“Just average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Just average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

I spent the day at the beach/pool and not a single person came to ask if i needed anything. The pool really is big and very enjoyable, but the beach is not that great. If you re looking to relax forget about it, this is a more hipe, party, cosmopolitan type of hotel. There is a bar inside the pool with loud good music, so its perfect just to hangout.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear Coxito,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I have shared your concerns with our relevant departments.

Once again, thank you for choosing Fairmont Bab Al Bahr and we look forward to your next visit.

Nils Axing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (606)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Riyadh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

It's outstanding !! I love Fairmont it's my second time there , very special place u can stay at the hotel and still enjoy it , the swimming pool is excellent the bed is very comfy and service over all is just 10 out of 10 !!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Reemahmedalmadani
Dear Reemahmedalmadani,

Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing once again your great experience at the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr. It is my pleasure to pass on your kind compliments to our entire team that made your recent stay a memorable one.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reading
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We spent 10nights at this hotel. Even the least expensive room (which we stayed in) was large and had a lovely wet room. The staff were beyond helpful and came in to clean the room twice a day. Restaurant staff were polite and couldn't do enough for you. Breakfast buffet had a wide range of choices, only downside being that they didn't offer pork options-although that is understandable being that the UAE is a Muslim country. The pool is pleasantly cool (much needed in the 40degree heat) and towels and bottles of water are provided for no charge. We had a great holiday and will definitely be returning to the Fairmont in the future.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cdunthorne
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

My stay here was amazing, I originally checked in just for one night but ended up staying 3 as I didn't want to leave. All staff we friendly, attentive and always predicted my every need. I'd like to say thank you to Made on front desk who delivered the smoothest and most welcoming check in I have ever recieved in this region. I can not remember all the names but the house keeping and in room dining team are a real credit to the hotel, they were all so friendly and helpful, never intrusive but made sure I had everything I wanted. All the staff at the health club were nice and friendly, checked if I needed anything but left me to do my thing. I also ate in the steak house and had drinks in Chameleon which we both amazing. I also attended brunch which really stood out for me as I was served by the most enthusiastic waiter I have ever had, he was excellent at his job and I could tell he really enjoyed it, I think his name was Jit. All in all it really was the most impressive service and hospitality, it really exceeded my expectations. Thank you!

Room Tip: Sign up to FPC for free wifi and upgrades on future stays.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Amy D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience at the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr. I will ensure that your kind compliments will be conveyed to our entire team particularly Made. It will be our pleasure to welcome you once again for another great stay in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights to celebrate my 21st Birthday, as the last destination on our 3 week vacation. We got free room upgrade, free birthday cake practically every day during our stay and even a free glass of alcohol on the evening of my bithday at Frankies Restaurant. From beginning to end the hotel staff were welcoming, exceptionally polite and made our stay at the Fairmont epic!
The views from our room was fantastic, as all the seaview rooms look onto the Sheik Zayed Mosque! :D
All the food we ate during our stay was of fantastic quality, especially the meal we had at Frankies Italian Restaurant! Even if you don't stay at this hotel when visiting Abu Dhabi, I highly recommend everyone to dine at Frankies or Marco Pierre Whits Steakhouse.
The swimming pool area is beautiful, and the temperature was perfect to dip in and out of when sunbathing in the high temperatures! However, don't attempt to go into the jacuzzi outside, it was absolutely boiling!
I highly recommend any visitor to Abu Dhabi to stay at this luxurious hotel, nearby hotels are the Shangri La and Traders of whom you can use their outside facilities by catching the boat outside the hotel.
The hotel is however, slightly out of the way for attractions such as the WaterWorld, Ferrari World, the Marina Mall and the Airport, but the service we got from chauffeur, taxis and shuttle bus service made the journey bearable. It is however in a great location for the Mosque.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a seaview room, the views of the Mosque at night before bed and when you wake up a...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Raggett20
Dear Raggett20,

Thank you very much for choosing Fairmont Bab Al Bahr to celebrate the special occasion of your 21st birthday. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay and our entire team was able to turn your moments into lasting memories. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again for another great experience in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Just returned from an 11 day stay hotel stayed on the 5th floor room 524 the room was 1st class serviced by Roy who is a real credit to the hotel they should be proud to have someone like him working for them nothing is too much trouble for him, Thanks Roy you made our stay v even better.
Stayed on a half board package which allows you to use Frankies Italian & marco pierre steak house instead of the Cuisence which is the buffet restaurant and they allow you 203 AED per person off your bill (food only) so all good.

If you use the steak house you will have the best steak ever on arrival my wife was offered a rose wine which turned out to be Pink Champagne which was 225 AED £36 per glass had we known this we would have had something else a bit steep for a small glass but you live and learn.
The choice in the buffet restaurant was excellent with something for everyone fresh sea food every day ,sushi the list is endless always had something we liked.

Special thanks to the waiter in the Cuisene to Hayder another real credit to the hotel he served us many times always with a smile on his face nothing was to much trouble for him.

If you fancy a change the hotel runs a boat shuttle service to the souk close by starts at 18.15 and runs every 20mins last boat back 23.40 you have an Indian, chinese, lebanese and steak house, only tried the Indian and chinese both very good portions very big so don't order too much you will only leave it.

The pool area always had plenty of sun loungers although the grass area was a bit crowded as part of the area was closed off as new turf had been laid, but plenty of beds on the beach and other areas so not a problem,you still get the same old problem though with people putting towels down and then disappearing for hours .

If you fancy a day out go for the half day desert safari it cost 290 AED booked through the hotel it includes driving over the sand dunes great fun,BBQ, belly dancing etc.

I would recommend this hotel as a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rozzee1959
kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I booked a summer offer in this hotel for 3 nights . its between city and airport . 15 minutes to airport . and 15 minutes to city by car . fantastic large rooms . clean . big and free Wi-Fi . great staff and very helpful . I would like to say thanks for ANNE . the president club reception girl . and thanks for all staff . nice and clean beach . lovely room dining .at 8 p.m the house keeping cross check rooms if you need any think !! nice restaurants . free parking for hotel guest .you feel that you are in home !! I will back here again . thanks Fairmont .

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ben-3eed
Dear ben-3eed,

On behalf of the our enitre team, I would like to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your lovely review. It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest. I have also shared your kind compliments and appreciation to our entire team particularly Anne.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.