“Excellant”

Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi
Ranked #3 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 28 February 2011

My stay was for business, but it felt like a holiday, the staff are friendly and always there tif help is needed, the food was outstanding, and the standard of cleanliness of the hotel was impectable.
A very enjoyable stay and looking forward to visiting again soon.

1  Thank tankf32
AbudhabiSid, General Manager at Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this positive feedback.
Needless to say, the team at Holiday Inn Abu dhabi will be continuing to work hard on delighting it's customers.

Sid Sattanathan

Reviewed 26 February 2011

tayed here for 4 days in February 2011, for a business conference.

Let me just begin by saying, I've always stayed at the Emirates Palace when in AD, and this is not the Emirates Palace. Just had to get that out of the way.

Once you get past that, taken on its own merits, the Holiday Inn is a very nice hotel – much, much nicer than in the U.S. This is not your father's HI, the one of station wagon roadtrips through America's heartland sharing the backseat with your carsick little brother. This is a really sleek, snazzy, sophisticated hotel. It is very new and is glass and gleaming. That said, it is way, way out of the city. It's pretty close to the bin Zayed mosque though, which is a must-see. But you'll need a taxi to get to most of the attractions.

Entryway – As you enter, there are places to sit and hang out on both the left and right. The first floor has an ATM and not-too-bad gift shop. It's a little small but has sundries and also has some souvenirs, some of which weren't too expensive. The check-in and check-out was very, very nice. Everyone tried very hard and it was a fairly efficient process all around.

Rooms – I had an enormous room, which I later learned was the Executive (the biggest one, other than the suites). It had a huge bed, larger than the king even, but the same pillow menu throughout the entire hotel I think. I appreciate the pillow choices! There was a flat screen TV which was a decent size but looked small compared to the rest of the room! Lots and lots of channels including some decent movie ones and all kinds of language channels. Very comfortable, plenty of space to spread out all my work and relax. There is bottled water provided gratis, the toiletries are pretty nice and replenished daily, and there is a safe in the room that's fine. There was enough space in the closet and plenty of hangers. There is a clothesline in the shower but it's one of those half-glass things so you have to be careful to not flood the floor when you are showering. Housekeeping was also fine, nothing out of the ordinary to report there.

Amenities – I used the laundry service every day. It was expensive but I had an allowance, otherwise I would not have. They did an excellent job both cleaning and pressing everything I gave them, and yes, it was in by 10 and always back by 6, as promised. As a club member, I should have had newspaper delivery every morning – but I only got it delivered twice. It wasn't a big deal to just ask the front desk for it, which they were happy to give me, but still. Also, as part of the package I had, I wasn't charged for the internet, but according to the connection info it is not free internet so you do need to check on and be aware of this.

Pool and health club – Both small but nice. I went at off hours and had no issues with space, but I could see if it were at capacity and everyone wanted to work out or swim/sun at the same time, then yes there could be crowding. They are on the roof and the pool is outside.

Restaurants – I had the breakfast buffet every day and had room service once, I also ate in the Lemon Tree restaurant once. The buffet was fine, there was plenty of choice of everything you could possibly want to eat, including smoothies, fresh squeezed OJ, kimchee, you name it. The room service food was good too – they brought the wrong thing initially but they fixed it right away – the potato wedges are good, the tabbouleh was fantastic! At Lemon Tree, the food was also quite good, and the service was among the best I've ever had. I really felt very well tended to at this restaurant and plan to inform the hotel manager that the maitre'd of the restaurant was so superb.

So – all in all, if you have a jones for the EP, this isn't going to do it for you. However, if you are interested in a nice hotel, down to earth, close to the airport, that is comfortable without being frumpy, and conducive to getting your work done, this is a perfectly great choice.

1  Thank philsdottir
Reviewed 23 February 2011

The GM took the time and trouble to give us an excellent guided tour of the "Heart of House" and explained with great clarity the mission and values. Everywhere was clean and tidy, the staff genuinely friendly and welcoming, and I would not hesitate to re-book.

Reviewed 22 February 2011

Having spent six weeks in the holiday inn , i dont think i could have been made to feel more comfortable at any other hotel in abu dhabi .
The restaurants are good and the bar is a very comfortable place to relax , or watch the football
The staff are excelent , allways friendly and willing help and the even general manager found the time of day for a chat are solve any problems .
The bedrooms are comfortable and clean ,with a choice of soft or firm pillows ,so a good nights sleep was allways had .
The hotel is only a fifteen minute taxi ride from Abu Dhabi center and thirty minutes from Mussafa industrial area .
I recomend this hotel either for business or for a holiday

Reviewed 22 February 2011

Travelled here on business in feb 2011. Was quite worried after reading some of the reviews on here. Fear not everyone, this hotel deserves top marks from us all. Food, service and value for money is excellent. Yes my room was over air conditioned on occasions but so what, what do you really want? The food in the buffet is fabulous and the attention of the staff to detail was great. Would def recommend to anyone. Thank you Holday Inn!

Reviewed 15 February 2011

When my company told me I was going to be staying the Holiday Inn I had a vision of the North American Motel Holiday Inn with it's Continental Breakfast (read toast and coffee) and no frills (read old) rooms, but this was a pleasant surprise. The Holiday Inn in Abu Dhabi is a wonderfully clean, cozy and surprisingly modern. There's a lovely bar on the roof, a lovely gym (not sure why they call it a mini gym since it has everything most people would want), nice pool and comfy beds.

My only complaint is that the food wasn't great, which meant my husband and I generally went to other hotels for dinner. The location is also not very convenient to downtown, but it's great if you need to be near the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Center or the Airport.

Reviewed 31 January 2011

This is my first review in trip advisor bit given the excellent service i experienced I thought it was only right that I share my thoughts on this hotel

The hotel far surpassed my expectations both in terms of quality and value for money. From the moment I arrived I was made to feel welcome by all the staff in particular the staff in the restaurant on the ground floor. Nothing was too much trouble and staff were always polite and willing to help.

This is was my fourth time in Abu Dhabi but my first not staying in the centre of town and without a hire car. The hotel was a great location for an exhibition I had to attend at ADNEC but obviously I was a little concerned it was out of town. I needn’t have worried the hotel had taxis on stand-by and it was only a very short taxi ride of around 10-15minutes to get to heart of the town. The typical cost of a taxi ride was around 20-25AED which is about £4 so amazing value. Abu dhabi is going through some dramatic changes and one big advantage of this hotel is it is away from much of the construction work that continues throughout the night.

Overall this hotel was excellent value and by far the best Holiday Inn I have stayed in. The hotel is smart, clean and impressive. The facilities are fantastic with wi-fi in the rooms, business centre, pool/spa and the bars and restaurants at the hotel are welcoming and good quality. I would certainly recommend this hotel and will look forward to staying here again in the future.

Thanks to all the staff at the Holiday inn for my making my stay a pleasant one.

1  Thank Dave_UK123