“Modern design and nice stay”
Review of Aloft Abu Dhabi

Aloft Abu Dhabi
Ranked #49 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Cork, Ireland
“Modern design and nice stay”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

It was an overall very good experience to stay in aLoft during our visit to Abu Dhabi. However it is not located in the city centre it was in an equal good distance to all the sights such as the Grand Mosque, the Corniche, the Mangroves, Yas Island and the Airport. Taxis were always available for a very cheap price in the European comparison. The roof terrace with the pool and the trees inside created a special atmosphere, we loved to spend our nights there. Too bad the roof bar is not open for longer! We were not 100% of the cleaning service sometimes it should have been more thorough for that standard. Otherwise everything was really great, we had a nice stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Hello vjanosi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a few words regarding your recent stay at Aloft Abu Dhabi. It is always nice to hear of enjoyable experiences as ultimately this what we strive to achieve. We are thrilled that you took to our refreshing trendy outdoor pool which has a spectacular rooftop setting and sprawling landscaped deck area. We are just a short spin away from the city and like you've mentioned taxis are easily accessible and affordable. I hope that the rest of your visit to Abu Dhabi was enjoyable and that you had a safe and smooth trip back to Ireland. Please let me know if you return to Aloft Abu Dhabi so that I can personally welcome you and make sure that your next experience is just as enjoyable. Kind regards Rochelle.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Dulles, Virginia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Overall great experience. I have stayed at this hotel multiple times and have always been completely satisfied with the facilities and extremely pleased with the attentive and courteous staff. Even when the check in desk is getting busy (with a large group of individuals coming in together) the hotel seems to be on top of everything and will shift people to assist where necessary. My last trip had an individual (Rochelle) who was extremely courteous and helpful with places to see and things to do in the area. One of my co-workers who had a few questions during check-in even received a call later ensuring she was happy with everything. The w xyz bar down at the lobby is a great place to chill for a bit (if you don't want to be outside by the pool bar that is) and even the people working there were very attentive to our needs.
Like I said before, an overall great experience with notable service that I would gladly do again. The expert service received made this outstanding location a place that I highly recommend to anyone that will be in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Hello Travelin28,

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Aloft Abu Dhabi and thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very appreciative of your kind words and I am glad that I was able to make a lasting impression on your stay. Our team is genuinely interested in making sure that all of our guests have a comfortable stay and therefore they will take a great deal of encouragement from your compassionate words which will definitely be passed onto the WXYZ staff. Our squad here has recently spent a lot of time working on their ability to engage more with guests and they very much enjoy this aspect of their jobs. I hope that 2014 brings you many travel adventures that you can share on Trip Advisor with the wider community. More importantly I hope that we can welcome you once again to Aloft Abu Dhabi in the near future. Best wishes Rochelle.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Very nice 4 star hotel. Great service, elaborate breakfast buffet. Housekeeping could do with a little tightening though. Called them 4 times one morning to fix/replace the iron in my room. No one showed up! Had to borrow an iron from a colleague's room!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mufaddal_D
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Hello Mufaddal_D,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Aloft Abu Dhabi. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our extensive breezy breakfast buffet during your stay. I will most certainly pass this feedback on to the F and B team. I am sorry to hear that your experience did not quite live up to expectations with regards to the issue you encountered with the iron. However, I can assure you that as a result of your comments, we will strive harder to improve the product and service that we deliver. Thank you once again for your feedback and I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.Best wishes Rochelle.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The hotel has different options for food and drinks. The sushi place on the 12th floor is amazing for its view and food. Rooms are nice with with good views depending upon the side which you get. Staff are helpful

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fad_leo
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Hi there Fad_leo,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a few words regarding your recent stay at Aloft Abu Dhabi. It is always nice to hear of enjoyable experiences, as ultimately this is what we strive to achieve. I’m glad you enjoyed club So-Hi and we were able to treat your tummy with delightful sushi and exotic bites.
I can see from your profile that you have been fortunate enough to travel extensively around the world and seen some amazing places. I hope that 2014 brings you many more great adventures. I hope that the rest of your visit to Abu Dhabi was enjoyable and that you had a safe and smooth drive back to Dubai. Please let me know if you return to Abu Dhabi so that I can personally welcome you and make sure that your next experience is just as enjoyable. Kind regards Rochelle.
Abuja, Nigeria
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Travelling to Abu-Dhabi for the first time and staying in this Hotel change my perspective of how customers to any Hotel should be treated. from the checking-in to check-out everything just beautiful.

Room Tip: Rooms by the corner give you more privacy.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Hello Bolaji O,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Aloft Abu Dhabi. We love having visitors from overseas and I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience.Thank you for your feedback regarding the team at the hotel, we are very fortunate to have such amazing people to work with and I know that they take a great deal of satisfaction from the feedback received.I hope that you have an amazing Easter with your family and friends and that the Easter Bunny is very generous. All the very best and we look forward to welcoming you back to Abu Dhabi in the hopefully not too distant future.
Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Straight away from check in, Aloft Abu Dhabi was exceptional! Great vallet parking and concierge service. Knowledgable staff. Lovely clean rooms with swanky shower area.
The pool area on the 5th floor is fabulous! Utter relaxation! Chilled out music plays while you sun yourself or splash about in the swanky, elegant pool. The pool area bar staff are friendly, polite and very helpful. Very on the ball with bar to sun lounger drinks service! Brilliant! Lovely menu and very good value. I particulary recommend the frozen lemon and mint drink they serve! Wow on a blazing hot day! Next time I stay in Abu Dhabi, its gotta be the A loft!

• Stayed April 2014
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Hi there Weepumpkin89,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience at Aloft Abu Dhabi. I am glad to hear that your stay was a pleasurable experience and that the staff were attentive to your needs .We are very elated to hear that you enjoyed your spacious loft inspired rooms and swanky refreshing outdoor pool . It is always nice to read comments regarding our team offering friendly and helpful service. Our interaction with guests is definitely the most enjoyable part of our job and therefore it is very gratifying to hear that we have made a difference. I know that our team will very much appreciate your kind words and will strive to deliver a consistently high level of service .I also would like to express our gratitude for your generous appreciation of our splash pool and the service it entails .It’s great to hear that our theme nights were able to vibe up your stay even further and create the ultimate backdrop for a stunning evening at Aloft Abu Dhabi .I trust that you had a smooth trip back and now that you’ve mentioned that you will no further the next time your travel plans bring you back to Abu Dhabi my squad and I look forward to meeting you soon .Best wishes Rochelle
Athens
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stay away from this place! You think it's cheap, but it is actually very expensive for what it offers. Totally incompetent staff, always smiling because they have no clue! Try to call the reception, nobody answers. Try to get an outside toll free line, phones do not work. Mediocre food at the restaurants. Have them do your laundry, they will always bring it late in the evening no matter how early you drop it off. if they do not lose.... they lost mine! A disaster.... total lack of organization, competence, management. To top it off, there is nothing to do in the area other than take a taxi and travel many km to go to another hotel...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear GeorgeNikolaou, I would firstly wish to thank you for taking the time for share your comments about your experience in our hotel. It is of course disappointing to read that we failed on this occasion to provide the excellent level of service we strive for and are usually well known for and therefore your review and scoring obviously defers completely to all the excellent ones we usually receive. We regret having given you reasons to get the wrong perception about the efficiency of our staff. We note that the two issues causing the frustration are the technical problems with the phone lines, and the misplacement of your laundry, which of course is unacceptable and we sincere apologize for these mishaps which do not adhere at all to the high level of standards and services we are known for. As you have been informed by our Duty Manager, your laundry has been recovered and sent via express courier to your home address. With regards to the food in our hotel I will be glad to call you and get details of your opinion of why it did not match your taste. Further to our location, the city has grown to our side and you find all sort of businesses and attractions around here. The newest and one of the biggest Malls in Abu Dhabi has opened 5 minutes away from us (Mushrif Mall) and we do have important landmarks around us such as Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque (5min), all major embassies (2min), Ferrari World (15 min), Yas Water World (15 minutes), Yas Marina Circuit (15 min) or the Abu Dhabi Golf Club (10min). As a matter of fact there is plenty to do in the area. Downtown Abu Dhabi is only 15 to 20 minutes away and with the airport at just 15 minutes away we can say that we are actually close to most important landmarks. I will be delighted to call you and show you we care a lot and take your comments very seriously. I truly hope that despite of the wrong impression taken you will give us the chance to welcome you back to Aloft Abu Dhabi so that we can regain your trust and show you what Aloft service is truly all about. Thank you once again and best wishes! Rainer