“First class service, huge property”

Fairmont Bab Al Bahr
Ranked #25 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed at this property on business during a corporate meeting week. The rooms on the eighth floor are wonderful. I had a city view but wished I had a creek view. The grounds are fantastic, I would say that if you stay in the gold rooms on floor eight and nine the elevators are a fair walk from the lobby but I cannot fault the service. I think this is a great hotel for couples or for conferences. The only thing I would say, although as a frequent visitor to the ME the breakfast isn't my favourite - turkey bacon and veal sausage are no substitute for pork ! Thought the many pastries and fruit platters do not disappoint.

Room Tip: Ask for a creek or mosque view - gold rooms are worth the upgrade
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ian-middlemiss

Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights to relax after our trip from Chicago, before flying to Jakarta. It was the best decision ever! We arrived at night and were already impressed by the main entrance, next we loved the service and then the best part was the room and the view!! We really couldn't get over the view! The bed was also very comfortable, we slept like babies! Truly a five stars hotel. They also gave us free wifi service by signing us up to the President's club, the receptionist did it all for us and also gave us late check out for free because we had a night flight. The room rate wasn't even that expensive, it was worth every penny and more. We also loved the private beach and pool. We will come back for sure and we have been recommending it to our friends and family. Definitely the best hotel experience that we have had!

Room Tip: Definitely the one with the sea view!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Irinne L
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Irinne L,

Greetings from Fairmont Bab Al Bahr!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this positive review and recommendation. I will ensure that all of your kind compliments will be conveyed to our entire team. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again for another great experience in the near future.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed here for a week with our 4 year old over New Year and had a great time.
Loved the effort the hotel had gone to with it's christmas decorations, there was even a proper gingerbread house in the lobby!
Generally the service was excellent, with special mention going to the concierge, bell boys, front desk, lifeguards,and the manager at poolside who went out of his way to rectify a one off issue we had, his efforts more than rectified it, Thankyou.
The room was spacious, beds comfortable and views from the hotel great.
Breakfast wasn't the best, the hotel was very busy, so there were queues and we often had to ask for coffee more than once, for a 5 star hotel the food here wasn't amazing. We didn't eat anywhere else butI heard great comments about Marco Pierre Whites steakhouse.

Overall a great stay thankyou

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bruisyard

Dear bruisyard,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr and for the kind compliments that you have shared especially regarding our service. We appreciate all of your comments and I have shared your feedback to our entire team. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

One of the Best business and Luxury Hotel at Abu DHabi..please choose a room facing the Abu Shahi Mosque...its one of the most breathtaking views you would see early morning....with a creek side view..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I was so happy that I chose this hotel, its away from the noise traffic and hustle of downtown Abu Dhabi.
We had a Fairmont gold view room on the 7th floor and waking up each morning to the wonderful view of the Grand Mosque was a treat, I know you may feel this is strange but it really is a sight to see. The service and professionalism of all staff is second to none, they really couldnt do enough for us. Breakfast was good and never overly busy and I loved the fresh berry bowl - a nice treat in January. Afternoon tea was welcome and the bar staff at the evening cocktail hour was second to none, they were very attentive and always remember what my favorite cocktail was. I must admit we were a little surprised to find that a lot of people used these additions as half board rather than small treats, but I suppose if you are that way inclined and you want to get the absolute value for money its up to you.

Our room was immaculately clean and it seemed as soon as the concierge saw us leave, always offering to arrange a taxi or the hotels chauffeur service the cleaner was checking that our room was fully stocked and tidy.

I must thank the hotel again for the chauffeur service as he had to wait over an hour and a half as there was very long queues at the immigration desk in Abu Dhabi airport which to be honest is a terrible airport, smoky cramped and very much due for updating but apparently the new terminal isnt due to be completed til late 2015.

We ate in both the Marco Pierre White restaurant and Frankies (Italian) and both were good and offered good service.

The only negatives we had were the hotel is in line of the flight path and we did have some aircraft noise but not off putting and my husband was woken at 7am one morning due to the grass being cut and I was kept awake one night due to music late into the night but none of these factors would put us off staying at the Fairmont again.

What would make the hotel perfect? well perhaps an adults only area on the beach as we stayed over the xmas holidays period 1-6 January there was a significant number of small children on the beach and as our family is now grown up we really would prefer a little more peace and privacy. We were very surprised at the hotel allowing people to put towels on sunbeds to reserve them and then not using them til later in the day. This is not the behavior we expected of a 5* hotel or the occupants of it.

Would I stay again, yes in a heartbeat but out of the school holidays and only flying into Dubai rather than Abu Dhabi which is only an hours drive away. I love Dubai for shopping but if you want a more relax holiday Abu is the better choice,

Room Tip: Fairmont Gold every time
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank happytravelsfromuk
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear happytravelsfromuk,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post this review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay on Fairmont Gold. We also value all your comments and I have shared your feedback with the relevant departments.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back at the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr soon.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Stayed for 3 nights as part of our honeymoon. We were upgraded to a view room and it was incredible. Huge room, very comfortable bed, large bathroom area. Facilities were exceptional – gymnasium, pool, table tennis, as were the staff. We found the meals quite expensive, but this is likely to be the norm in Abu Dhabi. The happy hour by the pool was great. We spent each day relaxing by the pool and it was perfect. We dined at Frankies for our last night and were given a complimentary desert with ‘Happy Honeymoon’ in chocolate writing which was a nice personal touch for a big 5 star resort (and the food there was delicious!). Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: The view rooms are amazing looking at the mosque
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adamtheaussie
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear adamtheaussie,

Greetings from Fairmont Bab Al Bahr!

Thank you for taking the time to share this positive review and for choosing to stay with us for your honeymoon. It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest and I am glad that you that you had a wonderful overall hotel experience.

Our entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I was speaking at a conference in Abu Dhabi so I stayed at the conference location which happened to be the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr. Upon check-in, I was warmly welcomed by Mary at the President's Club desk who provided me with a great orientation of both the hotel and Abu Dhabi in general. At first, I was a little dismayed that the hotel was about 20 minutes away from the downtown area, but once I saw the stunning grounds I didn't want to leave! (The hotel is fairly close to the Grand Mosque which, in my opinion, the #1 "must see" site in Abu Dhabi anyway.) The room was simply beautiful... very stylish (especially the shower). I also appreciated the great edible treats left in the room. The staff was very professional, food was good, and overall I had a great experience.

Room Tip: You'll have a better view of the Grand Mosque if you get a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business