“New Hotel in the middle of...”

Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi - Yas Island
Ranked #42 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
“New Hotel in the middle of...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

This hotel is located on Yas Island - a new piece of land where besides the 7 hotels, the F1 circuit and the Ferrari World - there really isn't anything else (yet). If you are looking for a lot to do and culture - then is Yas island not for you. If you are looking for a nice place for nothing but R&R in sun and warmth for a few days - then it is perfect!!

The hotel is relatively new and looks nice -taking into consideration buildings built in this part of the world are done by workers from low cost countries. Unless you are a building expert or perfectionist, you will not notice little things like crooked tiles, walls, although I must admit it was hard not to notice the crooked toilet!! Also - the shower in the bath is in my opinion not the best construction and can be even dangerous to climb out of with wet feet - one of the people I met had already slipped and fell...

In any event - any imperfection in the building was far outweighed by the perfect service provided by every person we had the pleasure to deal with - from the very helpful front desk, the people at the pool, room service, restaurants etc. Everywhere help with a smile. It was a pleasure to give a tip - not an obligation.

All in all - a very enjoyable place to stay!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Alan D
NiamhK, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi - Yas Island, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your valued review, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please be assured that your great comments on the service we provide to our guests will be shared with the team here and and we hope that we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Niamh Keohan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Belgrade, Serbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

Have stayed twice now, once a room with a balcony and view across the pool and more recently the front rooms with views of the racecourse and ferrari world. Very quiet well appointed and clean. Love the bathrooms and the nice deep bath. The sleep pack is a wonderful touch and truly helps with jet lag.

Staff are courteous.

Breakfast variety is great.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your valued review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that we can welcome you back again for your third stay in the near future

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Overall service was great. What I love the most is the little things they provide like scents for better sleep. Room is spacious and clean. I think it's the cheapest hotel we could find in Yas Island too.

Location wise: there's nothing much around the island to go to anyway except for the Ferrari World. so we didn't think the location should be an issue. You can always get a cab if you wanna go around Yas.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your valued review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us especially our sleep amenities and we hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Hatfield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I recently spent 4 nights at the Crowne Plaza. The room was excellent despite not having a balcony, very light and clean, and a hotel that does not charge for an internet connection invariably makes a positive impression on me. The TV was okay and I appreciated the small hifi with iPod dock which I used a lot. Best of all had to be the mattress, it was firm but not as hard as the majority of other hotels that I stay in and I slept very well. The buffet restaurant was very good and although one of the local sparrows left a small deposit on my shirt when I was breakfasting on the outside balcony, this did not detract from my enjoyment of the facilities!
The business facilities were good and the staff courteous and attentive.
The pool was nice but fairly small would have been inadequate for teenagers or other active people.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your valued review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us especially our complimentary internet access and comfortable beds and we hope that we can welcome you back for an even better stay (with no local sparrows flying low!) in the near future.

Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I've been there April 22nd to April 23rd, 2012 for a busniness meeting. The hotel is located on Yas Island about 15 minutes from the airport and direct beside the Formula 1 circuit.

I did not test the dining facilities but one Mexican restaurant (Park Inn) and bar (Rotana Hotel) in the other hotels in walking distance close by. Both I can recommend.

The rooms are beautiful, proper and well equiped. Free WiFi all around the hotel is available. Pool area is also very nice. Only the lobby is a little unkind.

The service was standard but it should not have happened to give me an occupied room first.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
NiamhK, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi - Yas Island, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your valued review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us especially our rooms and pool area. We hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel again and you get the chance to sample one of our five bars and restaurants.

Guadalajara, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel is located at Yas Island around 30kms from Downtown Abu Dhabi, conveniently located to YAS MARINA CIRCUIT (F1 Track) and Ferrari World, but far from all the world class dinning and shopping venues that Abu Dhabi has.

The hotel is almost new like everything in Yas Island, it is really a nice area where all the sports and cultural entertainment in Abu Dhabi will be, as also Sadyaat Island is close from here and it will host museums and top restaurants.

The service here is great, from the security guard to the housekeeping everyone is amazing.

Rooms are beautiful and have plenty of TV Channels.

The pool is nice and all the decor is very trendy. I didnt use it, but people say that the sundower (Pool bar) in very good.

I recommend it for couples or families attending to events in teh area or going to Ferrari World.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking to the Golf club.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your valued review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our facilities and we hope that we can welcome you back for an even better stay in the near future. Next time you must try Sundowner!

Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

Finally!!!

A hotel where the room is brilliantly lit! Good job Crowne Plaza!

When I first opened the door to my room, I could tell that the stay was going to be pleasurable. I'm not sure how old the hotel is, but the "hip 70s" feel of the wallpaper made this room very alive. Light colored walls and strategically placed halogen lighting made the room feel warm and welcoming.

The bed was very comfortable. I wished I wasn't so tired from my work so I could have enjoyed it's luxurious feeling a bit longer.

I was fortunate enough to have a club privilege deal, so my breakfast was included with the stay. Great food and the staff there was right on top of things. A great outdoor view from there as well.

The pool area is very well done and very well maintained. Although I didn't have any time to enjoy it , I watched the early morning staff clean and prepare it for the hotels guests. Keep up the excellent work!

One word of caution is that there is one "sidewalk level" lighted water display which is bordered by a gap between the water and the sidewalk. I found that gap the hard way.

Ferrari World is on Yas Island so this hotel is conveniently located nearby for those that are considering a hotel nearby.

I want to thank all of the hotel staff for their great and friendly service. I will defiantly return if I'm back in the area.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your valued review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the decor of our rooms and we hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel again shortly so you can have time to fully enjoy our pool facilities.