“Great stay”

Ranked #22 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Great stay”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

It was only one night but it was well worth it. I wish I had booked more time. The staff at the Concierge was helpful in coordinating a tour of the Grand Mosque and a possible Desert Safari, which I didn't partake in. You must visit the spectacular mosque! The brunch at the Cuiscene Restaurant was everything I expected and more. It was rated the best Brunch in all of Abu Dhabi by Timeout Magazine and it lived up to it's review. The pool was great and the staff was as warm as the weather. Bonus...lots of beautiful people! I highly recommend this location for a few nights stay or longer.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the water.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank trinimc
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear trinimc,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback and recommendation. We are very pleased to know that you had a great stay with us and that you particularly enjoyed our Friday Brunch at CuiScene. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Nils Axing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (629)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pembroke
Reviewed 6 June 2014

A stunning hotel with a spectacular view of the Grand Mosque. Very stylish with very impressive rooms. Wonderful staff who can't do enough to help you. The pool is amazing. Would go again at the drop of a hat!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Mark H
Salwá, Al Kuwayt, Kuwait
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed again in Fairmont Bab Al-Bahar for 3 days to attend an annual convention. I was given an instant upgrade to a room with the a premium view on the creek and Sheikh Zayed Mosque.

The overall stay was good, rooms were getting a bit depreciated and the hotel management need to pay attention to some details of the room's decoration.

The only 2 negatives about this hotel is the location as it's really far away from the city center and the fact that most in house services and products were overpriced especially the in-room dining.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Samer A
Dear Samer A,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for choosing the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr and sharing your hotel experience once again. We value all our guests comments and have conveyed your feedback with the relevant departments.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back for another wonderful stay in the near future.

Paris
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I had a lovely 2 weeks stay at the hotel who is most comfortable and beautifully appointed & the staff is so kind ! Special thanks to the room service people who were so nice. The gym and swimming pool are also tiptop !

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Didnt stay here only visited for the day (Saturday) to use the pool/beach. Had one voucher for free entry from attending a brunch, this is a great deal which they seem to be handing out to all brunch attendees all the time?! Entry otherwise was 160AED for the day which i felt was decent value for money.

Arrievd around 1000 and while the loungers by the pool area were filling up the ones on the beach were nearly all free. picked two nearest the pool area so had the best fo both worlds. Beach area was great, there were some kayaks laying around but there isn much sea area within the fenced off area so not sure you'd get much use out of them.

Pool is an excellent layout with plenty of little alcoves, large central space and also long enough for decent lengths. Swim up pool bar is excellent and worked through some of the cocktails on offer. The attached restaurant was also very nice and the pizza and caesar salad we ordered were excellent.

Good value for an excellent day in the sun.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank desertdog83
Zanzibar Island, Tanzania
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed at the Fairmont with my sister during my birthday weekend last September. It has always been a hotel I've wanted to experience staying in, because I love everything about it! From the modern decor to its location to its fabulous restaurants and beautiful pool area. When there was a special offer on, I jumped at the chance, and it did not disappoint!

The staff were beyond friendly, offering us complimentary internet when they saw our hesitation at the price. We were also given an upgrade when they noticed it was my birthday the next day!

Our view was that of the Grand Mosque side, which is breathtaking. Breakfast in CuiScene had wide variety, even though I am not even a breakfast person, I could not help but join my sister in indulging. Our only qualm was the shower room, where the shower head was outside of the bathtub (as is the design) but this did not leave much space, as well as the water leaked into the toilet area a bit. But this did not deter our opinion on how amazing the hotel was.

There was one creepy moment where we were being stalked by a shady dude from the pool bar up to our room, but Security handled it prompty and professionally without us even asking them to; they were on top of it as soon as they noticed our discomfort. I will definitely stay there again soon, even if there is no special offer I know of as of yet! ;)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Grand Mosque and you will wake up each morning with a smile on you...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank NJM88
Dear NJM88,

Greetings from Fairmont Bab Al Bahr!

Thank you very much for staying with us and providing your valuable feedback. It brings us great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to turn your moments into lasting memories.

Our entire team is looking foward to welcoming you back soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

What a lovely property to stay in! Me and my mum stayed for 3 nights for a relaxing break. It's not just the beautiful property that brings me to the fairmont, it's there attentive hard working team. I Could not fault my stay at all. Hotel rooms excellent, good choice of restaurants. We spent days by the pool and Maria looked after us every day in the sweltering heat, always smiling!! Great work fairmont Abu Dhabi I will be back again soon!

I wish they would open spa one day, it would be nice to have a massages available at the property.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family