“Convenient for Conference Centre”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Aloft Abu Dhabi

Aloft Abu Dhabi
Ranked #46 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Horley, England, United Kingdom
“Convenient for Conference Centre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Spent 5 nights at the Aloft as attending a conference at the ADNEC centre adjoining the hotel. Rooms modern and well laid out. Bed extremely comfortable. I had a room on the 8th floor which was very quiet. Breakfast included and good with a very wide selection of dishes available. The hotel has 3 bars-lobby, pool on the 5th floor and 12th floor nightclub. The service at the pool bar is extremely slow-we regularly waited for over 10mins for a beer to arrive after ordering. The lobby bar or 12th floor are much quicker. The bar food available is perfectly adequate and there is a good variety of choice on the menu.
I would recommend this hotel for any business at the ADNEC conference centre, but there is nothing to do around the hotel. That said, taxis are cheap and reliable and will take you anywhere you want to go in Abu Dhabi

Room Tip: As stated in other reviews, rooms on the 5th and 11th floors could be noisier due to being near the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Hi there Alan C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Aloft Abu Dhabi . I am very pleased to read that you found the hotel to be extremely enjoyable. Most importantly it is always pleasing to see that your sleep quality was rated so high. I am content to read that you found the bed to be so on edge and that it helped you rest up after a busy day at the conference. Further to our location, the city has grown to our side and you find all sorts of businesses and attractions around here. The newest and one of the biggest Malls in Abu Dhabi has opened 5 minutes away from us (Mushrif Mall) and we do have important landmarks around us such as Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque (5min), all major embassies (2min), Ferrari World (15 min), Yas Water World (15 minutes), Yas Marina Circuit (15 min) or the Abu Dhabi Golf Club (10min). As a matter of fact there is plenty to do in the area. Downtown Abu Dhabi is only 15 to 20 minutes away. Admittedly we were busy due to the conference; Needless to say, we have discussed your comments with our F and B Team with regards to the organization and the service of the staff at the pool bar and to get to the root cause of these issues. Thank you again for your feedback. I hope that you enjoyed the remainder of your trip to Abu Dhabi and that you were able to get some time for sightseeing in between conference meetings. I very much look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future. Warm regards, Rochelle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed at Aloft Abu Dhabi for 10 days the end of April/beginning of May. The hotel staff were fantastic, taking very good care of my mother's needs, including securing a wheelchair rental for me. The hotel atmosphere is very colorful and fun.
*Liked best - the accessible room was very spacious and comfortable; the reception and concierge staff were very helpful and answered many pre-visit emails promptly and professionally; the onsite dining and drinks options were great
*Liked least - n/a
I highly recommend this Aloft hotel for anyone attending conferences or exhibitions at ADNEC.

Room Tip: Accessible rooms are spacious and near elevators.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Hello ReeRee Rocks,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Aloft Abu Dhabi. I hope that your conference was a successful one .I am so pleased to read that you and your mother enjoyed your stay over the conference period. Aloft Abu Dhabi does bring a new twist to the Abu Dhabi hotels and I am so happy to hear that you liked our ultra-spacious comfy rooms. Our team are genuinely interested in making sure that all of our guests have a comfortable stay and therefore they will take a great deal of encouragement from your kind words . Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I can't wait for the next time that we welcome you and your family back to the hotel. Kind regards Rochelle.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

My experience at aloft Abu Dhabi was great, but I found that ones level of satisfaction was directly tied to whom they interacted with in the staff. For instance, I was checked in by a fantastic employee Rochelle who explained everything to me. My colleague was checked in by another girl and and walked away confused and with no information about what was included with our room packages. Rochelle spent the rest of my 2 week stay checking in on us, asking if there is anything we needed, and was spot on with all her recommendations. Truly a shining star and my interaction with her made me feel at home and taken care of.

The serving and bar staff overall was good, but again hit or miss. I either had a great experience with attentive staff, or a poor experience with staff that seemingly ignored me until i flagged them down for service... even though it was clear they weren't doing anything else. Becky in the buffet dining hall was our saving grace though as she was kind, courteous, and was really on top of her stuff.

Overall a great experience mixed with outstanding and below average. If the hotel had more people like Rochelle and Becky the sky would be the limit.

Long story short, Seek out Rochelle and Becky and your stay will be awesome.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed really nice
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Hello TimC,

Further to your great comments posted on Trip Advisor, I am pleased that you found your stay at Aloft Abu Dhabi to be most enjoyable. We are certainly pleased to have won your approval .I am grateful for your kind words and that I was able to provide you with such tailored service .Your generous comments have been passed onto Becky who was very thrilled to hear them. I am equally disappointed to learn that the service wasn’t a 100 percent. Your comments have been well noted and we will endeavor to resolve these issues immediately. Winning our guests’ approval is paramount to us and we are certainly delighted that you took the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We hope you will consider staying with us once again when your travels bring you back to Abu Dhabi in the near future. Kind regards, Rochelle
quito
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Modern and good hotel perfect if you are in this area to attend an event at the exhibition center..but this is not an hotel for tourist to stay and visit abudhabi ..in this case I would recommend a distinct location since there is not much in the immediate vicinity.
Good bedroom clean and silent. Excellent breakfast, and quite a good spot near the swimming pool area for dining..when the weather is cool enough.
Good attention from the staff.
But be carefull with the exit bill...I booked initially a room with option breakfast plus high speed internet and while exiting they made a mistake on the bill..trying to recharge for the internet ..which is by itself quite expensive. I have a VPN system on my pc to be able to connect for instance Netflix...the hotel firewall block any VPN session ...this is very bad.
I did not like the GYM ...which is ridiculously small ..you wont be able to use the machine at peak time... it is not convenient and not properly planned since most of the visitor are mid age man coming to the adnec and thus with a high percentage practicing sport.
Good parking connected to the hotel, and free of charge.

Room Tip: Ask for a view above the pool
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Hi there ProfesorX,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Aloft Abu Dhabi. We really appreciate your kind words and are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I’m pleased to hear that you took to our extensive breezy buffet, your benevolent words will definitely be passed onto our chefs who do a great job in the kitchen. Further to our location, the city has grown to our side and you find all sorts of businesses and attractions around here. The newest and one of the biggest Malls in Abu Dhabi has opened 5 minutes away from us (Mushrif Mall) and we do have important landmarks around us such as Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque (5min), all major embassies (2min), Ferrari World (15 min), Yas Water World (15 minutes), Yas Marina Circuit (15 min) or the Abu Dhabi Golf Club (10min). As a matter of fact there is plenty to do in the area. Downtown Abu Dhabi is only 15 to 20 minutes away and with the airport at just 15 minutes away we can say that we are actually close to most important landmarks. I am very sorry that the internet issue you encountered upon check out overshadowed the remainder of your experience at the hotel. Having said that we do have one of the trendiest gyms in Abu Dhabi, we’ve got a full cardio collection, stationary bikes, treadmills and elliptical machines from life Fitness; unfortunately it was admittedly busy because of the conference. I can assure you that we have identified areas in which we could streamline this service even further in order to cater for unprecedented demand. I hope that you were able to enjoy aspects of the Abu Dhabi Precinct during your visit and that it wasn't all business. Once again, thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review about the hotel and I look forward to your next road trip down from Quito. Please feel free to contact me directly if you do return so that I can welcome you in person. Warm regards, Rochelle.
Brighton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I visited the hotel when there was no exhibition at the Centre. The hotel does try to be different but the point of differences seem to have no real purpose other than be different. Ie scatter cushion in the hall, a billiard table off the reception !
I liked the concept of the " snack bar " near the reception. The room was very functional and the Wi-Fi was free.
I was on business and had a hire car so transport was not a problem.
The restaurant allowed me to buy a bottle of wine which I had over 2 nights. The food menu was very good and the the extensive and attractive evening buffet looked very good..
Very interesting " drop " squeezers for the olive oil and balsamic.
Reception and free valet parking was excellent.
I booked 1 night and stayed 2.
So, in conclusion, the price was very competitive ( on line ), I would definitely stay again and I have no reservations about recommending the hotel although the above review could change during an exhibition.

Room Tip: There is a relatively new shopping mall some 5 minutes by taxi from the hotel,
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Hello Akroo1,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at Aloft Abu Dhabi. I am glad to hear that your stay was a pleasurable experience and that the reception and valet staff were attentive to your needs. The attractive extensive buffet at our restaurant dine is definitely the real deal, with live-cooked international-style cuisine. And I’m glad you were able to pop in whether it was for a breezy breakfast, light lunch, or leisurely dinner to dine. I’m thrilled to hear that you liked our concept of Refuel our self- serve gourmet eatery full of mix and match meals, salads, sandwiches, make your own cappuccinos and snacks galore. I do hope that you were able to get some relaxing time during your stay. With regards to the prices of the rooms , there are many great specials to take advantage of throughout the year at the hotel, especially on weekends without major events. Thank you again for your feedback and for reassuring us that you will look no further the next time you visit Abu Dhabi. Warm regards, Rochelle
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

fantastic interior , quality of room is also nice, a bit small as compare to other i have had stayed. food quality also good, roof top open restaurant is very pleasant , in u can ADNEC center so you can walk after a hectic schedule,

Room Tip: Rooms in front of roof top restaurant are nice
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Hello ArpanMehta2005,

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Aloft Abu Dhabi and thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I’m glad you liked our swanky décor, our extensive attractive buffet and our outdoor roof top café by the pool. You are right, we are set in ADNEC and Aloft creates the ideal hub for your business meetings and events in Abu Dhabi.
If you do end up re-visiting Aloft Abu Dhabi in the near future, please contact me so that I can thank you in person for your generous review. Thank you again for your very kind words and I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future .Kind regards, Rochelle.
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed at the ALOFT hotel as our meetings took place at the ADNEC convention center, this made it very convenient for our delegates to walk accross and attend sessions.
The hotel is nice and clean with friendly staff at the front desk and in the restaurant.
Great pool on the 5th floor, the hotel is very near a good mall - Mushrif mall - for all your quick shopping experience.

Best part is that hotel offers free wifi - this was great for our big group of delegates. Thanks.

My thanks to the duty manager - the Spanish "magic-maker" for helping to drive my KOL's and I in the golf car over to the ADNEC one evening. My thanks to the Ugandan girl Carolyne, girl from Phillipine - Marce, TEXAS (knowledgeable man from Nigeria), Abdulla for all their help. A special thanks to OMAR in the restaurant for making my dinner experience nice with a great cup of "real chai" and not forgetting the Irish girl in the restaurant for allowing me to eat even though restaurant was about to close for the evening.

Thanks to you all for making my stay at the ALOFT a pleasant experience. I hope to come back for a private visit one day. Until then, keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Stay here if you are having meetings at the ADNEC, choose a room with the view of the ADNEC and seav...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Hello Genocks,

I am eternally grateful for your kind words about the hotel and the team. We are delighted of having guests who value our efforts in making each guests stay a memorable experience and share this in such stunning reviews. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your visit to Abu Dhabi including your stay at the hotel. We appreciate having guests like you , as it gives us a great opportunity to get to know you better and from your review and kind words about the staff ,looks like you’ve gotten to know a few of us better too. Your lovely comments have definitely been passed on to Marce, Caroline, Becky ,Texas, Omar and yes like you’ve stated not to mention our Spanish magic maker Santos and I’m pretty sure that name’s going to catch on. I am glad to hear that you liked the location and decor of the hotel. I hope that your conference was a successful one and it was a pleasure having you with us . Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Aloft Abu Dhabi and I cannot express enough how grateful we are. I do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. Warm regards, Rochelle.