Aloft Abu Dhabi
Hilton Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)
US$212
US$125
  • Pool
Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$68
US$404
US$313
1,076 results
All reviewsrooftop barmai cafeexhibition centrepool partyfifth floorswimming poolattending a conferencereception arearoom servicerooms are spaciousnice poolgrand mosqueenjoyed my stayduty managershort stayupon checkvalet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I stayed at Aloft in a 'Splash' room (room with a view of the swimming pool) for one night in transit between Sydney and Paris. I arrived at 6am, and the staff were super helpful in suggesting things to do before my room was ready. The place is buzzing all hours of the day, so it's perfect for the jet-lagged or insomniacs! At least while construction is going on the other side of the hotel, I'd recommend a room with a view of the pool (smokers/non-smokers).

The hotel is about a 20 minute drive from the city centre (around 50 dirhams by taxi). They have a free shuttle bus that goes to Marina Mall and back, but you have to book in advance. I don't think the distance is a problem as everything in Abu Dhabi tends to be far apart anyway, you have to get a taxi to wherever you go.

On the other hand, the Grand Mosque is just a 5-10 minute drive away! I'd also recommend you take a half-day Desert Safari, which you can book at the front desk.

Make sure you include breakfast in your stay. Amazing breakfast buffet with views, with guests from all different backgrounds, and very friendly chefs who will gladly listen to even the oddest of orders for an omelette.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the pool are preferred whilst construction is continuing. Make sure you specify smoking / non-smoking.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Hi there BonnieAustralienne. Thanks for taking the time to post this long review. A great one I must say! We are so glad to go through it and learn that your short stay was a very memorable one and that we manage to keep you busy to enjoy some of the highlights of Abu Dhabi. We are always fascinated to have guests repeat about the friendly attitude of our staff. Thank you again for all the flattering comments and we all really hope that your next visit to Aloft Abu Dhabi will be soon. Please let us know when you are back. Best wishes! Rainer

Reviewed 30 December 2012

I stayed in Aloft one night, as I had to leave for the airport quite early and didn't want to drive all the way from Dubai.

The lobby is very nice, it has a very unusual design with a round reception, which I really liked.
It is clear that the hotel is aiming at business travellers, with a 24-hour snack bar (there is no minibar in the room), which is a great concept.
The check-in was friendly and efficient.

I have read in another review that the room was freezing, and I can absolutely confirm this!
It was 18 degrees in my room, and even though I put the AC on 26 degrees, nothing happened. I called the technician, who didn't show up. After 30 minutes, I called again, and he finally came and apologized for the delay. He informed me that there was nothing wrong with the AC, but that he would put the temperature higher from the central system or something like that - I did not understand him completely.
Bottom line: it was still extremely cold.

I needed to work with my laptop, so I asked for an adapter as I forgot mine, but was informed that none was available. I had to call three times and insist that they will bring me one, as I had to work and could not do anything without an adapter! I found it strange that they claim to be a business hotel, but don't have enough adapters. Anyways, after calling a few times it was solved, but I found it a bit unpleasant.

The pool was already in the shadow when I arrived, so I decided not to use it. I just had a snack at the pool bar, which was excellent.
So was the pizza that I had in the WXYZ bar in the evening.
The buffet in the restaurant also looked delicious, but I wasn't that hungry, so I decided not to opt for it, although the price of AED 135 seemed absolutely reasonable (like all the prices in the hotel).

So, the conclusion is: very good value for money, good service with some slight flaws, creative design of lobby and rooms, excellent food, however the location is quite isolated. That didn't matter for me, as I didn't stay there for holidays, but if you are planning to do that, you will have to spend quite some time in taxis.

Room Tip: The pool view is lovely!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2013

Hi there LiChri, it's a long review, so thank you so much for your time. We are always grateful to receive high scores specially coming from a Trip Advisor Senior Contributors. It's great to learn that in general you had short but excellent stay. I am glad you could try most of our facilities and your description of our service, our design and our food being excellent is very flattering.

It does obviously upset me to read about the situation with the A/C and the delivery of the adapter which are by no mean part of our usual efficient service. Apologies for these happenings which have already been addressed. Even though you might have seen the comment with the A/C on another recent review, which is part of the same issue in that particular area of the hotel, you will notice that this specific issue does not appear in none of the other 229 reviews.

I know I have repeated the following description a couple of times so apologies to our Trip Advisor followers, however it is important to correct the remark that our hotel being isolated. The hotel is indeed 15 minutes drive away from downtown. Taxi fares would be 25aed in average (6eur/9usd). Abu Dhabi is now growing towards this area and many businesses are establishing their offices around the entrance to town. The newest and one of the biggest Malls in Abu Dhabi has opened 5 minutes away from us and we do have important landmarks around us such as Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque (5min), all major embassies (2min), Ferrari World (15 min), Yas Marina Circuit (15 min) or the Abu Dhabi Golf Club (10min). As a matter of fact there is plenty to do in the area.

Thank you again for your time, living in Dubai I am sure I will have the chance to meet you and welcome you back to Aloft Abu Dhabi soon enough. Best wishes! Rainer

Reviewed 25 December 2012

Its away from the city. Since it was a Starwood Run property well maintained. swimming pool was good. Not much for breakfast for buffet. Dinner was expensive on alacat menu. But still with low price and good room spacious and view they compensated. I have been awareded with two connecting rooms with price of one. Friendly staff, quite swimming pool. Nice rooftop bar. You may have to depend on hotel transportation to get around or go to the city. Taxi will be hard to find certain time.

Room Tip: Higher floor and cornich view rooms are good
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Shihab K

Hi there 3 more, nice review! Thanks for the high score and for your time, we are glad that you had a great stay. With regards to the dinner cost, our price are actually below the average of hotels and restaurants of our category. Further to our location in Capital Centre (which by the way when finished will be a stunning area with commercial, residential and culinary facilities), where the hotel is located, this is actually not at all outside Abu Dhabi, but in the main island, the area towards the whole city is growth. As it is also known, regardless where you are staying in Abu Dhabi, you need a car unless you are planning to remain in the hotel. This is due to how the city is designed and how the points of interest are spread. We hope you will repeat your visit to Aloft Abu Dhabi, we will be there to welcome you warmly. Best wishes! Rainer

Reviewed 21 December 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel - nice staff - hair in my breakfast but these things happen
Nice sitting upon the roof
Pool not quite right but better than none
Overall a pleasant stop over but prob no more
Nice beer and pies
Close to grand mosque
70 drms from airport in taxi

• Stayed: December 2012

Hello Savageturbo, thank you for posting this review, glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we really appreciate the high score you provided us with. The Aloft Abu Dhabi team looks forward to welcoming you back soon to our hotel. Best wishes! Rainer

Reviewed 15 December 2012

I stayed for 3 nights attending the ESRI UCMEA conference between 9 and 12 of december.
the Hotel is located inside the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Center known as ADNEC or an extension of it. 2minutes walk to the meetings and hall area.

Count , Good service, spacious trendy rooms, very clean, non smoking or smelling rooms, tasty breakfast with lots of choices , very helpfull staff, free WIFI in Rooms and around Lobby , nice view pool side or Exhibition sea side,a variety of nice places to dine or have a drink ....Relax @ 12 or X Y Z...
it is the place to be if you're around the Exhibition center....and dont miss to visit Sheikh Zayed Mosque...Fascinating
i recommend A++++

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Hi there MrTBeirut, we are always fascinated to receive flattering reviews from Trip Advisors Senior Contributors, big thank you for your time! It's just great to read and learn that during your successful business conference stay you were also part of the Aloft vibe and enjoyed the time to explore our chill, hip and trendy facilities. It sounds like this first stay with us was convincing to repeat your visits frequently. Please do let us know when your plans bring you back as it will be our pleasure to welcome you very soon, best wishes! Rainer