“Very tasty meal”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2013

The experience as a whole was very good. The food was excellent with real depth of flavour. The staff were very attentive, perhaps bordering on being overly so, but better that way than the other.The restaurant feel was lovely. The reason I did not give 'excellent' as the prices were a little on the high side. I guess you pay a bit more for the location (within the grounds of the Formula One circuit). Plus we did have a few beers which always knocks it up a bit.
The little extras they do are a nice touch - crackers and poppadums, also mini dumpling and mango juice. I'd say if you had a modest meal and stayed of the beers/wine you could eat easily for 200AED per person.
On the whole a very enjoyable restaurant, I would recommend a visit.

YasViceroyFBManager, Manager at Angar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Dear DarthGolf,

thank you for taking the time to review Angar and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Angar. Thank you for your feedback all of which will be passed to the restaurant.

Kind regards
Food and Beverage marketing assistant manager.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Ended up here as the Indian Restaurant at the Rotana Hotel which we had been intending to go to is closed on Monday evenings, which we hadn't realised. We were not disappointed. The staff were friendly, courteous and attentive, and the food was delicious. If you like your curry hot, make sure to say this, otherwise you may be disappointed. All in all a great meal, and we look forward to returning when we move out to Abu Dhabi later in the year.

YasViceroyFBManager, Manager at Angar, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Dear pjchambers6,
thank you for taking the time to write a review on Angar.
Its lovely to hear you enjoyed your dining experience with us after sumbling upon us on your visit to Abu Dhabi.
We wish you a safe flight back to Abu Dhabi later in the year and we hope to see you again soon after.

Kind regards
Food & Beverage Marketing, Assistant Manager.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I am delighted with my experience at Angar last weekend.
I made reservation on the web-site and made a request for a special family evening for my marriage anniv...The staff took good care of us ..My kids loved the food....Good Ambiance..The staff are very courteous. Restaurant gave us a pleasant surprise in the end ...bringing a cake and activity items for kids... Overall Good Food...Good Hospitality ..I will highly recommend the place to all...

YasViceroyFBManager, Manager at Angar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Dear Amit G

Thank you for taking the time to review Angar and thank you for the fantastic feedback, it is lovely to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us. I will be sure to pass your feedback to the staff of Angar and we hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards
Food & Beverage Marketing Assistant Manager

Reviewed 17 April 2013

I think this is our fourth visit to Angar and a review is long overdue.

We have dined off the a la carte menu and have to say that the butter chicken is one of the most richest, tenderest and tasty dish I have eaten from an Indian restaurant.

When I first tried it last year, it was by recommendation of our waiter after I explained that I did not like my food too hot and spicy and this was an excellent choice.

On our last visit, we experienced the recently introduced 'Star of India at Angar' that must be experienced. The mixed platter starter consisted of meat and vegetarian samosas, onion bhajis and pakora with raita and salads. This was followed by superb chicken, lamb, fish and vegetable kebabs of which once devoured we were asked if we wanted more. The naan breads to accompany the set meal are so delicately flavoured and are nice and thin, which we like. There is a choice of main courses, butter chicken being one of them :-) Finally a selection of traditional desserts are served, if you can find the room for them.

Delicious!

YasViceroyFBManager, Manager at Angar, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2013

Dear MildredMopton

It is lovely to hear you have visited Angar so often and that you have enjoyed each visit.
Thank you for writing your review and I am glad you enjoyed our 'Star of India' night at Angar, it certainly is a large set menu so it is great to hear you enjoyed it so much.

We look forward to seeing you again for your fifth visit!

Warm regards

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Excellent Indian food, full of lavours, great experience. We`ve visited lot of Indian restaurants before, but this one was the best! We had complete course for good money. Sitting outside is just great! And the staff, extremely friendly, nothing is problem for them. If I asked about the food ingrediences they immediately started to explain with big passion. For me, this is the best restaurant I`ve ever visited, with no doubt.

Special thanks to assistant manager Vimal - for showing me the places where I could take pictures of this great hotel.

Please continue with this really big standard of service, I am going visit you again.

YasViceroyFBManager, Manager at Angar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

Dear Tomas_Kuch thank you for the fantastic review of Angar. I am delighted you enjoyed your full dining experience at Angar and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind Regards
Food & Beverage Marketing Assistant Manager.