“Great experience at the Park Inn”

Park Inn by Radisson Abu Dhabi Yas Island
Ranked #40 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Killarney, Ireland
“Great experience at the Park Inn”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stayed in the Park Inn on Yas Island for one night during July 2013 and it was just by coincidence that I ended up staying there. My Etihad flight to Abu Dhabi was delayed by 6 hours and I subsequently missed my connecting flight to Ireland so Etihad sent me to this hotel for 24 hours.

This hotel is a new hotel and is located on Yas Island close by the Formula One Circuit of Abu Dhabi. Ferrari World is also located a short distance away. My chauffeur drove me from Abu Dhabi Airport to the hotel and it was only a short journey of less than 15 minutes. I was greeted and checked-in by a friendly receptionist and she explained the arrangement for the chauffeur to collect me in the evening for my flight.

The hotel room I had was overlooking the front of the hotel and it was a really good sized room. Two single beds were provided and they were very comfortable. The room had a 32” HDTV with cable, free Wi-Fi, a writing desk with lamp, coffee table and chair, a full sized safe and a closet is also provided. A luggage rack and storage area is also built in next to the closet. The bathroom was a good size and had a wonderful walk in shower. The fixtures in the bathroom were of a very high quality. Tea and Coffee facilities were provided as were two complimentary bottles of drinking water.

The air-conditioning provided was excellent and despite it being 48°c outside it felt positively cold inside when I set it to the lowest temperature, having travelled in South East Asia for five weeks prior to this I did not encounter a hotel with as good an Air-Con system. The housekeeping do an excellent job here because the entire hotel was completely spotless inside and out.

That evening I had dinner in the Amerigos Mexican Restaurant downstairs and I had a steak there. I must give special credit to the staff of the restaurant because this steak was the best steak I have ever eaten in my entire life. It was served to me by an African chef and was presented nicely on a hot marble stone. A Thai waitress took my order and she was also exceptionally well mannered and friendly. The nachos at the beginning of the meal were a nice snack to begin with also.

Unfortunately my stay was too short and that evening after dinner the receptionist arranged for my Etihad driver to come collect me for my night flight back home. Mr. Bibbin and the staff in reception and the restaurant are a credit to this hotel and having spent the previous five weeks staying in hotels around SE Asia this hotel far exceeded anything I stayed in during the whole trip.

For a stop-over in Abu Dhabi or for a visit in its own right this hotel checks all the boxes and I will be certain to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
CraigBruceGM, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Abu Dhabi Yas Island, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear tomthepost,

We appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review.

We are glad to hear that you found your short stay great in terms of the good sized rooms, comfortable beds, excellent air conditioning, excellent housekeeping and excellent meal had in Amerigos our Mexican restaurant. Our team at Park Inn by Radisson looks forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Craig Bruce - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kings lynn
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

When we booked this hotel we were not sure what to expect as we knew it was radissons budget hotel but what a pleasant surprise! The service in this hotel is first class, better service than many more expensive, luxury hotels that we have stayed in. Reception staff and concierge were suburb and couldn't do enough for us. The food and service in Amerigos resteraunt great also. Rooms are basic , as we expected for the price, but very clean with a nice view and the buffet breakfast is very good too. Lovely pool area and we were able to use the facilities of the larger radisson blu next door. Free shuttle service to nearby beach and mall which is a bonus. Quiet area, stayed for 4 nights and had 4 great nights sleep. Right next to links golf course and Within walking distance of ferrari world, waterworld and marina racing circuit. We have already booked again, mainly due to the fabulous staff.:-)

Stayed February 2014
CraigBruceGM, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Abu Dhabi Yas Island, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Sammby01,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write a review.

It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us from the first class service, food in Amerigos our Mexican Restaurant, nice views from the room and lovely pool area. Please rest assured that your kind feedback regarding our team will definitely be passed along to them. I am sure that they will all be very proud as we strive to provide all of our guests with a pleasant stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Yas Island again soon!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 14 February 2014

This is not the service of a 3 star hotel.........it should be rated higher. The hotels in Dubai should visit the Park Inn.....the staff are so friendly and so helpful. They are competent, efficient and friendly. I stayed here with my Mum (who is in her 80's and the staff were so helpful. They made us very welcome and ensured my Mum was well taken care of. The Mexican restaurant was great, the food very scrummy and the Chef and restaurant manager visited our table, as they did to everyone else as well. The ambiance is the restaurant was fun and the service again was efficient. It's the first time staying in a 3 star hotel and I left with the impression that the well known 5 star hotels in Dubai could learn a lot from the Park Inn staff. Will definitely return...

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
CraigBruceGM, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Abu Dhabi Yas Island, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Dxbjetsetter,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. It will definitely help fellow travelers have an insight into what they can experience with us.

We try to ensure that all of our guests have a comfortable and memorable stay whilst with us. Therefore we are very glad to hear that you and your mum were able to experience this due to our friendly and helpful team. It is also great that you got the time to dine at Amerigos our Mexican restaurant and found the ambiance fun and the food scrummy. We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Fortrose, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I regularly stay at the sister property Radisson Blu, but eat in Amerigos bar. Staff are more than attentive. A smile around every corner. Food is fantastic. Prices very reasonable.
The hotel itself is comfortable, welcoming, well priced and very handy for the airport. Fantastic sea views if you get the right room otherwise fantastic views of F1 track. One of the best mid range hotels in Abu Dhabi in my opinion. ( did I mention that I've stayed at Park Inn and Radisson for 4 years and would not choose another hotel in Abu Dhabi!)

Room Tip: Sea view if you like sea or F1 if you like cars
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Bryan S,

Thank you for choosing to stay with our sister property Radisson Blu Hotel, Abu Dhabi Yas Island and for regularly popping over to dine at Amerigos. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review.

We strive to provide all of our guests with 100% satisfaction and therefore we are glad that you are able to experience this from the attentive staff, fantastic food and comfortable and welcoming hotel with fantastic views.

Once again thank you so much for your review we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 14 February 2014

It's a lovely place to have a relaxed stay. Serene environment, lovely view, access and proximity to all the attractions around.
Breakfast is diverse and varied each morning.

The staff (especially reception desk) are very friendly and supportive.

All in all, I recommend it for a relaxed getaway from noise and traffic.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear DUN24,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review.

We are glad that you were able to experience a relaxed getaway with us from the serene environment, lovely views as well as the close proximity to Yas Island's attractions such as Ferrari World and Yas Waterworld. We hope we can welcome you back again soon for another quiet, calm retreat.

doha, Qatar
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Recommended hotel, with nice view and very clean and tidy, breakfast quality also very good, very nice location especially if you want to explore Ferrary Word and Waterworld, no traffic at all, you can compare if you stay in Abu Dhabi city, you will wasting time only for traffic.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Dear Ridzal Y,

Thank you for recently choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write a review.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us from the nice views, clean and tidy rooms, very good breakfast quality and nice location. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stay at this hotel on a somewhat regular basis. Often for extended periods of 7 days plus. I've been known to be there for a whole month at times.
You shouldn't be put off that this hotel is the "affordable" option offered by Radisson. Being in the United Arab Emirates their service is so much better than the Park Inns I've experienced in the UK.
They have a great pool & pool bar - they also share a larger pool and gym facilities with the Radisson blu hotel next door.

The staff are very accommodating and the in-house restaurant "Amerigos" serves a brilliant steak any night of the week.

It's minutes from the Airport and only a quick "up the road" 1.5hr drive from Dubai and all it's sights.

My only negative comment is that being close to the airport you do get "through traffic" of airplanes departing and arriving till late at night and then from sunrise. But all the hotels on YAS Island have this same issue

Room Tip: Ask for the "sea view " rooms. Other wise your view will consist of other hotels.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
CraigBruceGM, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Abu Dhabi Yas Island, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Richard K,

Thank you for constantly choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your loyalty and for taking the time to write a review.

We strive to provide a home away from home to all of our guests and therefore we are glad that you experienced this from the great pool and pool bar, brilliant steak at Amerigos and convenient location to the airport and Dubai. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not so distant future.