“Excellent”

Ranked #19 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We stayed for 8 nights in February to celebrate my birthday and retirement. We have been many times in Dubai for a holiday in winter and always stayed in The Jumeirah Beach Hotel, so going to a different hotel and to Abu Dhabi, was a bit of an change for us. I have to say it was great. Abu Dhabi is a good deal less frantic than Dubai, maybe doesn't have the glitz, but we liked it a lot.

The Fairmont was excellent in almost every respect. We took the club package and that was great value with the staff in the lounge looking after us superbly well. They even produced a cake on my birthday. OK, it was 1000 calories a slice but a very nice touch. The evening happy hour is great fun and a nice way to meet your fellow guests. We met some lovely people. Food in all of the outlets was fantastic and the Friday brunch was one of the best buffets I have ever seen. My starters were foie gras, oysters and a bit of waffle stuffed with caviar and clotted cream. Sounds like I'm a real pig, but it was small portions and that's what a buffet is all about, right? The Marco Pierre White station at the buffet was fabulous and the roast beef that I had was just the best I have ever had and I'm picky about beef.

Our only gripe was the overcrowding at the pool. There's plenty of room at the beach, but if you want to be at the pool then be prepared for your fellow guests to be just a metre away from your sunbed. There is so much frontage at this hotel that I'm sure the pool area could be extended so that we are not crammed together like sardines. That apart, it was a fantastic holiday and we will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Eckstuff
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Eckstuff,

Thank you very much for celebrating your birthday and retirement at the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr. We are pleased that you had a great stay with us and that you particularly enjoyed our Friday Brunch. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I have shared your comments with our relevant departments.

Our entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Nils Axing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (611)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rothley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Just had a 9day break at the Fairmont staying on the Gold floor. staff in the hotel in all departments were fantastic could not do enough.
Had a slight problem with the buffet dinner, management pulled out all the stops especially the manager of Frankies restaurants.
Going back in October.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GeoffBarnes B
Penarth South Wales
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed in Room 229 for 6 nights

Loved the hotel. Can't really fault it except for....

Charging for Wi-fi! AED100 for 24 hours!

Your wifi should be free of charge to all your paying guests. We could wander along to the next door Traders and Shangri-la Hotels and sit in their lobby and use their free wifi for as long as we wanted...

.....but Fairmont charge! Not on!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Toopicky
Penticton, Canada
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Visiting my niece (Dawn Kuzemski Gold Club member) she wanted me to experience a stay at your hotel. I am very glad we took the time to stay with you. I have never experienced such exceptional customer service. I would like to thank Joyce Kihembo, Charlon Ballesteros and Rodrigo (I don't have last name) for making my first but not last stay at your hotel something to talk about for the rest of my life. I know now why my niece speaks so highly about your hotel and why she would never consider staying any where else.
Again, I would like to thank you and your staff for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Faye A
dubai
Reviewed 23 March 2014

nice looking modern building spread over landscaped gardens and access to private beach. beach is artificial and water is stagnant and not very clear. pool is nice with multiple areas fo children.
rooms are spacious with modern comfortable furniture, floor to roof windows overlooking the city or the lagoon and beyond that ritz carlton and the grand mosque. the only gripe is the open concept bathrooms with glass wall. I cannot fathom the logic behind this.
check in is smooth as is the check out.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ARA01
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I like everything about this hotel. My family and some friends took a quick weekend getaway at this hotel and we were all amazed and felt really satisfied with our choice. The pool first was just great. We stayed at a Sea View room and it was just amazing. The breakfast was also good, they had an Asian station which you don't find on many other hotels. I highly recommend this hotel. Will definitely plan another stay soon.

Room Tip: Sea View Room
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jay M
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Jay M,

Greetings from Fairmont Bab Al Bahr!

Thank you for taking the time to share this review and for choosing to stay with us while visiting Abu Dhabi. It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest. Our entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 20 March 2014

From the outside the design of this hotel is a bit off putting....black glass and chrome block shape. Go inside however and find a nice contemporary hotel with the biggest hotel pool and hot tub I have ever used. We stayed on the Club floor for one night and loved everything about our room and stay.

The staff were attentive, room service was fast, room design and bathroom really nice. Hotel car picked us up after a concert on Yas Island and arrived on time and was well worth not waiting for a taxi and paying for.

Only comment - Club level breakfast choices were limited for a hotel of its size.

Room Tip: Opt for a view of the water not the city,
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cal560
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear Cal560,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to post your review. We value all our guest comments and therefore have shared your feedback with the relevant departments.

Once again, thank you for choosing Fairmont Bab Al Bahr and we look forward to your next visit.