“Stay in their Gold club rooms if you can. An enjoyable stay but housekeeping didn't always deliver to a 5 star standard”

Fairmont Bab Al Bahr
Ranked #22 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2013

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: huge entrance, impressive building but only one person on check-in so had to wait 15 mins. No one greeted you at the door to assist you. The hotel is a typical American hotel chain and full of Americans. It's missing some charm to make your stay special but they do deliver. I would definitely go again but would make sure that I was specific about room location.

MANAGEMENT: we stayed on the gold floor and the management here was excellent. Very helpful, accommodating and constantly offering drinks and food.

INS & OUTS: it has a good pool, beach, plenty of sun beds and a great view of the grand mosque. Pool attendants will sort out your sun beds, bring free bottled water and come round with fruit sticks. It's about 20 mins outside of the town centre but for us this was perfect. We did go into town one evening and promptly came back to the hotel.

ACCOMMODATION: we had a gold view room which was huge. All the amenities, comfy bed, coffee machine etc. the gold floor is smoking and therefore the corridors and room had smoke musty smells about them. We had an air purifier in the room on constantly. Unfortunately the room was not adequately cleaned one day and when informed they were very apologetic. I would however expected housekeeping to make sure thy we're doing a 5 star job all the times.

FOOD: now this is where they excelled! With the gold room you have breakfast from 7 to 10, afternoon tea from 2 to 5 and then evening canapés from 6 to 8. You will not need evening canapés and dinner! The evening canapés are the best I have experienced as part of his club room option. Champagne is on tap as are all others drinks. Make sure that you make the most of this as alcohol elsewhere is expensive. Jenny needs a special mention. She was excellent.

TIPS: the hotel is long and narrow so make sure you ask to be away from the lifts. Rooms from 715 to 727 would be good options. Away from lifts and bars.

Room Tip: he hotel is long and narrow so make sure you ask to be away from the lifts. Rooms from 715 to 727 wo...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GPRazzie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (629)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 5 March 2013

My first experience at the restaurant was x.mas dinner.the service was bad and food didn't have any taste at all.
Theh we went for lunch 3 days ago.same thing.
I think the problem is that the chef doesn't know Arabic or European cooking.sorry to say that.but that's the truth.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank zoubida o o
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I flew overnight from Mumbai to Abu Dhabi, arriving at 7am. In order to have immediate access to my room upon arrival, I reserved (and guaranteed) the previous night, in addition to the next night of my stay. When I arrived the reception lady started with the perplexed stares at the computer screen so I knew something was wrong. After 10 minutes or so she said that my reservation had been cancelled since I was a "no show." I told her that surely I was not the first customer to book the night before in order to get to sleep ASAP upon arrival. Then I was told that I could have a room but would have to wait for it to be cleaned. Huh? So it became clear that they had given my room away to another guest. I began to get testy ( a lot of time had gone by at this point) and lo and behold there was another larger room available, that they would give me. They had this room all along......why torture me? Especially since it was their screw up that caused the problem.
Then, when I got to my room and I called for laundry pick up.....nobody answered any of my calls. Laundry, Operator, Reception. Maybe I was blacklisted for being "difficult" like Elaine on Seinfeld. To be fair, I just ordered a Salad Nicoise from room service. It came fast and was excellent.

Room Tip: Creek view. Nice view of the water, beach and the huge mosque.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Brooklyn-Jared
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. We are sorry to learn that your check-in experience did not live up to your expectations this time. We do appreciate your feedback and have shared your comments with the relevant departments.

Kindest regards,

Nils Axing
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 25 February 2013

one of most luxury hotel I had visited ,Price was reasonable, the view of sheikh zayed mosque was great ,also the room was big and very clean ,valet parking was free. i will recommend my friends to this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Ayman_S_11
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 24 February 2013

excellant location,new hotel with ultra modern lobby and modern style interiors ,spacious, helpful staff,very good gem and nice 50 meter pool over looking sandy beach but no spa in hotel yet , slow internet.

Room Tip: ask for sea view room
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

The room is quite spacious, beach and pool facilities are amazing - perfect for a gateway. But far from the city... Close by you will find a souq called qaryat al berri; you can have dinner there overlooking the marina.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Salwa A
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2013

My husband, two year old son and I stayed at this wonderful hotel in November 2012.
This is the second time that we were staying at the Fairmont. However I never got around to writing a review.
We absolutely love this hotel and it's brilliant team of staff. I have never stayed at a hotel where the staff are so friendly, professional and dedicated. When we asked our little son where he would like to go on holiday , without thinking he said" I want to go to my Abu Dhabi hotel!"
I would like to say a big thank you to Coco ( breakfast buffet and restaurant), Tendai from housekeeping and the pool team. You guys have made our stay memorable.
We hope that we can come back soon! And please open up a Fairmont in Doha! They are in need of a fabulous hotel like yours.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family