“Is it a hotel or a Museum of Modern Art?!”
Review of Aloft Abu Dhabi

Aloft Abu Dhabi
Ranked #49 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Rome, Italy
“Is it a hotel or a Museum of Modern Art?!”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We spent some days in Dubai and just needed a hotel close to Abu Dhabi airport for our early morning flight. However, we were surprised by such an elegant and vibrant hotel. We usually go out for lunch and dinner, but the hotel is so fancy that after arrival we decided to have lunch at Splash, and we came back at hotel even for dinner (we had our car and therefore able to go wherever we wanted to go). Staff is very nice as well both at reception and at restaurants.

Room Tip: rooms ending with 40s have a nice Grand Mosque view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Andreager8
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Hi there Andreager8,

We are so appreciative of the time that you have taken to share your recent experience at Aloft Abu Dhabi especially considering that this is your first review on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us .We are very well- heeled to have a great team at aloft and we will continue to grow in order to give our guests the best experience possible when visiting the hotel. We are also thrilled to hear that you fancied our urban influenced design and decided to spend your day/ evening for a relaxing lunch and dinner at our cafe by the splash pool which is a perfect spot during anytime of the day. I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future, potentially on a purely leisure trip without a stopover component.
kind regards,Rochelle.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Brighouse, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

After a great business stay at the Aloft for 6 weeks during 2012 I decided it would be a great place to combine with Atlantis the Palm for a family winter break away from the incessant British rain. It was like returning to a second home, several staff recognised me during my stay even though I was last here over 16 months ago.

My wife's initial impression that it might be too business like (for our children) when we arrived around 9pm were soon allayed the next morning and greeted by so many welcoming staff at breakfast. After an extensive and huge choice of breakfast our sons saw the pool and everything was even better! Although it mentions there are no lifeguards on duty, the pool staff were always extra vigilant if my sons were in the pool wether I was with them or not, thank you and the poolside "eggs" also made great comfy respite from the sun when required too.

We had a lovely room on the 10th floor (1005) and simply could not ask for more; family friendly, great service from all members of staff, immaculately clean in all areas and great location for the ADNEC, Grand Mosque and airport. Also the beds are still THE most comfortable I have ever slept on.

As previously mentioned if you want to be near the Tourist club area this is a little far out but still only 30AED/£5 in a taxi and Mushrif mall and Al Wahda are close enough. My only disappointment was the Relax open-air rooftop bar on the 12th floor was closed for refurbishment, oh and a little request to the European (mediterranean, most probably Ferrari fans) middle aged men who were there during our stay. Speedos? Really? Come on guys there are so many more flattering styles of swimming trunks available these days! I began to think the hotel were holding some kind of budgie smuggling contest!

So in summary thank you again to the Aloft for a wonderful stay, we will return but will not be packing any Speedos ;)

Room Tip: A pool view can give good views of the city also.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Hello AmmoBirchy,

Thanks a million for your feedback. Your accolades are indeed very much appreciated. We are delighted to hear that your recent stay met your expectations and more. We are also pleased that you received the service we strive for and pride ourselves on. I am glad your wife and kids enjoyed our extensive breezy breakfast buffet and our convivial splash pool. It’s always a pleasure to hear such great reviews from our repeated guests who think of Aloft as nothing less than home .Your kind comments have been passed onto the staff especially at the restaurant and the pool .When it comes to Aloft, I assure you, we always put our guests first and we are glad that you felt your kids were in good hands. We do agree with you in terms of our location but like you’ve stated, we have one of the newest and biggest malls five minutes away from us (Mushariff Mall) and the city is only 15 minutes away. With regards to Relax @ 12 , fear not as our sleek roof top bar is due to open in the coming month of May and is looking forward to treating your tummy to delightful sushi and exotic bites. We continuously strive to exceed our guest expectations and your genuine feedback is a gracious commendation of our team here at Aloft.I will most certainly share this with the entire squad and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Kind regards Rochelle ​.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I stayed in two different rooms during my 2 week stay. When I moved to the 8th floor I was often disturbed by the club on the 12th floor with its thumping music. I also found that the connecting door to the next door room transmitted every noise from the adjacent room. Lots of positive things about the hotel, great breakfast, good selection in the evening buffets. I found the organisation of the staff & service at the pool bar on the 5th floor to be chaotic and inefficient. Lots of staff who for much of the time seemed to be intent on avoiding doing anything constructive, or were unable to be proactive in their tasks. However, the staff in the lobby bar were both helpful and attentive, as were the staff who kept my room. I suffered frustration several times when trying to exit from the multi story car park where barriers would not raise.

Room Tip: If you are noise conscious then avoid a high floor close to the club.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hello kidderminsterkid ,

Thank you very much for your recent feedback posted on trip advisor. I am glad that you enjoyed our breezy breakfast buffet and found our staff in the lobby attentive. Your kind comments have been passed onto the lobby staff .However there are a number of anomalies that you have experienced which we would welcome the opportunity to discuss directly with you. We do handle noise complaints as they occur and I’m confident the issue would’ve been solved immediately had it been addressed. Needless to say, we have discussed your comments with our F and B Team with regards to the organization and the service of the staff at the pool bar and to get to the root cause of these issues. We were admittedly busy during the month of November as we had a big group staying with us for 3 weeks and the pool bar did get busy even throughout the day, evening and late evening.This however, should not impact on other guests' experience as it did yours. We do have a preventative maintenance program which includes checking of the barriers from time to time; however I’m very sorry to hear that you had to face several issues relating to it especially at the exit. I n any case, I would like to sincerely apologize for the less than optimal stay you had and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your revisit. Kind regards Rochelle.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Wow were to start.... from the moment we checked in I can't remember the gentleman name really professional and soooo friendly. The room we were in was on the 6th floor. Fantastic view. The service was 10/10 when ever you need something they would provide you. The breakfast was so good so many to choose from the pool attendce were always friendly and helpful. Re fuel food was above amazing and all the hotel staff was really so friendly and helpful. This wil be definitely be my place for coming back. Would like to thank all the staff at Aloft for making ouer 2 days soooo memorble and special thanks to Josef when we checked out friendly and really did not want to leave your amazing hotel. And marca when we checked in. Thank you all. Wil see you very soon again

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Hi there Cooltravel2014 ,

WOW! We are more than pleased to have such wonderful comments posted on Trip Advisor. I would like to thank you for acknowledging the Hotel's effort in providing you a comfortable stay. We are gratified to receive your kind comments regarding every facet of your stay with us.
I am so glad you received nothing short of excellence from the moment you walked in with a warm and friendly welcome, to the fantastic view overlooking our splash infinity pool , our breezy breakfast buffet and our grab and go (refuel) which kept you energized and good to go.
This is certainly the standard of excellence we strive for. Your benevolent words have been forwarded to Yousef and Marce who were obviously very thrilled to hear them. Thank you once again for sharing your feedback about your stay at Aloft , especially for reassuring us that you will look no further the next time you visit Abu Dhabi. Warm regards ,Rochelle
Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I've visited the hotel on more than one occasion. Staff are super friendly and the rooms are excellent and very well equipped. Although it's a short way out of the city, taxi's are easily available and inexpensive. Love the pool area which is really superb for taking time out when visiting on business.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank lynne073
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Hello Lynne 073,

Thank you very much for choosing Aloft Abu Dhabi and taking your time to provide your valuable feedback. Your compliments are greatly appreciated and we are jubilant that you enjoyed your stay with us .We are also thrilled to learn that you were able to wind down and enjoy our trendy pool and sprawling landscaped deck area. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again for another great experience in the near future. Best wishes, Rochelle
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This is a very nice play to stay once being in Abu Dhabi. It's located in the city center, with easy access to main road network, offering a luxury accommodation for individuals and families as well. The rooms are very well standing. The facilities are also superior, including gym, swimming pool, restaurants, roof garden and many activities. The price also is more than fair.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Hello Inath 123 ,

Further to your great feedback posted on Trip Advisor, the team at Aloft would like to thank you for sharing your experience and for highlighting the wonderful things that made your stay truly enjoyable like our facilities which included our trendy gym, our stunning olive trees landscaped infinity pool and our lived cooked international cuisine at our restaurant. The Hotel truly puts its guests first and we are equally grateful that our guests give us their constructive and valuable feedback. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to our Sassy Savvy Space.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I had stayed here for 1 night, and the location is near to the exhibition center so it makes sense to stay here if you have an event at the center. However, it is far away from downtown. I saw a Carrefour will be opening soon, and a Costa but that is about it. There are other hotels nearby, and the 18 at Hyatt is good place to dine if you want to have a dinner nearby. Otherwise, take a taxi to downtown.

The room was clean and comfortable. Check-in was busy, but the staff does their best. I was confused where was the elevators. I saw huge pillows lying on the floor, and thought that is not where the elevators would be located. Boy!!! was I wrong. I found it odd have the huge pillows laying around the elevators area.

My room was on the 7th flr, and I had the pool view. The view was good. At night you could hear music coming in from the club? I think there was a party going on. The music was so loud but thankfully it became quiet by 11pm.

Overall, not bad. I would stay here if the price is right, and if I have an event.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Hello MzNomad,

I am pleased to read your favorable feedback about your stay. The team works very hard to provide a warm and efficient service to all our guests. Yes you are correct a Carrefour is expected to be up and about in the coming months. Souk Qaryat Alberi is only 10 minutes away which has abundant restaurants. I’m thrilled to learn that you liked our rooms. The huge pillows that you are referring to are the fat boys (bean bags) which go along with the funky and trendy design of the hotel. I am truly sorry about the inconvenience you encountered with regards to the noise. We did have an event take place that night, and I’m positive had it been addressed the problem would’ve been solved without any delay. Having said that our team values all guest feedback and we are delighted that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Best Regards Rochelle