“Excellent Ambiance!”

Sho Cho Abu Dhabi
Ranked #199 of 2,062 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: sho cho is a contemporary Japanese restaurant and lounge serving the freshest sushi and Japanese dishes. sho cho is fully licensed with an outdoor terrace for dining and a cocktail bar. We're open from 12 noon till 3 am with kitchen closing by 12mid night, daily specials that includes bento box lunch specials, happy hour drinks and sunday night feast. Please follow our social media pages for updates.
Manama, Bahrain
“Excellent Ambiance!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

For my sister's birthday, she picked up this restaurant to celebrate and frankly speaking It was an excellent choice!

The restaurant is located in Qaryat Al Beri opposite the Great Mosque. it has both indoor and outdoor seating. the view by night is very nice, overlooking the see and facing the illuminated Cheikh Zayed mosque.

We booked a table for 14 people and were very nicely welcomed by the staff. the menu is well designed and offers a good variety of tastes & flavors...fish, meat, chicken or pure veg, it has it all!
The service was smooth, the waiters were very attentive to serve the food at the right time and not make you wait unnecessarily.
I did like their Sushi and advise you not to miss it, if you happen to go there!

At Sho Cho you will not only enjoy the food, but also the music! the DJ is very good and he kept us dancing till late in the night!

We had a great time there and would definitely go back!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Tinhinen

• Korean first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Stick to the sushi!”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We came to Sho Cho expecting an above average meal - unfortunately the food we were served was way below par. With entertainer coupons, we were limited to the "Main Course" selections on the menu plus a couple of other options - when I enquired about one of them the waitress informed me it was thin slices of seared tuna. I asked what it came with - she said it came with rice and that's it. These dishes are all around 100 AED. I started to get concerned.

We ordered a sushi platter to share between two people - 143 AED, around $45 for 15 pieces of nigiri, expensive but whatever, and this was pretty good. But then our main courses came.

We had ordered a chicken teriyaki, and a salmon teriyaki. Both were apparently pan fried, overcooked, without much seasoning, and finished by pouring a sticky teriyaki sauce over top. This came with a small bowl of white rice on the plate - no vegetables, no salad, no soup. 78 AED for the chicken, over 100 for the salmon. This was the worst food we've had in Abu Dhabi.

Can't recommend unless you are in the neighbourhood and want some sushi, which was not bad. We felt ripped off and disappointed that the rest of the menu was so poorly executed.

• Visited May 2014
“The food is correct, the ambience is just great!!”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I am frequently in Abu Dhabi due to my work and I have been in many discos and pubs trying to find the place where music is good enough to spend a dancing night.
Well, I can tell that up to now, Sho Cho has the best ambience in Abu Dhabi, better than Eight that is just in the upper floor. The DJ is excellent and friday's is the 70s & 80s night.
Ah! of course, this is a restaurant... food is OK as a Japanese, bit overpriced but correct in terms of quality and cuisine.

• Visited May 2014
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Nice ambiance for nice sushi”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Whenever you have a craving fir a nice sushi, Sho Cho is the place to go! Their Rock Shrimp Tempuras are an absolute must! Background lounge music is very pleasant and their rolls are spot on: the classics and originals. Beware however, the portions for the rolls are quite small.

Visited January 2014
Busan, South Korea
“Wonderful view from patio, expensive but good sushi”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Sho Cho is definitely a good pick for Sushi in Abu Dhabi.

I found it a bit overpriced, meaning that, although good Sushi, I ate better sushi for the same price in my life. Still, I would highly suggest the restaurant.

The view is just incredible, right on the Grand Mosque, at night illuminated is romantic and eerie.
The service was ok, staff attentive. We waited a while, but we ordered SO MUCH FOOD, so that was expected. In four our bill came to 270 each.
One suggestions: Sho Cho has THE BEST MOJITOS in Abu Dhabi! Get one and you won't be disappointed!

I'm looking forward to go back and enjoy the mosque view with my boyfriend when he visits Abu Dhabi :)

• Visited March 2014