“Over the Top!!!!!!”

Fairmont Bab Al Bahr
Ranked #25 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 22 December 2012

I attended a conference at this hotel and was there for a week. I was so in complete AWE with the service, the restaurants, the bars, the beach and pool and of course my accommodations. Being a food connoisseur myself, I found the food absolutely amazing. The taste, the spices and texture were amazing. I even had a chance to drive around Abu Dhabi with a car rental arranged by the hotel. The city is beautiful and clean beyond imagination. My time at this hotel will never be forgotten. They spared no expense when building this place. I would definitely come back. The only thing that holds me back a bit is the 13 hour flight from Canada. Thanks Fairmont for this beautiful hotel. I would rate you as a 6 Star ****** for sure.

Room Tip: Definitely choose the water view rooms.
Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Frank G

Reviewed 21 December 2012

I have reviewed this hotel previously, but I could not resist writing again. I have now stayed here repeatedly, and each time it impresses me more and more. The rooms, the service, the restaurants, the fitness facility, the pool and the beach add up to the perfect hotel for a short or extended stay. On this visit, the service exceeded my experience anywhere else I have stayed in the past year, and I say this as one who been on the road almost constantly, exceeding 250,000 kilometers this year.

Many thanks to the Fairmont for making a tough three week trip in the region more bearable.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room facing the water and the Zayid Mosque. The view is wonderful, particularly at...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2012

On behalf of the entire Fairmont Bab Al Bahr Team, we would like to thank you for sharing once again your wonderful experience at our hotel. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont Bab Al Bahr soon.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

I could not find one single thing to fault with this hotel. The pool, facilities, staff, rooms, location, views were all superb. Food/drinks possibly a little bit on the steep side but fairly average for a luxury brand and the quality was great. Had a fantastic weekend there and will definitely be back in the future!

Room Tip: Definitely get a room creek-side so you have a view of the Grand Mosque
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank KLOH_ee
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I was attending a conference at the hotel and decided also to stay in the hotel. I got a suite on the so called 'Gold Floor'. The suite was amazingly big, a living room, a dressing and make-up room and a sleeping room. Two restrooms and a nice bath with rainforest shower. Floor to sealing windows with a fantastic view to the water and the big beautiful Mosque. The Gold Floor also offers a 1 button service and all problems are taken care of. Included is access to the Gold Floor lounge with breakfast, lunch canapé, happy hour with free drinks and a business centre. The hotel itself was very big and nicely maintained and decorated to the coming Christmas with Christmas trees and decorations despite the fact that you are in a muslim country. Service was great, food outstanding and a lovely pool area. 15 minutes in a taxi to the city centre. Not much to do in the area around the hotel though.

Room Tip: If you have the budget - go for the Gold Floor.
1  Thank Kommandousen

Greetings from Fairmont Bab Al Bahr!

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share this positive review. It is my pleasure to pass your compliments to our entire team that made your stay at the Fairmont Gold amazing.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 December 2012

Have stayed three times and each time I still get a wow with the design and lobby. Rooms are well designed, though make sure you enroll in the loyalty scheme to get free wifi otherwise they will charge for this, and expensive if they do.

Positives are the fantastic rooms and views of the creek and mosque. Good room sizes and working space. Fab baths and beds are the most comfy I have slept in. Good range of dining options in property.

Room Tip: Ask for a creek view...
Reviewed 8 December 2012

I had the scenic view room and although it wasn't cheap ca 256 EUR for the room per night plus another 100 for food and drink per night or so, but it was worth it as the view from the room was spectacular and the service didnt lack anything. Mind, that getting to the city/corniche would mean 30 min drive, but Sheikh Zayed Mosque is close. Airport as well. Liked poolside bar. Nice sunsets. Class

Room Tip: get the creek view room. Dear, but worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 December 2012

We stayed 4 nights at the Fairmont celebrating my birthday. I booked through expedia and then checked via email that they had my reservation, which they promptly replied that they did. I did book a gold club suite but didn't know that there was a view option. I was disappointed to find out that we did not have a view of the beautiful mosque, but instead a view of the rather drab car park. I would have hoped that as I was there for four nights and they knew it was my birthday that they could have arranged this. I did ask if i could move but was told that it was only possible for one night and then I would have to move back again, so I didn't bother. To there credit they did send up a mini birthday cake which was a nice touch. On a plus point, as I arrived at 4am, they gave me a room at 50% of the standard rate so we could check straight in and not wait until 2pm.
We didn't have a chance to eat at the hotel, apart from breakfast in the club lounge, This was nice enough but not anything really special and choice was a bit limited There was a chef however that could cook eggs to order which was nice, and we were able to get a table with a lovely view of the mosque (see the theme here). i did eat at a Frankies restaurant in Dubai which was great.
The room itself was a good size and nicely furnished. Location wise it was midway between the airport and the Corniche and was fine - taxis are very reasonable for wherever you need to go.
I would not mind staying at the Fairmont again, although there are so many nice hotels to choose from I may want to test out a couple more. As I said, it was a great hotel but somehow it just misses the "It was fantastic and we must go again" badge.

Room Tip: ask for a mosque view, i think it makes all the difference
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul C
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Greetings from Fairmont Bab Al Bahr!

Thank you for staying with us on your birthday and taking time to share your feedback. We are sorry to learn that your room did not meet your expectation. We do appreciate all your comments and have shared your review with the relevant departments.