“Nice view from your room”

Fairmont Bab Al Bahr
Ranked #25 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 29 August 2014

A very comfortable place to stay with especially with family and kids. I love their pool for the kids as well as for the adults with a bar on the side of pool.
Would love to return to this hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Neilyn U

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed at the Bab Al Bahr in early August for 2 weeks on half board basis.

The rooms are very spacious and modern also very clean( ask for a mosque view room).

When staying on half board your meals are in the cuiscene restaurant both breakfast and dinner are buffet style.
We did not have a bad meal in the 2 weeks we stayed, for dinner there are food stations from all over the world including seafood/salads/arabic/indian/british and asian what a choice.
Breakfast was also very good, again food for all types the only thing you cannot get is bacon as we know it, in the Fairmont it is beef bacon not that bad, there is a station cooking omlettes or fried eggs, once again all top quality.
We also had a meal in Frankies the Italian, this was also a very high standard, you can do this while staying half board all you do is book at reception, but remember you will be charged anything above the meal tarriff from Cuiscene.
Now to the staff who I must say are all exeptional something the Fairmont should be very proud of, here are some of the names and areas they work in.
The hotel runs a free mini bus shuttle into the city this takes about 50 minutes to an hour, a taxi take approx 25 minutes at an average cost of 40 dirhams(£8) this was going to the Abu Dhabi Mall.A taxi to the F1 circuit and Ferrari world is around the same price.
Roshan in the Hotel Reception
Fazloon in Cuiscene
Daniel/Krishnan/Nitesh and Maria around the pool bar.
Sorry I cannot remember everybody's name but again all I can say is THANK YOU all for making our stay a fantastic 1.

Room Tip: A Mosque view room, brilliant.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Finnster58
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Finnster58,

Greetings from Fairmont Bab Al Bahr!

Thank you very much for staying with us while visiting Abu Dhabi and taking the time to post your lovely review. Your kind compliments are greatly appreciated. I will ensure to share them with our entire team who made your recent visit a memorable one. It will be our pleasure to welcome you once again for another wonderful stay in the near future.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We booked this hotel only for a weekend for a early celebration of my birthday.
Our flight was arriving to Abu Dhabi very early in the morning so I had asked if possible to check in early, mentioning also the reason of the journey. I was promissed by the reservation team that they would do their best if a room was available. And indeed when we arrived at the 8 am the room was ready. the check in was fast, the room was big and very nicely decorated.
The swimming pool was very beautiful, this was actually the main reason I booked this hotel. But some of the guests were not careful in using it. From the pool you can walk to the beach, there are some showers available to take of the sand and come use again the swimming pool, but some of the guest were not doing it so the pool was a bit dirty. One night they closed it sooner for this reason to clean it. Which was good. the service at the pool was excellent, the food, drinks everything. the free ice creams were great during the hot hours at the sun. We mostly used the pool in the evening as it was too hot during the day.
After visitng the swimming pool, the reception called us to inform us of a small surprize for me. They didn't forget my birthday and send me a delicious chocolate cake. This was a great attention from them. I appreciated it very much. Thank you.
Normally there is no WI-FI free connection, unless you book the GOLD room, but they still gave me the WIFI but making me a Fairmont member. Thanks again.
The hotel is very beautifully decorated, the lobby smells so fresh and so nice with the cristal sofa's just great.
We had a room at the second floor,so we took the elevator to the third floor for making better pictures at the seaview. the staff there was very kind and thy offered us a small tour at the floor.
From the restarants we tried the cuisine buffet. Which was good but not that great. the price was not expensive 203 dirham per person but I must say I have had a better buffet in Dubai.
Over all it was a great getaway weekend for us and we fully enjoyed it.

Room Tip: try to get a room with the Sea view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adaBrussel

Dear adaBrussel,

Thank you very much for choosing Fairmont Bab Al Bahr to celebrate the special occasion of your birthday. It brings us great pleasure to know that you had a wonderful stay and we were able to turn your moments into lasting memories. Our entire team is looking forward to welcoming you once again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Just returned from an excellent 5 night stay with my family at the Fairmont Bab al Bahr. Excellent service from everyone we had the pleasure of meeting, especially Made on reception who assisted us with room requests before our arrival, thanks again Made. The staff at Frankie's were super with the boys, Angel and Karen were very attentive with Luke and Sam, Thank you. Food was out of this world and nothing was a problem assisting with my 3 year old's food allergy. Room service was very quick and excellent again.
Poolside service was excellent, the lifeguards always happy to see the boys and happy to loan out their own pool toys and life vests. Water and ice buckets were always available and never a problem getting sunbeds with the assistance of the staff.
We were very lucky to get a room upgrade to a Mosque view (room 423) which was very special The view was amazing both morning and night.
Overall an excellent property with excellent staff and services, will be hard to beat and I felt we were all spoilt so much it will be hard for future holiday hotels to live up to the Fairmont.
Hoping for a return next year.

Room Tip: Try for a Mosque view room as I am sure supplement isn't too much.
1  Thank danielle w

Dear danielle w,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your great experience at the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr. It was indeed a pleasure to have you as our guest. I will certainly share your kind compliments to our entire team especially to Made, Angel, Karen, Luke and Sam. We are looking forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful stay in the near future.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Highly recommended for a getaway far from the stress of Dubai. We have appreciated everything.Poolside was excellent and amazing service from the staff. Fairmont has a worldwide reputation for excellence which I have definitely noticed during our stay.

Room Tip: Get the rooms with a view on mosque
2  Thank Ouss84

Dear Ouss84,

Greetings from Fairmont Bab Al Bahr!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this lovely review and recommendation. We are glad that you had a wonderful time while staying us. It will be our pleasure to welcome you once again for another great experience soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Fairmont gold club for 15 nights. On arrival at the hotel we were unsure where we needed to go. A member of staff took our bags out of the taxi and told us to go to reception. We queued at reception and were just told to get in the lift and get out at the 7th floor. We were concerned where our bags would end up. We usually stay in the gold club in hotels and we are always met by a member of staff who escorts us to the gold club.

The staff in the gold club were excellent. The food was good quality. Our only problem was they had the same sandwiches everyday for afternoon tea which just got too much to take as we were staying for so long. The canapes in the evening were different everyday so we couldn't understand how they couldn't have different sandwiches for afternoon tea!

The pool area is nice but they should pave the grass area as it was just a mud pool when we were there as the hotel was so busy. It smelt and was just disguisting and not what you would expect from a five star hotel. The beach was ok but the sea is not nice but this seems to be the norm in this part of the world. I'm more of a pool person so this didn't bother me.

The restaurants were good. The buffet restaurant has a great selection of food. We also ate in Frankies which in my opinion is like a pizza express but apparently it has won awards.

Another thing I didn't like is that if we asked staff a question and they didn't know the answer they just seemed to make one up which is a bit annoying! The fact that so many members of staff did this made us think it is hotel policy. If it is hotel policy I think they should tell staff to say they don't know the answer to a question if they don't know!

Overall we had a very pleasant stay and would definitely return.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Matilda2015,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to post your review. We are sorry to know that there were inconveniences during your recent stay. We value all our guest comments and therefore have shared your concerns with the relevant departments. Your feedback regarding our sunbathing area lawn has been noted and rectified accordingly.

We look forward to welcoming you once again at the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

My trip was to Abu Dhabi was to meet up with my daughter who had been pack packing around Asia, and wanted some luxury before she returned back to England. She certainly got luxury, as did I. I can not fault the staff working there. They could not do enough for you, and even if you didn't need anything, they would smile and say good morning. We stayed half board, and the food for both breakfast and dinner was varied, very well cooked, making it a very enjoyable experience! I had been warned that as 2 females, we might be looked down on slightly, couldn't be further from the truth from the staff at this hotel. They did everything possible to make our stay special. The room we had was just lovely, queen sized beds each, an amazing view, plenty of room for luggage, cleaned daily, with a turn down service in the evenings. Poolside was excellent, including a lovely pool, and amazing service yet again from the staff. The only reason I wouldn't give this a 5 star review was because on our last night we ate at Frankies Restaurant, not part of our half board deal. The food wasn't brilliant, dry pasta, al dente risotto rice, but just a little bit too al dente for me. Abu Dhabi is expensive, and we were looking forward to this meal, as an expensive send off from a brilliant break. We paid that bill, but didn't feel elated. Overall, if I was to visit Abu Dhabi again, I would stay there, and if I visit other countries, I would check if they had a Fairmont hotel there, as I can easily say it is the best hotel I have stayed in

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Susan M,

Thank you very much for choosing Fairmont Bab Al Bahr. It was a pleasure to share your kind compliments especially regarding our service to our entire team. I have also conveyed your valuable feedback concerning Frankie's Restaurant to the relevant departments. We are sorry to know that your dining experience did not live up to your expectations this time.

We look forward to welcoming you once again on your next Abu Dhabi trip.