“Great Value & in the middle of YAS Island Attractions”

Park Inn by Radisson Abu Dhabi Yas Island
Ranked #39 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 13 November 2012

The hotel is situated in the block of YAS Island with 5 other hotels all conveniently connected to each other. I stayed there for the Abu Dhabi Art fair being held at adjoining Saiyadat Island. The hotel has its signature bright colors with modern Scandinavian flair for trendy design.

The rooms are large (considering the economic price), very comfortable washroom. Very comfy beds. Trendy minimalist designs for desks & chairs....large windows where the views are great - on one side its the Formula-1 track and on the other side its the golf course and the adjoining shallow waters around the island.

Its literally 5 minutes from the airport by car!

This is a good location for the race-track, and Farari world, or fair and concerts around the YAS Island. For Abu Dhabi city its at least a 30 minute drive and 50-60 dirham (US$18-20) Cab fare.

The Mexican Restaurant is Amazing- very fresh ingredients, one can taste all individual flavors and the staff are the friendliest.

The pool is small in size so it not really for taking laps....but good enough for a dip and there's plenty of sun-bed around for you to soak in the middle-eastern sun ... the property shares the SPA with adjoining Raddisons Blu (the more up-scale hotel by the same chain)

The staff are very helpful and have genuine smile on their faces!

The Bar at the Crown Plaza (next to the hotel as well) is very popular for both its amazing decor, the drinks and the food!

This is a great choice for all three; location, price, and service!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Gailani I
Write a ReviewReviews (1,215)

Reviewed 28 October 2012 via mobile

very clean rooms with nice furniture and a very friendly staff,very reasonably priced.an okey swimming pool but if you are interested into a decent place to stay to go to Ferrari world then this is definitly a good choice.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank tamtam77
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel between two flights and since we had to get up too early for regular breakfast the hotel offered us room-service for the next morning free of charge. This was, simply said, just fantastic. Never had such a wholesome and tasty breakfast as a replacement for a buffet. They came in with steaming hot coffee, fresh juice, a wide variety of sweet and salty pastries, a cheese platter and different varieties of jam jars. Those had such a noble aspect that that we asked if we could take them home which wasn't a problem at all. Since we only stayed for one night we can't really judge on the other services but we found the staff extremely helpful and as the hotel is only a 10$ taxi-ride from the airport we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank traveltheworld34
Reviewed 17 October 2012

This is officially a 3 star hotel but it appeared more like 3.5 star hotel. Next door Radisson Blu is clearly a better looking property. Stayed for 2 nights. Breakfast was almost same on the 2nd day. This was a let down. They could easily change the dishes at least. The spread was adequate tho.

Pool is small but nice. You can use the bigger pool at Radisson Blu which is just about 30-50 metres away. The Children’s play area was good.

Rooms are contemporary and bathrooms are good too. Nice modern look to the hotel interiors.

They had a good package of paying 100 AED extra and late checkout upto 10 pm on Saturdays.

Room Tip: Take sea facing/golf course facing rooms. they are worth the extra money!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I have just returned from two nights at the Park Inn after being stranded in Abu Dhabi after not getting on 5 (yes 5) standby flights to Australia. As I needed to go back and forth between the hotel and the airport this was a great location costing about 25AED ($7 AUD) in a taxi each way. The first night I stayed at the hotel I arrived quite late and checked in and went straight to the Mexican restaurant. The room was a good size with two bottles of free water, a fridge (no mini bar), and basic amenities. I was surprised that the noise from the aircraft overhead was quite loud when in bed but I was tired so it didn't really disturb me. I ate dinner and lunch at the Mexican restaurant and it was quite nice, not amazing but you are quite isolated at the hotel so you've gotta take what you can. I had the buffet breakfast on the second day and it was great. Lots of choice of food and inside and outside tables. The pool is perfect, nice size with an outdoor bar and you can walk through to the Radisson next door (not sure if you are meant to but there was no one to check). There was a good selection of television channels and 24hr room service available. On the second night I needed to go to the airport to try for a flight, the hotel told me that they would hold my room in case I didn't get on the flight which I didn't and I returned to the room once again, this was a really nice gesture that I have not had offered at other hotels before. The first night I just arrived at the hotel and got a room however while I was checking in another guest arrived and I had just got the last room. As the hotel appeared to be busy the next day I booked a fully refundable room through booking.com in case I needed the room for another night. Both options were cheap around $75 AUD a night. i would always stay here if I was transiting through Abu Dhabi however if I was staying a few days I would chose a location a little closer to the city and beach. The hotel does offer a free shuttle to the city and shops but I didn't use so can't comment. Free wifi throughout the hotel with good speed.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank dantration
Reviewed 3 October 2012

This hotel is ideal for a short stop in Abu Dhabi. Great value and over the road from Ferrari World. Relatively close to the airport. Large rooms and friendly staff, clean and modern. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wardyp
Reviewed 2 October 2012

The hotel is located 10 minutes from Abu Dhabi airport, near the racetrack and in a complex of other international hotels. I selected this hotel as it looked nice and the rate online was good. My room had a lovely balcony and seating and overlooked the Yas Island Links golf course which looks stunning, although as I was on business I did not have time to play. There is also a nice swimming pool area. Try to get a room on this side of the hotel, as the other side looks over the other hotels and is quite uninspiring. The hotel is brand new. My only criticism is that there is not much atmosphere in the bar or restaurant and to me they looked a bit plasticky. But to be fair I only really glanced over at them as my colleague took me to the Rotana across the hotel complex which has an amazing bar and indian restaurant. This is highly recommended. Back to the Radisson. The rooms are 1st class and free wifi is great. Bed very comfy and no noise. Decent choice of TV channels incl. Sky News. I did not have breakfast as at £20 I thought it too dear for cereal and toast which is all I want, especially after a big meal the night before. £20 seems to be the going rate for breakfast these days, which I find a joke to be honest. I would actually come back here as a tourist on a break, as it ticks the boxes in terms of comfort and service.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the pool / golf course.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business