“Very comfortable stay”

Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi - Yas Island
Ranked #45 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I recently spent 4 nights at the Crowne Plaza. The room was excellent despite not having a balcony, very light and clean, and a hotel that does not charge for an internet connection invariably makes a positive impression on me. The TV was okay and I appreciated the small hifi with iPod dock which I used a lot. Best of all had to be the mattress, it was firm but not as hard as the majority of other hotels that I stay in and I slept very well. The buffet restaurant was very good and although one of the local sparrows left a small deposit on my shirt when I was breakfasting on the outside balcony, this did not detract from my enjoyment of the facilities!
The business facilities were good and the staff courteous and attentive.
The pool was nice but fairly small would have been inadequate for teenagers or other active people.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
NiamhK, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi - Yas Island, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your valued review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us especially our complimentary internet access and comfortable beds and we hope that we can welcome you back for an even better stay (with no local sparrows flying low!) in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi - Yas Island

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I've been there April 22nd to April 23rd, 2012 for a busniness meeting. The hotel is located on Yas Island about 15 minutes from the airport and direct beside the Formula 1 circuit.

I did not test the dining facilities but one Mexican restaurant (Park Inn) and bar (Rotana Hotel) in the other hotels in walking distance close by. Both I can recommend.

The rooms are beautiful, proper and well equiped. Free WiFi all around the hotel is available. Pool area is also very nice. Only the lobby is a little unkind.

The service was standard but it should not have happened to give me an occupied room first.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
NiamhK, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi - Yas Island, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your valued review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us especially our rooms and pool area. We hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel again and you get the chance to sample one of our five bars and restaurants.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel is located at Yas Island around 30kms from Downtown Abu Dhabi, conveniently located to YAS MARINA CIRCUIT (F1 Track) and Ferrari World, but far from all the world class dinning and shopping venues that Abu Dhabi has.

The hotel is almost new like everything in Yas Island, it is really a nice area where all the sports and cultural entertainment in Abu Dhabi will be, as also Sadyaat Island is close from here and it will host museums and top restaurants.

The service here is great, from the security guard to the housekeeping everyone is amazing.

Rooms are beautiful and have plenty of TV Channels.

The pool is nice and all the decor is very trendy. I didnt use it, but people say that the sundower (Pool bar) in very good.

I recommend it for couples or families attending to events in teh area or going to Ferrari World.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking to the Golf club.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your valued review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our facilities and we hope that we can welcome you back for an even better stay in the near future. Next time you must try Sundowner!

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Finally!!!

A hotel where the room is brilliantly lit! Good job Crowne Plaza!

When I first opened the door to my room, I could tell that the stay was going to be pleasurable. I'm not sure how old the hotel is, but the "hip 70s" feel of the wallpaper made this room very alive. Light colored walls and strategically placed halogen lighting made the room feel warm and welcoming.

The bed was very comfortable. I wished I wasn't so tired from my work so I could have enjoyed it's luxurious feeling a bit longer.

I was fortunate enough to have a club privilege deal, so my breakfast was included with the stay. Great food and the staff there was right on top of things. A great outdoor view from there as well.

The pool area is very well done and very well maintained. Although I didn't have any time to enjoy it , I watched the early morning staff clean and prepare it for the hotels guests. Keep up the excellent work!

One word of caution is that there is one "sidewalk level" lighted water display which is bordered by a gap between the water and the sidewalk. I found that gap the hard way.

Ferrari World is on Yas Island so this hotel is conveniently located nearby for those that are considering a hotel nearby.

I want to thank all of the hotel staff for their great and friendly service. I will defiantly return if I'm back in the area.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your valued review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the decor of our rooms and we hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel again shortly so you can have time to fully enjoy our pool facilities.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

service is nice, though the check-in process needs to be improved; they have two ladies standing at the entrance serving any request regarding the hotel; food is good in general, gym is great with a squash place;

Reviewed 17 April 2012

What a treat to stay at this warm, welcoming, clean and delightful hotel in a great area in Abu Dhabi at Yas Island. The room was spacious, clean and had great amenities. The location in the Yas Island district is fabulous - it is walking distance to some of Yas Island's best sights, and easy access to everywhere. The breakfast was fabulous, with lots of great and tasty choices. However, with all that said, the best aspect of the hotel was the people - exceptionally accommodating, warm, great with advice on things to do and places to see, able to book great experiences for us, made me feel so comfortable and willing to do anything to make our trip great. Highly recommended!

1  Thank EmreGuler

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your valued review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were impressed by Yas Island. Please be assured that your wonderful comments will be passed on to the team here and we hope that we can welcome you back for an even better stay in the near future.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

My husband, son & parents stayed at this hotel twice while my parents were visiting us. It's in a perfect location, close to the airport, with a beautiful view of the Yas Links golf course. The pool area is lovely and the staff are very helpful, and were quite attentive to my baby son. The food is also great (especially the food at Stills) and prices are very reasonable. The only complaint I have is that the last time we stayed we were put into a smokers rooms (despite asking for a non-smoking) and were told we couldn't be moved. This was unfortunate as I really didn't want to put our 3 month old son in a smokers room. Luckily the room didn't smell too badly of cigarettes.

We will definitely be staying again.

Room Tip: Take the sea view. You can see Ostriches across the water from your room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your valued review. We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that we can welcome you back for an even better stay in the near future.