Fairmont Bab Al Bahr
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
City Seasons Al Hamara Hotel(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$54
Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$63
Agoda.com
US$91
US$83
Novel Hotel City Center(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$131
Emirates Palace(Abu Dhabi)
US$679
Orbitz.com
One to One Hotel - The Village(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$45
Agoda.com
Royal Rose Hotel(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$70
US$316
US$291
  • Pool
2,950 results
All reviewsgold floorgrand mosquecedar loungemosque viewmarco pierrecuiscene restaurantcreek view roomwet roomsheikh zayed mosquefloor to ceiling windowspool barlebanese restaurantpool staffsun loungersfabulous hotelbeach areavisit to abu dhabi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Contemporary design and luxury are all that Fairmont Bab Al Bahr is about, but your stay will be even more perfect if you take a Fairmont Gold room.

Location. A bit isolated, but that didn't really bother us, since our vacation was all about relaxing. The views to the creek and the Grande Mosque are amazing. The area around the Fairmont is largely under construction, but that didn't cause any inconvenience. The downtown of Abu Dhabi is just a short drive away. The hotel offers a free shuttle to the Grand Mosque and downtown. You can get to the Souk at Qaryat Al Beri by foot, but that isn't necessarily advisable at least during the summer months.

Rooms. What can I say? Modern, stylish, posh - by far one of the nicest hotel rooms we have ever stayed in. Don't skim your money, but take the Fairmont Gold room with creek views. As I already said, the view is truly amazing and you'll get all the Gold Lounge benefits.

Gold Lounge. A perfect place to enjoy your breakfast and evening snacks. Newspapers and books available. At least during our stay the Gold floor was very peaceful, it felt like we had a private lounge. The food was good, and there was enough variety from day to day.

Service. When booking with Fairmont Gold you get to check in at your private reception area, which guarantees that the experience is exclusive from arrival to departure. The personnel is very attentive and tactful. Our special thanks to our butler Nalin Ratnayake, who took good care of us!

Beach & pool area. Nice beach. The pools are also nice, but can get a bit crowded.

Room Tip: Book a Fairmont Gold room with creek views and you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HraPormestari
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We chose the Fairmont Hotel based on the Trip Advisor reviews and were not disappointed.

This new, modern hotel is top quality and the large, open modern bedrooms were second to none. We had the Gold service on the 7th floor and the service could not have been better. Very helpful, friendly staff were always there. The afternoon tea with sandwiches together with evening drinks made it great value for money especially with free internet as well. Free water provided in the rooms and around the pool.

We would certainly go there again for a relaxing holiday where you are treated like royalty.

We ate at Frankies (Italian) and Marco Pierre White and the food at both were excellent. The food is expensive, and watch for the wine which is silly prices.

The pool area was very nice and the whole area was much quieter than the Hilton, Abu Dhabi which we stayed at a few days before.

The nearby Mosque is stunning and there is a free bus that takes you there for the morning guided tour. We also visited Ferrari World and had a guided tour of the Yas Marina circuit, using the Fairmont as the base, but these journeys took longer than expected, mostly because the silver taxis did not seem to know the best route.

The Fairmont certainly ranks amongst the best hotels we have stayed in - ever.

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra for the Mosque view. Amazing
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We stayed as a family in late October 2011 - I have been remiss in writing this review - The service was truley execeptional as a seasoned traveller it was on a par with the best I have experienced elsewhere. The buffet dinners were very good eg Asian and or Indian food.....we were a little dissapointed that the beach was closed for most of our week stay and a Film festival had been on the week before with workers dismantling the equipment most of the week - this caused the seating around the pool to be packed and you had to be early - Also if you go on holiday to relax and read by the pool as we did - be aware of loud music playing all day around the pool coming from the bar --- We were irritated to see people placing towels on seats and not using them for hours from early morning - i did point this out to one of the staff and in fairness they did look out for this selfish behaviour- Also if you dont smoke lots of guests were smoking next to where we sat outside (also be aware of smoking in the inside restuarants) ,also there was a nice Champagne bar outside but it wasnt open for sundowner drinks near the Frankie Dettori restaurant - this was a shame as a nice place to have a drink pre or post dinner -- That said it was a nice setting.The standout point of the hotel was that the staff did give very good service.I would like to thank the lady in the management team who sorted out my dentisty issue so professionally - We would recommend the hotel to others - especially with the Spa opening soon ---- but after a week you will be ready to explore restuarants outside the hotel vicinity - personally a small Sushi bar would be a good addition. The note about planes overhead by another reviewer we also noted but its not intrusive at all and most are occoaisonal military planes (non jets) so not noisy......We would like to thank the staff again for a very pleasant stay where you really felt welcomed.

Room Tip: get a high room (away from pool noise) opposite the Mosque
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SleepyEurope
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Frankly I expected much more for a hotel of this standard! Although the hotel is very beautiful, modern, design ... wonderful! My room was really nice! I got the suite with view Fairmont Gold ... large, comfortable ... but never for a moment I felt at home ... It starts with the welcome reception Gold: very cold, not very professional, I wanted to have a room on the 9th and last floor but my request was wound with a dry NO ... and stop ... Then I was asked my credit card to block a significant amount of money in anticipation of my possible future expenses during my stay ... and it was with difficulty got to "negotiate" to pay in advance only half of what was required of me (that was totally unjustified because only I know what I would spend!)
Another problem: cleaning my room: not all at a 5 star! For the fact that I woke up late in the morning, no cleaning! I received a message during the afternoon saying that for respecting my privacy my room could not be cleaned and my mini-bar not recharged! While my room was regularly released at 2:00 p.m. ... no attention to the customer: I asked the capsules nespresso ristretto ... nothing ... I have to ask again the next day ... dirty dishes left in my room ... there had a fruit basket in room on the first day with strawberry totally rotten with mold! But they have not checked the basket before putting it in the room??? What is missing in this particular hotel is attention to the customer ... with rates as high is expected to have little touches that make the stay pleasant and above the price justified! ... Nothing ... but the feeling we have is that the only thing that matters to the hotel is money...
Then this is the first time I see a 5 star hotel without SPA center! Not possible to perform massage, no steam, no sauna... nothing to relax!!
The fitness center is very beautiful and modern ... Thanks to Ranil for his attentions and his professionalism.
The Italian restaurant is excellent! We eat really well! Very fresh and quality! Congratulations to chef for choosing of the card! It seems to be in Italy! I also tried the other restaurant Marc Pierre White ... very good but the high prices totally disproportionate and unjustified!
In short: a good hotel for business, but especially not for a holiday! You leave without envy to return!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Francesco-Parisien
Reviewed 6 March 2012

This is one of the best hotel I ever stayed in. The room is fantastic... Food are great! Breakfast, lunch, dinner buffet...all is perfect. The 3 star Michelin Italian restaurant is amazing!
And most of all.. I love the pool! Beautiful view!

Room Tip: Try to get the room facing the pool. They have great view of the Grand Mosque.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business