Fairmont Bab Al Bahr
Hilton Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)
US$212
US$125
  • Pool
Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$68
US$377
US$313
2,947 results
All reviewsgold floorgrand mosquecedar loungemosque viewmarco pierrecuiscene restaurantcreek view roomwet roomsheikh zayed mosquefloor to ceiling windowspool barlebanese restaurantpool staffsun loungersfabulous hotelbeach areavisit to abu dhabi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I want to express my disappointment with my stay. The room was musty, and the tile floor was dirty, especially in the bathroom. Not sanitary. The lighting was wired opposite of most directional switches in the UAE, and if you turned one master switch off by the bed you had to go to the master switch by the door just to turn the bathroom lights on. To make things worse, EVERY time we left our room and came back the room key did not work and would have to go all the way back down to reception for reprogram of the key. We had to do this 5 times in our overnight stay. Another complaint was the children allowed to be at the pool bar to just play, and swim. My fiancé and I were only trying to relax and have some food and drink at the swim up bar. Also at this bar, loud Arabic (muslim) youth were drinking without being asked of their age or religion (drinking by muslim is prohibited in the UAE). I stayed in room 428 of Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, Abu Dhabi on Friday April 25, 2014. In this day and age, customer reviews of a hotel are a very large promotion or demotion to the property. Most people read the reviews and much of their decision is on what they read and honest opinions of previous guests of the hotel. I want to write a review of this property and express my displeasure. I can only hope someone in management even cares. I will never stay there again. thanks

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
8  Thank Shawn M
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My wife, son and I had the best 4 night stay at the fantastic Fairmont Hotel. We loved the room on Level 2 overlooking the beach and Grand Mosque. We enjoyed the resort style with the exceptional pool area, heated spa, beach and pool bar.
The breakfast was great with choice of eating indoors or outside. We usually chose outside as it's not too hot before 9am.
We must congratulate the Concierge team, who were always most helpful.
We took advantage of the free shuttle bus to the Grand Mosque and the Marina Mall shopping centre.
Our room overlooked the area used for outdoor weddings and we managed to see two weddings during our stay.
We tried Frankies Restaurant, which was fine but a little overpriced, although the service was excellent. We also tried the International buffet at the Cuisine restaurant, which was good. Room service meals were also excellent quality.
I would definitely return to this lovely modern hotel again, where the staff go out of their way to help.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the view over the beach and Grand Mosque from Level 2.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Travers M
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed at the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr for four days following 9 days in the Seychelles. As a Presidents' Club member, I upgraded our room and we had a spectacular view of the waterway and the Grand Mosque. Neither of us had been to the UAE before, and the Bab Al Bahr was a perfect place for us to acclimate.

The staff could not have been more attentive, particularly the Presidents' Club concierge team. We were given fantastic advice for sights, signed up for a desert safari, and otherwise oriented -- our room was more than we could have imagined, and we even received a bouquet of fresh roses on our anniversary. Our room rate included breakfast and dinner in the buffet restaurant, which blew our minds with its diversity and quality. We felt invisible to the traditional Emirati guests (which was what we'd hoped for!) and were able to largely downplay our "westernness." The restaurant staff were not well-schooled in wine service, but my sense is that because alcohol is not permitted in the traditional culture, it's just not terribly common and good training is hard to come by. Internet was spotty in the restaurant and non-existent outside at the pool or outdoor dining area; I don't think we had it in our room, but I could be wrong.

The pool was lovely, although it was sort of weird to have the loungers set on real grass. The grass was cool and refreshing...however it got kind of muddy and I felt guilty going into the pool with dirty feet. There weren't foot showers anywhere nearby, so I guess it is just one of those things. Service at the pool was also delightful, and a little difficult to get used to at first. This is a Fairmont quality thing, and I had to work hard to be willing to accept iced bottles of water, a frequently-refreshed ice bucket, and a constant supply of fresh towels without tipping. Did I get used to it??? Heck, yes! It was too cool (surprisingly) to go into the water at the hotel's private beach, although many people chose to orient on the sand rather than near the pool.

Our room seemed to be cleaned or straightened anytime we left it, no matter how briefly. On one hand it was a little creepy...on the other hand, FANTASTIC! If you've ever been disappointed by coming back after a long day to a dirty room, you'll appreciate the difference that all-hands-on-deck makes. Despite sold-out status, the hotel's housekeeping and hospitality made us feel as though we were the only ones there.

Another interesting cultural element was what felt like an early closing time for the bars, even on Thursday night (the big party night). We took Shisha and cocktails in the lounge on the seaside back lawn, and were surprised how abruptly the music shut down and lights came back on when it was time to go. "It's MIDNIGHT," the server told us as though we were scandalous (and crazy) for staying out so late. "You must now go!" We still laugh at ourselves for this :)

My only real complaint is that the air conditioner was surprisingly loud and had a slight musty smell. I think the smell and the sound were related, and that something in the unit was malfunctioning. We reported this upon check-out, as it wasn't a really big deal during our stay.

We loved our visit to the FBAB and would not hesitate to book there again in the future!

Room Tip: We loved our room overlooking the waterway; floor to ceiling windows let in all kinds of light and still didn't make the room too hot. We were near the elevator but had no problems with noise, whatsoever.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear dmuzik1090,

Greetings from Fairmont Bab Al Bahr!

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your review. We value all our guest comments and therefore have shared your feedback with the relevant departments. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again for another memorable stay in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Nils Axing

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I've just left the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr after five days there for business, and I'm very glad that I stayed there. The view -- especially of the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque -- is spectacular, and the beach-side pools are a perfect respite from the heat. The front-desk staff was helpful with every request, and the restaurants are stellar. (Of particular note is the brunch, but the evening buffet is equally decadent and delicious.) Not the perfect location for sight-seeing -- you'll spend a bit of time in taxis -- but the rooms are great, especially the soaking tubs and glass shower rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the water and the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank EAPster
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear EAPster,

Thank you for choosing Fairmont Bab Al Bahr and providing your valuable feedback. Our entire team is delighted that you have enjoyed your recent stay. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again for another great experience in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Nils Axing

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Very good hotel with nice pool!!! All day sun! Very good food, good prices, it was al great!!! The staff was also very friendly. The location is not that great but taxi is so cheap, so not a problem at all! Our daughter was treated like a little princess!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family