“Great place to stay if you have something at ADNEC”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Aloft Abu Dhabi

Aloft Abu Dhabi
Ranked #47 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
“Great place to stay if you have something at ADNEC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed here when we had a layover in Abu Dhabi - id been to the hotel before but never stayed in it - they used to have a nice rooftop bar when i lived there - dont know if its still working. The hotel is right next to ADNEC exhibition center so its a perfect location if you have an event there. Also its not too central so it makes it easier to get on the highway to get to the airport. Sheikh Zayed Mosque is also closer to Aloft than other hotels. Check in was easy, we requested a bed for our son and that was brought to the room immediately. The hotel has a fun colorful vibe to it - huge bean bags and colorful elevator floors that are filled with liquid. We didnt have time for breakfast when we left the next morning. Overall it was a pleasant stay

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Hello Possiblebliss,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a few words regarding your recent stay at Aloft Abu Dhabi. It is always nice to hear of enjoyable experiences as ultimately this what we strive to achieve. With regards to Relax @ 12 , fear not as our sleek roof top bar is due to open mid-September and is looking forward to treating your tummy to delightful sushi and exotic bites. We are just a short spin away from the city and like you've mentioned yes the Iconic Sheikh Zayed Mosque is easily accessible. We are gratified to receive your kind comments regarding every facet of your stay with us and We are also thrilled to hear that you fancied our urban influenced design .I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future, potentially on a purely leisure trip without a stopover component. Kind regards Rochelle.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great pool area, breakfast and modern rooms. A bit far from downtown, but right next to ADNEC and closer to Yas Island and the airport. Top floor bar has great views, sushi and a decent ladies night. Recommend it!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Hello Michefoley,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Aloft Abu Dhabi. I am very pleased to read that you found the hotel to be well located. I will also make sure that I pass on your feedback about our roof top club (so-hi) meals to the kitchen, as they take a great deal of pride in what they do. Thank you again for your feedback and I really hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future. Kind regards, Rochelle.
Zurrieq, Malta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Very Good location if you are attending a conference at the ADNEC like I did, 2 minutes walk..
Modern rooms and very comfortable
Breakfast - SUPERB, included very wide selection of international dishes....
Pool on the 5th floor
The only problem I had was the room wi-fi.

I recommend this hotel for any business at the ADNEC conference center,

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Hi there CatherineL,

Further to your recent review posted on trip advisor, I am so pleased you found the hotel’s location convenient to your needs, Yes you are right ,Aloft is set right in Adnec(Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre ) which creates an ideal hub for your business meetings and events. Im glad you were able to enjoy a sumptuous array of an extensive breezy international breakfast buffet . I’m sure the chefs will be very thrilled to hear this as they do a great job in the kitchen. Thank you once again for your kind words and we do look forward to welcoming you back to our Sassy Savvy Space.
warm regards, Rochelle.
Fort Worth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Location:
Right next to ADNEC conference center.

Getting to Hotel from Airport:
Airport taxi took 25 mins cost 62 AED.

Check-In:
Short wait. Circular reception area prevents efficient queuing.

Elevators:
Fast. But sometimes unpredictably will cancel your selected floor and head in the opposite direction.

Room:
Originally assigned a non-smoking room on the 7th floor but as soon as I walked in I smelled prior smoking. Went back to reception and got a non-smoked in room 1026.
Smelled very clean.
Large sized.
Not close to elevators.
Practical functional furnishings.

Desk:
Large wooden optical mouse friendly surface.
Desk lamp with strong light.
Power sockets accepting US and Europe plugs at desk height.

Desk Chair:
Adjustable. But did not rise very much. Had to sit on a pillow to be comfortable for work.

Phones:
Speaker phone on desk.
Phone bedside.
Phone in bathroom but did not work.

Internet in Room:
Wireless.
Good speed.
Included in room rate.

Room Lighting:
Ceiling lights.
Bedside lamps.

Closet, Drawer and Cabinet Space:
3 drawers and 3 shelves under tea service cabinet.
Large sized closet.

Safe:
Yes – large enough for laptop.

Couch:
Small chair and sitting area under TV.

TV:
Medium wall mounted LCD.
Several channels including CNN and BBC.

Windows:
Two large windows.
Retractable blinds very efficient at blocking sunlight.

Balcony:

Bidet.
Good lighting.
Basic amenities.
Water pressure strong.
Hot water always available.
No heated mirror.

Firm mattress.
Very comfortable.
Very clean.

Room Cleanliness:
Daily service kept room very clean.

Air Conditioning/Heating:
Very effective at making room cold.

Alarm Clock and Wakeup:
Wake up calls were sometimes on time but never more than 15 minutes late.

Turn Down Service:

Tea and Coffee in room:
Yes. Complimentary.

Complimentary Drinking Water:
Yes, two or more bottles daily.

Fridge:
Yes. Was not working at first but after I advised reception it was replaced with a working one.

Microwave Oven:

Room Service:
Did not use.
Quick snack bar near reception convenient for picking up food in a hurry.

Breakfast:
Extensive and good quality buffet included in room rate.

Restaurant:
Extensive and good quality buffet for dinner.

Laundry Service:
Unreliable.

Iron:

Trouser Press:

Robe:

Slippers:

Umbrella:

Morning Newspaper at Door:
No, but available near reception.

Gym:
Yes. Did not use.

Running Path:
Too hot to explore a running path.

Pool:
Good for 25m length lap swimming when not many people at pool.
Very clean and comfortable pool area.
On night of pool party got very busy and loud.

Steam Room:

Sauna:

Parking:
Did not use.

Staff:
Very friendly and polite but not always helpful.
Due to operator communicating the wrong closing time for breakfast unnecessarily lost an hour of sleep.
Due to the staff incorrectly communicating which day the pool will be closed and which day not did not use the pool on the day it really was open believing it was closed.
Despite operator twice confirming laundry will be picked up from room before 1000, it was not and had to get manager involved to retrieve my laundry. The manager tried to make up for this by comping my laundry.
Had to ask reception to ask housekeeping to replenish amenities after a few days.
It looked like management has to make an extra effort to correct for the deficiencies in communication.
Concierges were very helpful in getting lost luggage from British Airways to the hotel.

Check Out:
Fast. Friendly.

Short wait for taxi to leave.

Room Tip: High rooms facing ADNEC get less swimming pool noise.
2 Thank ymff
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Hello ymff,

Thank you very much for your recent review posted on trip advisor. We very much appreciate all of the feedback that we receive and will continue to improve as a result of your comments. I am glad you found the location of the hotel was convenient to your needs while in Abu Dhabi. Aloft is set right in ADNEC (Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre) and is just a short spin away from AUH airport. I am gratified that you liked our concept of the grab and go Refuel which is full of mix and match meals and snacks galore. I am also pleased that you were able to feel the buzz of our open kitchen and boost your energy with our extensive breezy breakfast buffet at Dine . I am very sorry with regards to the laundry ordeal you had to go through. While it was indeed a very busy time of the year for the precinct due to the conference, there is no excuse for this sequence of events that took place during your stay here .I am truly remorseful that your room amenities were not replaced in time and then was still not done so to our usual standard. I can assure you that I will address this with our housekeeping team in order to minimize the possibility of a reoccurrence. It is nice to read that the team was very friendly during your stay, as this speaks to their character and endeavor to make all of our guests happy. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I am very sorry that on this occasion we did not deliver the level of service and convenience that we are accustomed to providing. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Kind regards Rochelle.
Horley, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Spent 5 nights at the Aloft as attending a conference at the ADNEC centre adjoining the hotel. Rooms modern and well laid out. Bed extremely comfortable. I had a room on the 8th floor which was very quiet. Breakfast included and good with a very wide selection of dishes available. The hotel has 3 bars-lobby, pool on the 5th floor and 12th floor nightclub. The service at the pool bar is extremely slow-we regularly waited for over 10mins for a beer to arrive after ordering. The lobby bar or 12th floor are much quicker. The bar food available is perfectly adequate and there is a good variety of choice on the menu.
I would recommend this hotel for any business at the ADNEC conference centre, but there is nothing to do around the hotel. That said, taxis are cheap and reliable and will take you anywhere you want to go in Abu Dhabi

Room Tip: As stated in other reviews, rooms on the 5th and 11th floors could be noisier due to being near the...
Hi there Alan C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Aloft Abu Dhabi . I am very pleased to read that you found the hotel to be extremely enjoyable. Most importantly it is always pleasing to see that your sleep quality was rated so high. I am content to read that you found the bed to be so on edge and that it helped you rest up after a busy day at the conference. Further to our location, the city has grown to our side and you find all sorts of businesses and attractions around here. The newest and one of the biggest Malls in Abu Dhabi has opened 5 minutes away from us (Mushrif Mall) and we do have important landmarks around us such as Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque (5min), all major embassies (2min), Ferrari World (15 min), Yas Water World (15 minutes), Yas Marina Circuit (15 min) or the Abu Dhabi Golf Club (10min). As a matter of fact there is plenty to do in the area. Downtown Abu Dhabi is only 15 to 20 minutes away. Admittedly we were busy due to the conference; Needless to say, we have discussed your comments with our F and B Team with regards to the organization and the service of the staff at the pool bar and to get to the root cause of these issues. Thank you again for your feedback. I hope that you enjoyed the remainder of your trip to Abu Dhabi and that you were able to get some time for sightseeing in between conference meetings. I very much look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future. Warm regards, Rochelle
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed at Aloft Abu Dhabi for 10 days the end of April/beginning of May. The hotel staff were fantastic, taking very good care of my mother's needs, including securing a wheelchair rental for me. The hotel atmosphere is very colorful and fun.
*Liked best - the accessible room was very spacious and comfortable; the reception and concierge staff were very helpful and answered many pre-visit emails promptly and professionally; the onsite dining and drinks options were great
*Liked least - n/a
I highly recommend this Aloft hotel for anyone attending conferences or exhibitions at ADNEC.

Room Tip: Accessible rooms are spacious and near elevators.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Hello ReeRee Rocks,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Aloft Abu Dhabi. I hope that your conference was a successful one .I am so pleased to read that you and your mother enjoyed your stay over the conference period. Aloft Abu Dhabi does bring a new twist to the Abu Dhabi hotels and I am so happy to hear that you liked our ultra-spacious comfy rooms. Our team are genuinely interested in making sure that all of our guests have a comfortable stay and therefore they will take a great deal of encouragement from your kind words . Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I can't wait for the next time that we welcome you and your family back to the hotel. Kind regards Rochelle.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

My experience at aloft Abu Dhabi was great, but I found that ones level of satisfaction was directly tied to whom they interacted with in the staff. For instance, I was checked in by a fantastic employee Rochelle who explained everything to me. My colleague was checked in by another girl and and walked away confused and with no information about what was included with our room packages. Rochelle spent the rest of my 2 week stay checking in on us, asking if there is anything we needed, and was spot on with all her recommendations. Truly a shining star and my interaction with her made me feel at home and taken care of.

The serving and bar staff overall was good, but again hit or miss. I either had a great experience with attentive staff, or a poor experience with staff that seemingly ignored me until i flagged them down for service... even though it was clear they weren't doing anything else. Becky in the buffet dining hall was our saving grace though as she was kind, courteous, and was really on top of her stuff.

Overall a great experience mixed with outstanding and below average. If the hotel had more people like Rochelle and Becky the sky would be the limit.

Long story short, Seek out Rochelle and Becky and your stay will be awesome.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed really nice
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Hello TimC,

Further to your great comments posted on Trip Advisor, I am pleased that you found your stay at Aloft Abu Dhabi to be most enjoyable. We are certainly pleased to have won your approval .I am grateful for your kind words and that I was able to provide you with such tailored service .Your generous comments have been passed onto Becky who was very thrilled to hear them. I am equally disappointed to learn that the service wasn’t a 100 percent. Your comments have been well noted and we will endeavor to resolve these issues immediately. Winning our guests’ approval is paramount to us and we are certainly delighted that you took the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We hope you will consider staying with us once again when your travels bring you back to Abu Dhabi in the near future. Kind regards, Rochelle