“great hotel with high standard amenities”
Review of Aloft Abu Dhabi

Aloft Abu Dhabi
Ranked #48 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“great hotel with high standard amenities”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

stayed here with friends for a day over the weekend and we really enjoyed it. The rooms are spacious , clean and the bed is really comfortable. we also tried the food from the 24 hour food shop area downstairs and it was good for late night snacks. I really liked that the room had HDMI ports to connect to the TV which was useful for watching films from a laptop. Staff was great but were a bit overwhelmed when it came to checkout. the only thing with this hotel is that its locations was a little far from the major attractions and was a little hard to find at first but that wasn't a big deal

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JohnDoe9222
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Hi JohnDoe9222,

Thanks for your review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, as well as our in room plug & play ports and late night snack offerings. We're also appreciative of your patience with us when checking out. We're an ideal location for business travelers as we're connected to the ADNEC exhibition centre but we are glad our location did not hinder your from enjoying your stay too much.
We hope to see you again here at Aloft Abu Dhabi.

Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very modern and trendy, they got pools table in the lobby and some iPads for guests to use. The queen twin bed room is very spacious for a family with kids. The swimming pool seems nice, it has some trees inside it. The size of the rooms is very good. They have plenty of electricity sockets which is great so you can charge all the devices at once. The bed is comfortable. The toilet and shower area are spacious and the shower has a shampoo and bath gel dispensers. They don't have bein sport channel in the rooms which is a big disadvantage however they have it in the lobby bar. Don't stay in the fifth floor since it has food smell in the corridors due the existence of restaurant in the same floor I guess. When I checked in, the room's AC wasn't on and it had a bad smell. Over all it was a nice stay and I would stay there again certainly.

Stayed August 2014
Rochelle P, Public Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Hi 7oussam,

Thank you very much for your review of Aloft Abu Dhabi. We're happy to hear you and your family enjoyed our hotel's amenities and features. We apologize for the bad smell and lack of AC in your room. There were technical issues during this time but we have attended to it. We will also take into consideration about the smell on the 5th floor and see what we can do. We hope to have these cleared up so that you have the best experience the next time you stay with us. In the meantime, please feel free to stop by and enjoy the sports channel at the lobby bar as well as the pool tables anytime. Your family is always welcome here.

Best regards
Zülpich
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed for one night in this hotel. I booked it because it is in a good location if you want to go see Abu Dhabi and surroundings. The parking is valet but for hotel guests free, thats a big plus, as you don't have to search for a parking lot.
The checkin was rather weird, we got greeted and after I showed my SPG card I was told to book over the SPG site directly in order to get more points, as it does not matter how much the price would be. The way of saying this was really rude.
Every question I had was noted with rolling eyes or a funny smile, not really what I expect of a receptionist at a hotel this kind...
Once in the room, we noticed that the bathroom seemed rather wet than dry, but did not pay more attention to it, as we thought it just got cleaned.
The room provides free WLAN and two bottles of water for free.
While getting ready for the evening I noticed that the tables next to the windows were sticky and dirty and not cleaned at all.
After two people showering we noticed the mold in the shower in the corners and the funny smell coming from the shower room (as it is separated with a sliding door from the open bathroom).
We packed our things and left for our evening plans. Once we returned (5hrs later) we noticed that now the dampness has spread all over the tiles on the floor, everything was wet, the dampness also felt on the bedsheets and pillows. This was not a dampness like just occured but really damp like it has been for some days already.
Sleeping comfort was not really given due to the dampness in the air, the AC did not help with this so we shut it off, not to get a cold from all this wet air.

The receptionist the next day was more friendly than the evening before and the valet parking outside worked as well.

Because of the other reviews we maybe just had a bad room for a low price but still this is no way of treating a customer...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Hello Carramba89,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at Aloft Abu Dhabi. I’m glad you found the location expedient to your needs and yes, we do have free valet parking for our guests. I am sincerely sorry that your experience was overshadowed by the service at the front desk and a room which you felt was below our high standards we normally uphold. I believe what my colleague was trying to put forth with regards to the website was that reservations made through our SPG website or the hotel website are eligible for points. Having said that we do have our very own SPG App which is synced with your SPG account and delivers quick access to the information you need, when you need it and at any point during your journey. I do apologize if the same wasn’t put across to you upon check in. Unfortunately I believe that this was a simple case of miscommunication rather than intentional. I can assure you that I will address this with the front office team in order to minimize the possibility of a reoccurrence. The condition of your room is very unusual for us at Aloft and like you’ve noticed from other reviews our sleep quality is always highly rated. While this is very much an isolated incident, I completely agree with you that it is unacceptable that such issues interrupt your stay and I can assure you that I will look into the cause of the disruptions. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I am sincerely sorry that we did not fulfill our objective of a comfortable night sleep on this occasion. I do hope that we can one day welcome you back to the hotel and demonstrate the level of service that we are more accustomed to providing. Best Wishes, Rochelle.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for just a night but I must say that this hotel got what it takes to go head to head with the big players! Service was great at the wxyz bar with Lileth taking good care of us. The pool was amazing! Love that u can access the wifi at the pool for a great picture moment with friends. Great job to everyone!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Hi there Rairo1986 ,

It's fantastic that you made the time to enjoy your night away at Aloft Abu Dhabi and we loved having you stay with us. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I will make sure that the team especially Lilet jump on line and read your kind words, as they work very hard to accommodate all of our guests in a welcoming and inviting manner. Thank you again for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Aloft and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel for some more incredible moments with your family and friends .Best Wishes , Rochelle.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 14 August 2014

On our second visit Rochelle Padwall made sure that our stay was perfect. On our first stay we had a room overlooking the pool. We checked in on the Thursday night and were not told of the pool party that occurred on the Friday night. It was very noisy we didn't get any sleep till rather late. We mentioned this to Rochelle, she was most apologetic and when we returned she made sure our stay was perfect. Our experience was made better on our second stay by Rochelle Padwal. She is an asset to your company. Warm, friendly and caring. We communicated with her by email and she made sure our return stay was perfect.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Hello Luisa Z,

I am so appreciative that you have taken the time to share your experience at Aloft Abu Dhabi. We are always pleased to read that our guests have had a comfortable stay and that our service has had a positive impact. I hope you enjoyed travelling the opportunity to see part of the UAE. I am so flattered to hear your nice comments and so pleased your stay was perfect the second time round. You are from a beautiful part of the world and it was a pleasure having you with us. I wish you all the very best for your future adventures and always travel safely .Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to the hotel preferably with the entire family in the near future, Best wishes Rochelle.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

In the month of Ramadan we stayed in the hotel for 5 nights. We stayed here before and we said we will be back and that's definitely what we did but this time it was most memorable stay. This hotel made us best memories as they arranged a visum for my girlfriends sister all the way from Europe. Everything was perfect but what made more special we got engaged at the hotel. The room was made up so beautiful baloons flowers a cake . The staff arrange everything . I want to thank all the aloft staff for making this amazing memory for the rest of our life's.. to all the management thank you for having such wonderful friendly staff through the entire hotel. Will definitely be back and soon visit you again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hi there Cooltravel2014,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience from earlier this year at Aloft Abu Dhabi. Firstly let me congratulate the happy couple from the entire team here at Aloft Abu Dhabi. I am so pleased that we were able to play a small role in the celebration of this special occasion. I am so glad to read that your stay exceeded expectations. Our housekeeping team takes a lot of pride in the way that they present the rooms at aloft and therefore I know that they will take great encouragement from your kind words. I hope that your sister enjoyed her trip to Abu Dhabi and that you have had the opportunity to travel on more occasions since June. We wish you both all the happiness in the world and hope we have a chance to welcome you back in the near future.Warm regards, Rochelle
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights in May and were pleasantly surprised by the rooms, pool and breakfast. great location for grand mosque and cheap taxi ride to all other attractions.
There was building work going on on the outside of the Hotel which really disturbed our time at the pool. We complained to the manager who simply said they had mentioned this on their web page. We found no evidence of this at all. Also be aware that twice during our stay the hotel hosted Drink/pool parties which very much lowered the tone of the venue and left the pool unclean the following days.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank michelleyates65
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Hi there Michelleyates65,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Aloft Abu Dhabi. I am very pleased to read that you found the room to be great and the location convenient to your needs. I’m regretful to learn that your evening at the pool was troubled. I believe you did have a word with our Director of Operations and I was made aware that though he wasn’t able to solve the pool issue within our hotel, he took over the responsibility for this situation and offered you pool access to our sister property, the Westin Abu Dhabi (5star hotel, 10 minutes away), which of course also has a brilliant pool landscape, appropriate for children with excellent food and barbecue options, offering you to keep. Unfortunately, despite of our intentions to solve this inconvenience in the best possible way the offer was turned down. Admittedly we are busy during our pool parties which take place twice a month due to popular demand and the pool undergoes treatment and is ready to use the next day. Thank you once again for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and we hope that despite of this situation we will have the pleasure to welcome you soon again to Aloft Abu Dhabi. Best wishes, Rochelle