“Blissful stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairmont Bab Al Bahr

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Fairmont Bab Al Bahr
Ranked #16 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Blissful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Loved it! As soon as we arrived we were greeted and treated as we were royalty. The staff were lovely, Jorge on the front desk was lovely and checked us in. The room we were in was on the second floor, I asked for a room on a higher floor. I had booked a Fairmont view room, which meant that we had a view of the Grand mosque. Stunning! Floor to ceiling windows which was just breath taking.

Karen and Benjy at the concierge desk were super cute and helpful. We had a good giggle with them.

We ate at one of the restaurants in the hotel on the first night. We didn't ask the price, it was a buffet which was nice, but a little pricey for what it was.

Breakfast was vast and varied, it catered to everyones needs.

I really enjoyed my stay here, and would recommend this hotel to all. They run a shuttle service free of charge. You need to reserve a seat as it caters for a few hotels on the stretch. It is a great service dropping and picking up from all the main attractions.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Eastern_Angel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (606)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

This hotel has lots of restaurants, a great pool area, and a beach along the canal, but its best feature is an amazing view of the Grand Mosque. My room had an amazing view, and it was absolutely worth the extra cost. My room was spacious, clean, and the bathroom was well designed. The lobby was nice, and the staff was very helpful. I used the courtesy van to go to the Grand Mosque, which is free, so that was great. I took a cab back, and it was cheap. The breakfast was good, and the steakhouse was excellent, but my favorite area was the outdoor eating area with that great view. You could enjoy several days at this hotel without ever leaving, but do make sure to check out the Mosque and the downtown area. My only negative was the cost of the wifi.

Room Tip: The extra cost for the rooms on the side with the views of the mosque, pools, and beach is completel...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank MizzouLizard
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear MizzouLizard,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your review. I will ensure that your compliments and feedback will be conveyed to our entire team.

Once again, thank you for choosing Fairmont Bab Al Bahr and we look forward to your next visit.

Kindest regards,

Nils Axing
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 weeks over Xmas and new year. We upgrade to the gold floor level, which I would recommend. The creek rooms have the most incredible views. Very relaxing and never felt too crowded even when the the hotel was at full capacity. Hope to return one day.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LCAVA
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

We stayed for 8 nights in February to celebrate my birthday and retirement. We have been many times in Dubai for a holiday in winter and always stayed in The Jumeirah Beach Hotel, so going to a different hotel and to Abu Dhabi, was a bit of an change for us. I have to say it was great. Abu Dhabi is a good deal less frantic than Dubai, maybe doesn't have the glitz, but we liked it a lot.

The Fairmont was excellent in almost every respect. We took the club package and that was great value with the staff in the lounge looking after us superbly well. They even produced a cake on my birthday. OK, it was 1000 calories a slice but a very nice touch. The evening happy hour is great fun and a nice way to meet your fellow guests. We met some lovely people. Food in all of the outlets was fantastic and the Friday brunch was one of the best buffets I have ever seen. My starters were foie gras, oysters and a bit of waffle stuffed with caviar and clotted cream. Sounds like I'm a real pig, but it was small portions and that's what a buffet is all about, right? The Marco Pierre White station at the buffet was fabulous and the roast beef that I had was just the best I have ever had and I'm picky about beef.

Our only gripe was the overcrowding at the pool. There's plenty of room at the beach, but if you want to be at the pool then be prepared for your fellow guests to be just a metre away from your sunbed. There is so much frontage at this hotel that I'm sure the pool area could be extended so that we are not crammed together like sardines. That apart, it was a fantastic holiday and we will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Eckstuff
Dear Eckstuff,

Thank you very much for celebrating your birthday and retirement at the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr. We are pleased that you had a great stay with us and that you particularly enjoyed our Friday Brunch. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I have shared your comments with our relevant departments.

Our entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Nils Axing
Rothley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Just had a 9day break at the Fairmont staying on the Gold floor. staff in the hotel in all departments were fantastic could not do enough.
Had a slight problem with the buffet dinner, management pulled out all the stops especially the manager of Frankies restaurants.
Going back in October.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GeoffBarnes B
Penarth South Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed in Room 229 for 6 nights

Loved the hotel. Can't really fault it except for....

Charging for Wi-fi! AED100 for 24 hours!

Your wifi should be free of charge to all your paying guests. We could wander along to the next door Traders and Shangri-la Hotels and sit in their lobby and use their free wifi for as long as we wanted...

.....but Fairmont charge! Not on!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Toopicky
Penticton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Visiting my niece (Dawn Kuzemski Gold Club member) she wanted me to experience a stay at your hotel. I am very glad we took the time to stay with you. I have never experienced such exceptional customer service. I would like to thank Joyce Kihembo, Charlon Ballesteros and Rodrigo (I don't have last name) for making my first but not last stay at your hotel something to talk about for the rest of my life. I know now why my niece speaks so highly about your hotel and why she would never consider staying any where else.
Again, I would like to thank you and your staff for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family