“Home Away From Home”

Ranked #3 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Lansing, Michigan
“Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I stayed at the Abu Dhabi Holiday Inn for several long engagements in the UAE over a two year period. It became my second home and the staff became my second family. The service, friendship, and care I received from the staff and management make the Abu Dhabi Holiday Inn what it is—a home away from home. The property maintenance is superb, the food is outstanding, the security obvious, and the service unmatched in its excellence.

When I pull into the hotel, the bell staff welcomes me “home”; the front desk and guest services attendants lift my spirits and I forget that I have just spent two days in travel; the lodging rooms are always lovingly prepared and cared for; the fitness center is ready for action with helpful fitness experts. The food service staff—servers and chefs—are the most fantastic people I have ever come to know anywhere. I enjoy every meal I have with them. In fact, I invite many of my UAE friends to join me at the various restaurants and lounges in the hotel. They, too, have come to enjoy what the Abu Dhabi Holiday Inn has to offer.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Philipp E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback.

We are glad you found our hotel to be 'a home away from home'. We are also grateful to you for inviting over your friends who reside within the Emirate.

We are sad to see you go, but hope you return soon for us to welcome you home once again.

Philipp Economou

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Knowsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We've spent a night in Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi prior to our departure, and we had a very pleasant experience. Staff was great, food as well though the outlet were quite limited. Room large and fresh. A very positive stay indeed.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Philipp E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback.

Glad that you enjoyed your stay and the service of our staff as well as our facilities. Should you return to the city soon, we would be happy to welcome you once again.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Came in Abu Dhabi last week and was placed at the Holiday Inn by my company.

I will never regret it, room was spotless looked brand new. The bed and choice of pillows was great. The staff were excellent, from the bellboy , the receptionist to the breakfast service team and the housekeepers.

Always welcomed with a smile and nothing seemed to be too much trouble. Upon check out (we were a group of 15 people) with lot’s of lugguages … members from different departmetns were present to assist with a smile and thanked us for our stay…!

Limited choice of restaurants (two only … if I am not mistaken) however you have to try the Korean menu in the restaurant on the first floor!

I will defenitely come back to the Holiday Inn to use their outlets as now I have moved to my appartment in Abu Dhabi!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Philipp E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time out to share your feedback.

We are glad your stay was a comfortable one and we look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel once again.

All the very best with your apartment and if we can be of any assistance to you in the near future, we would be happy to help.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

I had previously stayed at HI Abu Dhabi twice, and on both occasions, everything was fine. Minor problems were resolved quickly and efficiently. On arrival for my third visit, it was for the first time at Platinum Priority Card level, so thought I’d get an even better experience. How wrong I was!

The room I was allocated (Platinum members are supposed to get automatic upgrade) was smaller than my previous rooms for the same price. The room (514) was directly below the bar. At around midnight, the noise started (lots of banging about, scraping chairs etc.) so I asked to be moved. I was moved to ‘one of our most quiet rooms’ – room 512. This had noisy aircon and as it was at the back of the hotel, the noise from the building site was awful. Worse, at 05:30 there was a lot of banging and scraping coming from above. Turns out the staff ‘break rooms’ are directly above and for some reason the staff need to move the furniture around during their breaks at 05:30. I was told that these rooms are not used, which is simply untrue. I tolerated this room for a couple of nights/mornings before asking to move again.

I was moved to room 326. 1st night, at 01:00 the HI security spent a couple of hours yelling into their radios and on their phones right outside my room. I asked them to move away, but they stayed and kept me awake for a further hour. The next night, a local party organiser in the ‘party suite’ above mine invited his paying guests back to that room for a party starting at 2am. I put up with the noise until 5am when I called security. Security came and told me they wouldn’t ‘disturb’ these idiots and I was told to ‘go back to bed and not be so sensitive’. Several other guests were banging on their walls, floors etc. to try and quieten down these morons. I decided sleep was not going to happen that night, so I left early (05:30) for work.

On returning in the afternoon (to get some sleep) I was called by and met with several IHG and HI staff (who wasted hours of my time, not letting me sleep that afternoon either) who promised me a new room and said I would have no such problems sleeping tonight. I moved room AGAIN (713).

At 9pm I decided to get an early night (having had no sleep in 36 hours), only to hear very loud drumming, which got louder and louder. I went to investigate, and it was a very loud wedding party (which HI must have known about when they talked to me the previous afternoon). I asked the duty manager what time this was expected to end and was told 12:00 midnight. Again I left the hotel to get some rest in my office. I asked HI to call me when the noise had stopped. At 12:30am I called them to ask if it was safe for me to return, only to be told that the party would continue at full volume until 02:30. I checked-out.

HI AD staff seem to think they can fix any problem by offering their guests free alcohol (which I don’t drink) or coffee or cake (which doesn’t help with sleep!)

If you are like me and use hotels to sleep in, avoid this one at all costs. A change of management recently has turned this once good business hotel in to the ‘party capital’ of Abu Dhabi.

Room Tip: Avoid the 8th floor as it has the bar and utility areas above. Avoid rooms X26 as they have 'par...
4 Thank Zorg2000
Philipp E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 26 August 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your time and feedback.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you faced, during your stay at the hotel. My team and myself are currently investigating your feedback and look to resolve all your issues at the earliest.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better in the near future. My team and myself look forward to welcoming you.

Best regards,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Could not have chosen a better hotel for my stay. Definitely worth the money spend. The rooms are very decent size, spotless clean and comfortable.
All staff, from the receptionist who checked me in to the housekeeping and waiters ( during Iftar) were friendly and always ready to assist with a smile. Internet was a little slow but I was told it will be upgraded in few weeks....
Holiday Inn will always be my first choice when coming to Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Philipp E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and comments on behalf of my team at the Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi.

Your kind words and feedback have been passed on to our staff members, who are very grateful for the same. Thank you for highlighting the internet issue you had, we are currently working to improve the internet speed at the hotel, and we should have this resolved within the week as well.

My team and myself look forward to another opportunity to serve you even better.

Warm regards,

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2012

An absolute must, i have stayed in many 5 star hotels in the middle east through work, and i am pleased to say that the Holiday Inn has to be one of the best, it may not be a five star but i think others could learn from this hotel. The staff are absolutely fantastic , they are always smiling and happy and are there for your every need, it is clean and tidy and the service is second to none. In particular the Lemon Tree restaurant has to be one of ,if not the best restaurants around, the food is out of this world, every meal i had just melted in your mouth. the staff are very professional and are always there for you and the manager Antonio Fernandez is the perfect host, i think some michelin Star Restaurants in the UK would struggle to keep up with the quality of food and service that this restaurant has to offer. On the whole if i was to stay anywhere in Abu Dhabi ,i would recommend the Holiday Inn everytime.

Room Tip: Any room will do they are all clean ,tidy, and well maintained.
2 Thank antonycooper
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback.

We are glad you had such a wonderful and hassle-free stay. Our guests are always our top priority and we try our best to make your stay comfortable every time you visit us. Our staff was glad to hear your positive feedback, and Antonio Fernandez says 'Thank you'.

Once again we appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you once again.

Best Wishes,
Reviewed 9 August 2012

During check-in the front disc employee didnt welcome us at all and never show us any special action for a periority clup members, she said that there is no booking for us !!!
Untill i call the manager to handle that case . I booked a standard room but when i arrived the room on the 2nd floor, the hall floor smill was bad also the room, so i went back to the front disc to change and upgrade my room to a delux room, finally it was much better than the standard one.
The have a good and experianced massage stuff

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Alba D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Dear Guest,

We at the Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi would like to thank you for taking time out to share feedback about your stay with us.

We have noted the issues you may have faced while staying at the hotel and we would like to apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. Our front office manager, Ahmed Kamal, would be happy to discuss your stay, as well as how we coulg welcome you back at the hotel. Kindly email him your contact details at ahmed.kamel@ihg.com and he promises to contact you as soon as possible.

We would like to thank you for appreciating our massage therapists and we hope you will re-visit our recreation center.

We do look forward to the another opportunity of welcoming you once again to the hotel and serving you better.

Best Regards,