“Great value of you need to be near the airport”

Park Inn by Radisson Abu Dhabi Yas Island
Ranked #42 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I have just returned from two nights at the Park Inn after being stranded in Abu Dhabi after not getting on 5 (yes 5) standby flights to Australia. As I needed to go back and forth between the hotel and the airport this was a great location costing about 25AED ($7 AUD) in a taxi each way. The first night I stayed at the hotel I arrived quite late and checked in and went straight to the Mexican restaurant. The room was a good size with two bottles of free water, a fridge (no mini bar), and basic amenities. I was surprised that the noise from the aircraft overhead was quite loud when in bed but I was tired so it didn't really disturb me. I ate dinner and lunch at the Mexican restaurant and it was quite nice, not amazing but you are quite isolated at the hotel so you've gotta take what you can. I had the buffet breakfast on the second day and it was great. Lots of choice of food and inside and outside tables. The pool is perfect, nice size with an outdoor bar and you can walk through to the Radisson next door (not sure if you are meant to but there was no one to check). There was a good selection of television channels and 24hr room service available. On the second night I needed to go to the airport to try for a flight, the hotel told me that they would hold my room in case I didn't get on the flight which I didn't and I returned to the room once again, this was a really nice gesture that I have not had offered at other hotels before. The first night I just arrived at the hotel and got a room however while I was checking in another guest arrived and I had just got the last room. As the hotel appeared to be busy the next day I booked a fully refundable room through booking.com in case I needed the room for another night. Both options were cheap around $75 AUD a night. i would always stay here if I was transiting through Abu Dhabi however if I was staying a few days I would chose a location a little closer to the city and beach. The hotel does offer a free shuttle to the city and shops but I didn't use so can't comment. Free wifi throughout the hotel with good speed.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank dantration
Write a ReviewReviews (1,227)

994 - 1,000 of 1,229 reviews

Reviewed 3 October 2012

This hotel is ideal for a short stop in Abu Dhabi. Great value and over the road from Ferrari World. Relatively close to the airport. Large rooms and friendly staff, clean and modern. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wardyp
Reviewed 2 October 2012

The hotel is located 10 minutes from Abu Dhabi airport, near the racetrack and in a complex of other international hotels. I selected this hotel as it looked nice and the rate online was good. My room had a lovely balcony and seating and overlooked the Yas Island Links golf course which looks stunning, although as I was on business I did not have time to play. There is also a nice swimming pool area. Try to get a room on this side of the hotel, as the other side looks over the other hotels and is quite uninspiring. The hotel is brand new. My only criticism is that there is not much atmosphere in the bar or restaurant and to me they looked a bit plasticky. But to be fair I only really glanced over at them as my colleague took me to the Rotana across the hotel complex which has an amazing bar and indian restaurant. This is highly recommended. Back to the Radisson. The rooms are 1st class and free wifi is great. Bed very comfy and no noise. Decent choice of TV channels incl. Sky News. I did not have breakfast as at £20 I thought it too dear for cereal and toast which is all I want, especially after a big meal the night before. £20 seems to be the going rate for breakfast these days, which I find a joke to be honest. I would actually come back here as a tourist on a break, as it ticks the boxes in terms of comfort and service.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the pool / golf course.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank PhilExport
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I arrived without any expectations as I had previously had my hopes up regarding other hotels booked in Europe (that I have to say were a let down). But the Park Inn was very different. It was a real resort,offering calm. The staff were very friendly and helpful at all times and the breakfast was amazing, there was something for everyone of all nationalities.
But sorry, yes there is a but, it was way too far from the city and the cost to go there by taxi was outrageous. Also I have to add there is nothing to do in the evening except go to bed - with someone if your lucky!!
So if you only want a night or two away from city life then this the hotel for you. Great for a stop over on your way home/to destination.

Room Tip: A room over the pool is nice. Wifi coverage is not the same in all rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank berrie66
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Hotel is basic but clean and modern. Located right next to the Marina F1 circuit. Taxi ride required to get away from the complex - long way from Abu Dhabi. Free wifi. Cheap and cheerful. Not much to do in the evening.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Me and my girlfriend went there to stay just one night to stay to visit ferrari world and other stuffs in Yas Island. It was a very unforgettable moments in park inn by radisson. I also work in a Hotel but i feel the room was so cute and very warming.. the view from the balcony was superv. The staff were so welcoming. I think i remember one lady at the reception " ji ji" , she was very polite.

Thank you for making my stay very lovely...will be back sooon..

Room Tip: view to ferrari world
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kamal609
Reviewed 22 September 2012 via mobile

The hotel is new and so beautiful !
The area is great if you have a car.
Near there is an amazing hotel (Yas Viceroy Hotel) where you can dine and enjoy.
Only one day I tried the breakfast, not bad but too expensive.
The staff are not particularly friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012