Fairmont Bab Al Bahr
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers(Abu Dhabi)
US$178
Agoda.com
US$531
US$311
3,004 results
All reviewsgold floorgrand mosquecedar loungemosque viewmarco pierrecuiscene restaurantcreek view roomwet roomsheikh zayed mosquefloor to ceiling windowspool barlebanese restaurantpool staffsun loungersfabulous hotelbeach areavisit to abu dhabi
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We have stayed at a few Fairmonts as my brother works for the Empress in Victoria, Canada. This was quite possibly he best one. I think the Middle East has exceptional customer service anyway and this hotel did not disappoint. It has the most impressive entrance lobby and perfectly manicured gardens with the addition of amazing water features. I found it comparable to the Jumeirah Beach hotel in Dubai. Each bedroom has window that spans from wall to walk and floor to ceiling so the view over the Mosque is incredible. Make sure you book a room with a view.
The room service was fantastic. Really well presented and hot on arrival. The CuiScene restaurant was buffet style and had a fantastic selection from sushi to Arabian to Italian. The Cedar Lounge, a Lebanese restaurant had the most beautiful surroundings but I must admit the main courses looked very carelessly put together and everything came with chips. A bit odd? We didn't try the Marco Pierre White or Frankies restaurants.
We took our three year old and were slightly concerned he wouldn't fit in to a hotel like this as it does cater for businesses a lot too. We were pleasantly surprised that everyone made a real fuss of him and the beach had a trampoline and a box of toys for children to use. I'm sure it has kids clubs in the school holidays too.
It was exactly what we wanted. Top service and just enough to keep our child happy without being tacky.

Room Tip: Room with a view of the mosque, try for a high floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Dear Edgegirl,

Thank you very for choosing to stay at the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr and for the compliments that you have shared especially regarding our service. It was indeed a pleasure to have you as our guest. Our entire team is looking forward to welcoming you once again for another great experience in the near future.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I stayed in the Fairmont for 6 nights while on business in Abu Dhabi in January.
My room was really spacious with two double beds, sofa, desk space and large bathroom, no view unfortunately but as i was out all day from 8 - 7 that was not too much of an issue.
The service there is wonderful. from front desk to housekeeping. In room dining is delivered within 30 minutes of ordering. The food is decent though a little bland, the fruit platters and sushi are particularly good. The gym is well equipped, there is a mixed gym and a ladies only gym. It is right on the beach and the outdoor area is immaculate. I did not get a chance to try out the outdoor pool but it looked really inviting.
The breakfast buffet is a little disappointing, it seemed to be the same thing each morning, and while the coffee is very good the offer of scrambled eggs with cheese EVERY morning soon had me eating just some plain toast for breakfast, which then seems like poor value for money. If you had time you could get eggs to order to but queue and the wait meant this was not possible for anyone in a hurry.
It is more of a resort hotel than a business hotel so the majority are on leisure breaks which does of course mean a more relaxed service.
I ate lasagna in Frankie's one night but it was not very good. Had dinner at Meat and Co. another night which is in the souk just down the road and that is very good.
All in all a decent hotel and will be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Karen180176,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to post your review. We value all our guest comments and therefore have shared your feedback with the relevant departments.

Once again, thank you for choosing Fairmont Bab Al Bahr and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

What an amazing hotel to stay in, my husband and myself had a ball.
Huge rooms always spotless.
Fantastic food I can highly recommend the Marco steak one, if your like me I had a blue one cooked to perfection.
If you want a taste of heaven then get booking.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear vikki_young ,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to post this review. We are pleased to know that you had great stay and particularly enjoyed dining in our Marco Pierre White Steakhouse & Grill.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I've driven past this hotel a few times and actually stayed just down the road from it before and never really fancied it due to the flat, dark façade of the building. However, it is actually a really good hotel. The rooms were excellent in size and amenities, the pool was very good (albeit it a little "popular" with expats on weekends) and the selection of restaurants was almost as good as the best hotels in Dubai. AD is cheaper than Dubai, and if all you're after is Middle Eastern temperatures and UAE Hotel service it makes a lot more sense these days.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MPB21

Dear MPB21,

Greetings from Fairmont Bab Al Bahr!

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post this review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

My friend and I stayed in Fairmont for a week from 30/01 till 06/02 and the people who work there made our stay really nice and unforgettable. During the stay, my friend had her 25th Birthday and I wanted to make her day special. So with the help of Mr. Prageeth Kumar and Ms. Rhoda is became possible. First of all, they brought champaigne with cake with special words "Happy Birthday, Valeriya" to our room. After that, I asked to prepare table at breakfast with balloons which I brought from Russia. Also my friend is so fond of McDonalds that I asked them to bring something from there and to put it on the table. I wasn't sure they will do that. But they did! She was so happy, so was I that everything looked exactly how I wanted. I am very grateful to this hotel, to Mr. Kumar and to everyone else who made our stay unforgettable. Moreover, I would likt to mention that all rooms are clean and nice, Internet is very fast and good, food is delicious and shisha is not expensive! So I recommend everyone to choose particularly this hotel. Regards, Nataliya.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nataliya M
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Nataliya,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to post this wonderful review. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated. It is also a pleasure to share your compliments to our entire team particularly Prageeth and Rhoda who made your recent stay an unforgettable one.

Once again, thank you for choosing Fairmont Bab Al Bahr and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.