enough
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank borisjacquin

Dear borisjacquin, thank you for taking the time to post such an extensive review. Although it is pleasant to read that you enjoyed our stunning pool, our comfortable rooms with sound proof windows, our state of the art gym and our friendly staff, we are sorry to read that we were not able to reach your high expectations. We understand that you were expecting the services of the five star W hotels, nevertheless, although being a vision of W hotels for its design and concept of a life style brand, Aloft hotels are four star properties putting a twist on the traditional hotel services. This obviously doesn't justify the errors of assigning the wrong room type and the waiting time for the extra bed which by no means represent the usual high standard of service Aloft Abu Dhabi is normally well known for. It is also unfortunate that the water of the toilet was running continuously. Please accept our sincere apologies for these mishaps. We are also sorry that you had to wait until 10am to enter the pool, indeed there was a special, out of the ordinary, pool treatment to be done on that day. Last but not least the scalectrix should have obviously been working for the children to have some fun. This is now repaired.

The fridges in the rooms are not designed as mini bars but as mini fridges giving the guest the convenience of filling them with their own items or the option of having our delivery service to fill it in with your personal option. This includes fresh milk. As you mention, we offer coffee for a charge at our lobby re:fuel take-away venue however the coffee in the room is complimentary and we are happy to refill it including the coffee creamer. This and any other service of the hotel is available by dialing the Service button on the phone.
The internet allows up to two different free logins per room.
Our breakfast prices are actually below the market prices in our hotel category.
We regret that our extensive room delivery service variety was not of your taste. Our night menu actually includes warm options such as toasted baguettes, pastas, rices, chicken or beef, curries, etc.
With regards to the billing, just as any other international hotel standard, we ask for a method of payment if our guests wish to sign and post their bills to the main room account. This can be done by simply swiping the guest' s credit card upon check-in, however if the guest does not wish this the other option is to leave a cash deposit. Indeed if the guest does not wish to leave any method of payment to be able to charge anything to their account, each restaurant or other service will ask the guest to settle their bill with credit card or cash. I re-iterate that this is a common practice in all major hotel chains.
Thank you once again for your sincere review and we all do hope that despite of the four points that we failed to provide our usual great service, you will give us a chance to welcome you back and change completely your opinion about us showing you why our reviewers at this website post fantastic reviews. Please do contact me personally as I would be delighted to make the necessary arrangements. Best wishes! Rainer

Reviewed 28 March 2012

I've chosen this hotel for allegedly modern and minimalistic design. However, as it is in this region nothing can be simple and classy. I was truly disappointed with design of halls, room (washing basin was in room hall), restaurant, which probably can accommodate 100 of people - the spirit of the concept was completely lost. The only enjoyable place was swimming pool area - specious with modern pool.
The food option was very limited and prices fairly high for the choices given.
Overall, this hotel is definitely not worth of its official rate for a room (we got it on a discount deal).

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mytravelmind

Hello Marrti and thank you for your review. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your time at our fantastic infinity pool, nevertheless we regret that our modern and hip design was not of your taste. It is also unfortunate that you perceived our food options as limited as we have five different food and beverage venues in different indoor and outdoor settings. Further to our prices we believe it is fair to say that we own the most competitive rates vs. hotels of our category in this area of the city. Let's hope that we can have a chance to welcome you back to Aloft Abu Dhabi. Best wishes! Rainer