“Wonderful !”

Ranked #22 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Wonderful !”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Highly recommended for a getaway far from the stress of Dubai. We have appreciated everything.Poolside was excellent and amazing service from the staff. Fairmont has a worldwide reputation for excellence which I have definitely noticed during our stay.

Room Tip: Get the rooms with a view on mosque
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ouss84
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Ouss84,

Greetings from Fairmont Bab Al Bahr!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this lovely review and recommendation. We are glad that you had a wonderful time while staying us. It will be our pleasure to welcome you once again for another great experience soon.

Nils Axing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (628)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Fairmont gold club for 15 nights. On arrival at the hotel we were unsure where we needed to go. A member of staff took our bags out of the taxi and told us to go to reception. We queued at reception and were just told to get in the lift and get out at the 7th floor. We were concerned where our bags would end up. We usually stay in the gold club in hotels and we are always met by a member of staff who escorts us to the gold club.

The staff in the gold club were excellent. The food was good quality. Our only problem was they had the same sandwiches everyday for afternoon tea which just got too much to take as we were staying for so long. The canapes in the evening were different everyday so we couldn't understand how they couldn't have different sandwiches for afternoon tea!

The pool area is nice but they should pave the grass area as it was just a mud pool when we were there as the hotel was so busy. It smelt and was just disguisting and not what you would expect from a five star hotel. The beach was ok but the sea is not nice but this seems to be the norm in this part of the world. I'm more of a pool person so this didn't bother me.

The restaurants were good. The buffet restaurant has a great selection of food. We also ate in Frankies which in my opinion is like a pizza express but apparently it has won awards.

Another thing I didn't like is that if we asked staff a question and they didn't know the answer they just seemed to make one up which is a bit annoying! The fact that so many members of staff did this made us think it is hotel policy. If it is hotel policy I think they should tell staff to say they don't know the answer to a question if they don't know!

Overall we had a very pleasant stay and would definitely return.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Matilda2015,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to post your review. We are sorry to know that there were inconveniences during your recent stay. We value all our guest comments and therefore have shared your concerns with the relevant departments. Your feedback regarding our sunbathing area lawn has been noted and rectified accordingly.

We look forward to welcoming you once again at the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My trip was to Abu Dhabi was to meet up with my daughter who had been pack packing around Asia, and wanted some luxury before she returned back to England. She certainly got luxury, as did I. I can not fault the staff working there. They could not do enough for you, and even if you didn't need anything, they would smile and say good morning. We stayed half board, and the food for both breakfast and dinner was varied, very well cooked, making it a very enjoyable experience! I had been warned that as 2 females, we might be looked down on slightly, couldn't be further from the truth from the staff at this hotel. They did everything possible to make our stay special. The room we had was just lovely, queen sized beds each, an amazing view, plenty of room for luggage, cleaned daily, with a turn down service in the evenings. Poolside was excellent, including a lovely pool, and amazing service yet again from the staff. The only reason I wouldn't give this a 5 star review was because on our last night we ate at Frankies Restaurant, not part of our half board deal. The food wasn't brilliant, dry pasta, al dente risotto rice, but just a little bit too al dente for me. Abu Dhabi is expensive, and we were looking forward to this meal, as an expensive send off from a brilliant break. We paid that bill, but didn't feel elated. Overall, if I was to visit Abu Dhabi again, I would stay there, and if I visit other countries, I would check if they had a Fairmont hotel there, as I can easily say it is the best hotel I have stayed in

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear Susan M,

Thank you very much for choosing Fairmont Bab Al Bahr. It was a pleasure to share your kind compliments especially regarding our service to our entire team. I have also conveyed your valuable feedback concerning Frankie's Restaurant to the relevant departments. We are sorry to know that your dining experience did not live up to your expectations this time.

We look forward to welcoming you once again on your next Abu Dhabi trip.

Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

I spent the day at the beach/pool and not a single person came to ask if i needed anything. The pool really is big and very enjoyable, but the beach is not that great. If you re looking to relax forget about it, this is a more hipe, party, cosmopolitan type of hotel. There is a bar inside the pool with loud good music, so its perfect just to hangout.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dear Coxito,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I have shared your concerns with our relevant departments.

Once again, thank you for choosing Fairmont Bab Al Bahr and we look forward to your next visit.

Riyadh
Reviewed 21 August 2014

It's outstanding !! I love Fairmont it's my second time there , very special place u can stay at the hotel and still enjoy it , the swimming pool is excellent the bed is very comfy and service over all is just 10 out of 10 !!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Reemahmedalmadani
Dear Reemahmedalmadani,

Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing once again your great experience at the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr. It is my pleasure to pass on your kind compliments to our entire team that made your recent stay a memorable one.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reading
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We spent 10nights at this hotel. Even the least expensive room (which we stayed in) was large and had a lovely wet room. The staff were beyond helpful and came in to clean the room twice a day. Restaurant staff were polite and couldn't do enough for you. Breakfast buffet had a wide range of choices, only downside being that they didn't offer pork options-although that is understandable being that the UAE is a Muslim country. The pool is pleasantly cool (much needed in the 40degree heat) and towels and bottles of water are provided for no charge. We had a great holiday and will definitely be returning to the Fairmont in the future.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cdunthorne
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My stay here was amazing, I originally checked in just for one night but ended up staying 3 as I didn't want to leave. All staff we friendly, attentive and always predicted my every need. I'd like to say thank you to Made on front desk who delivered the smoothest and most welcoming check in I have ever recieved in this region. I can not remember all the names but the house keeping and in room dining team are a real credit to the hotel, they were all so friendly and helpful, never intrusive but made sure I had everything I wanted. All the staff at the health club were nice and friendly, checked if I needed anything but left me to do my thing. I also ate in the steak house and had drinks in Chameleon which we both amazing. I also attended brunch which really stood out for me as I was served by the most enthusiastic waiter I have ever had, he was excellent at his job and I could tell he really enjoyed it, I think his name was Jit. All in all it really was the most impressive service and hospitality, it really exceeded my expectations. Thank you!

Room Tip: Sign up to FPC for free wifi and upgrades on future stays.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Amy D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience at the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr. I will ensure that your kind compliments will be conveyed to our entire team particularly Made. It will be our pleasure to welcome you once again for another great stay in the near future.