Fairmont Bab Al Bahr
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers(Abu Dhabi)
US$174
US$173
US$533
US$311
3,006 results
All reviewsgold floorgrand mosquecedar loungemosque viewmarco pierrecuiscene restaurantcreek view roomwet roomsheikh zayed mosquefloor to ceiling windowspool barlebanese restaurantpool staffsun loungersfabulous hotelbeach areavisit to abu dhabi
Reviewed 31 March 2011

A 5 night stay to celebrate a birthday from 7th - 12th March 2011.

This is an excellent hotel with very professional staff and that can do attitude. The decor is very modern but done with style.

I was impressed with the room which was exactly as advertised on the website. Floor to ceiling windows with an amazing view of the Mosque. Very clean, spacious and modern, it had that quality feel. All those extras you expect from a top notch hotel. TV could have been a little bigger though. The bathroom and rain shower where excellent. Thank you for the tasty chocolate birthday cake and fruit ready when we arrived!.

The Pool Area was where I first noticed the exceptional service. Acknowledgement by smiling staff escort you to your choice of seating. A bucket of ice with bottles of water are soon with you (complimentary). Throughout the day cold towels, Fruit skewers and frozen fruit shots are served to you (also complimentary). If you ask for anything nothing is too much trouble and the task is completed with a genuine willingness to make your stay a most excellent one.

The food is very good. The Buffet "Elements" restaurant which we went quite a few times was a mix of Chinese, Indian, Japanese and Med food. The Sushi was some of best I have ever had!. There are other restaurants such as a steak house which are also very good. There is a souk and the Shangri La Hotel just down the road with other very good food choices if things get repetitive.

The bars in the evening are very quiet but comfortable. Drinks are London prices with a decent choice. Ask for the drinks menu as each bar has different prices. If its not on the menu just ask. We did and there was no problem getting our favourite beverages. Cigar menu pretty good too. Again excellent service. Nothing better than relaxing outside in the Chameleon bar with that view of the Mosque in the evening. Winner.

The reception and concierge are most helpful and organised a few things for us. Join the Fairmont Presidents Club for free Wi Fi and extras.

First time to Abu Dhabi. Hotel standard of service did surprise me it was equal to that of Mauritius which I thought is the best I have encountered. This Fairmont is doing all the right things and I hope it continues. An excellent hotel just out of the hustle of the city but only a cheap taxi ride away from the action. I have already recommended others as a place to get some winter sun that is not as long haul as other places. They are about to book . Lucky peoples...

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank JetSetHarry
Babalbahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2011

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Bab Al Bahr. We sincerely Thank you for your kind review and appreciate your positive feedback. I will be sure to pass along your great comments to all the departments mentioned. At Fairmont we pride ourselves on delivering excellent service and meeting all the standards required by our guests.
We look forward to having to back in the future.

Reviewed 29 March 2011

Several reasons to visit, in my opinion, the best hotel in Abu Dhabi. It's perfect located to avoid the mad traffc, so elegant to meet with partners, clientes or friends, awesome customer attention and service, facilities and relaxing enviroment to rest peacefull,...
I recommend it indeed.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Babalbahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2011

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our holel. You choose a word that I myself use to describe this hotel often, "elegant". We are an elegant hotel set in an authentically local Arabic surrounding. We would be delighted to have you back any time.

Henning FRies

Reviewed 26 March 2011

I STRENUOUSLY ADVISE ALL TA READERS TO SHUN THIS DESPICABLE HOTEL.

The good news. Room was spacious and nice. Service was amiable, if sometimes inept. Uninteresting food, though we didn't try their top restaurant. But, picture this ...

We booked one of their top suites for almost $3000/night, for five nights. On our last day, the cleaning staff got cleaning gunk on my wife's Louis Vuitton iPad case. Ruined it. No big deal. But, after spending $15,000 on the room, they question us, like we're trying to pull a fast one on them, over a stupid $400 iPad case, instead of saying, "very sorry, we'll take care of it." In fact, the staff initially said that, but *management* overruled them! In fact, the assistant manager, Arnaud Something, was the one who decided that they would not take any responsibility. They should be ashamed.

Fifteen years ago, I had a similar situation with a briefcase at a Marriott, in a $200 room; no questions asked, they got me a new one. Eight years ago, a housekeeper took my wife's Prada purse. Again, no questions asked, they bought a replacement. This kind of stuff happens from time to time. At the "top" hotel in Abu Dhabi, they treat a top customer like we're crooks, when they ruined our stuff!! Unbelievable.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
10  Thank LoveLuxTravel
Babalbahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2011

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback. We will contact you directly to discuss your concerns further.

Reviewed 26 March 2011

I stayed 3 nights in a Gold room with access to the club lounge. The room was large and very comfortable.

The staff at the Fairmont were absolutely exceptional. Friendly, efficient, nothing ever too much trouble and really committed to making my stay as enjoyable as possible - a combination of informality and efficiency which says a lot about the high standard of Fairmont staff training and motivation.

I so enjoyed eating at the pizza bar in Frankies watching the food being prepared that I went twice. Excellent high quality Italian food.

My only slight disappointment was the Gold Lounge. This is a string of almost separate areas on the top level of the hotel and seemed to lack the buzz I associate with early evenings in the executive lounge at other hotels. The staff were great as was the food and drinks offered but architecturally this seems to be an awkward area.

I will certainly go back to the Fairmont.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank lindsay_wilcox
Babalbahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2011

Dear Guest,

I'm very pleased to hear about your recent stay at the hotel. It’s always nice to hear guests’ appreciation. We have an incredible team of staff that deliver outstanding service. We thank you for your insight towards our Gold floor. It is always good to see the things sometimes we we lack or oversee.

Reviewed 24 March 2011

We stayed there as a weekend away from Dubai, taking advantage of a '2 rooms for 1 price' during the summer. Gorgeous hotel. My onlu complaint was the buffet style lunch and dinner they have - they did not have any plain pasta or food for children - everything was curries and sushi. The breakfast was not included and again there was nothing for the kids to eat. I would stay there again if I was travelling on business - but not with the kids. The interconnecting rooms were idyllic though - my kids loved the rain showers. The view across the water to the grand mosque was spectacular.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family