“Average buffet”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I've had several good lunches at Choices in the Yas Rotana in the past, so one Thursday evening we went along to try out their seafood buffet.

The food was fine, but nothing special. Maybe my expectations were too high based on the really excellent Thursday night seafood buffet available at sister hotel the Beach Rotana, but the price is similar so this seems a reasonable comparison to make.

All the food I had was perfectly OK, but nothing really wowed me. The dish I had from the cooking station where the chef will whip up your choice of fish, veg and sauce in a stir fry was probably the best thing I had. However while the food was nothing special, service was really excellent, and the friendly waiting staff kept our drinks topped up throughout the evening.

The venue itself is pleasant enough, but it's a brightly lit, reasonably crowded place - this is a place to go for a family dinner or a pre-drinks meal with friends rather than a more intimate setting.

All in all, I'd go back, but I wouldn't be in any particular hurry to do so. If you're looking for a great seafood buffet and location isn't an issue then the Beach Rotana is hands down the better choice (though you will need to book in advance as it is popular).

YasIslandRotana, Manager at Choices, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Simon W,

Thank you for posting your comperhensive review on Trip Advisor.

Whilst we are glad to know that you had appreciated a few of the dishes and the excellent service your received during your last visit at Choices, we are truly sorry to hear that you were not fully pleased with the buffet options.

We appreciate that you were able to point out the areas for improvement at our Seafood Night. Rest assured, your comments will be communicated to the relevant teams. We thank you for bringing these matters to our attention, and assure you that they will be worked on and improved. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon and hopefully, exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

This restaurant have a great management and amazing staff helpful and hospital the food quality is good over here and it have a variety of choices :). but there is a place for a better taste and improving in that area other than this it good restaurant.

YasIslandRotana, Manager at Choices, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Loai A,

Thank you very much for posting your review and for sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at Choices.

We are delighted to learn that overall you enjoyed your dining experience at Choices and were pleased with the service standard and food selection. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated.

Thank you also for pointing out the areas for improvement at Choices. We thank you for bringing these matters to our attention, and ensure that they are worked on and improved.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Choices in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The best Buffet I have had in MANY MANY years. As a frequent visitor to the UAE, I have been to many establishments, I have found Choices at the Yas Rotana to be among the very best because of the staff and the variety of excellent foods. For a Buffet, the service is phenomenal with nearly the mere intimation of a desire resulting in satisfaction. I have been to larger buffets and I have been to fancier buffets, but I have never been to a better buffet. The quality of the food as well the the chefs' knack for keeping the regular lineup fresh with unique additions and variations continues to impress me. Is it perfect? No, The venue could be expanded as it gets a bit crowded for brunch and the first press of dinner during Ramadan, but this again speaks to the high quality of the service and the excellent food. One thing I have learned, if you do not see it...ask, and it may well appear.

2  Thank C0et
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Choices, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear C0et,

Thank you for your five star rating and for your wonderful comments!

We are delighted to learn that you have always enjoyed your time when dining with us at Choices, and that you consider us to be among the very best – particularly in regards to our great variety of excellent food, and indeed in regards to our Chef’s attention to freshness and assortment.

I would also like to thank you for your kind words regarding the service and staff. The entire Choices team is very happy to see such positive feedback, its comments like yours that keep us motivated to continuously strive to do better.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Choices in the near future in one of your next visits to the UAE!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Had the evening buffet at Choices this evening and what an excellent selection of wonderfully fresh food wax on offer again. Also super atmosphere and service. Consistently great result and I'll be back again soon.

Dear Tony S,

I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent dining experience with us at Choices. We appreciate your kind feedback and positive review with regards to your dining experience and that all in all, you had a great evening with us.

We certainly hope to welcome you back again soon, and please feel free to contact me directly in case I can be of any assistance in making your next visit an even better one.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have been staying at the Rotana on Yas Island for 5 months now on business, and eat 2 meals daily at Choices. I can tell you that you cannot find a better choice or food quality for the price. This restaurant has a different theme night every day and the Choices (no pun intended) are tremendous. The service is like no other, and the staff will go out of their way to make sure you are 100% satisfied. I have eaten at over 20 restaurants in Abu Dhabi and Choices ranks number 1 for the value, taste, and variety of dishes. There desert selection is also the best that I have had here. You will find other restaurants with a larger selection but be prepared to pay 3 times as much as Choices. Even after 5 months I do not get bored with the food here due to their daily rotations of food variety. Bottom line: This place rocks!!

1  Thank Oscar D
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Choices, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Oscar D,

Thank you for your five star rating and for taking the time to post your review.

We are delighted to hear that your experience with us at Choices has always been nothing but positive and that you consider us to deliver the best value – regarding both quality and price.

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding our professional service and staff, our wide-ranging and first-class food selection, as well as our welcoming ambience. Your compliments have been shared with the entire Choices team, and we are all very happy to see such feedback. Its positive comments like yours that keep us motivated to continuously strive to do better.

It is truly great to know that you have always enjoyed your time with us, and that we were able to make your stay at Yas Island Rotana one to treasure.

We look forward to seeing you at Choices!